EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Unfortunately al courses are closed till at least April 20th right now for me. So hard not to be able to take them on their maiden voyage. Pumped for all that have taken them out, and a little jealous too.

Looking great @Tenputt

The course looks amazing. Firm and fast conditions it looks like. I'm expecting big drives.

The gear all looks great so far. Those forged tecs look amazing. I'm also excited to see a lot of 5 woods. Cobra makes some amazing fairways.

I think the course is just waking up from winter. The greens were recently treated, but still in pretty good shape. By the time the Morgan Cup is here, the course will be fantastic.

The photos truly do not depict the beauty of the geography. The rocks are much more red. It is a different type of golf course than many are used to seeing/playing, but it is amazing.

I am going to play a couple more rounds before I return home. If there is interest, when I finish up, I will start a thread specifically to the course, in which I will give a summary of each hole and how to play it. Let me know by responding to this post if it is something worth doing.

I am going to play a couple more rounds before I return home. If there is interest, when I finish up, I will start a thread specifically to the course, in which I will give a summary of each hole and how to play it. Let me know by responding to this post if it is something worth doing.
Do it!

The clubs Cobra put out this year are 🔥🔥. I loved the F9 clubs a year ago, but the new Cobra clubs took a step up! The apparel we will see from Puma will be equally as hot. I have seen so much that I've loved that there is no doubt it will be fantastic. The course looks amazing, and I love all the excitement from the teams! Going to be a must follow event!

That would be incredible @Tenputt!! If @JDax and @e1iterate do their coverage they should definitely have you on as the course expert!!

Are you more confident with there being just a little more mass behind the ball?

what are you using it for the most? Tee shots or approach shots?
It is weird as I never struck my long irons super well and I have a love / hate relationship with hybrids. But something about the 7 wood just works for me off the fairway and off a very short tee. I played a really nice private course with a member and on a 215 yard par 3 over water he hit a decent 4 iron that was pin high and just off the green. He sees me with a fairway, looks puzzled and asked "5 wood?" I said 7 wood and he looked even more puzzled. I hit it inside 12 feet of the flag at which point he asked if he could hit it. He has more swing speed than me and hit it over the flag to the back of the green. I can't explain it but I don't question it. For a long option off a tight lie it just seems easy for me.

Unfortunately al courses are closed till at least April 20th right now for me. So hard not to be able to take them on their maiden voyage. Pumped for all that have taken them out, and a little jealous too.

You’re not the only one!

Less than 6 weeks till due date!

Less than 6 weeks till due date!
Sleep every moment you can leading up to it!! Going to be an awesome ride. My youngest is about to turn 3 and it hit me today that she's grown up way too fast!! I miss them being babies. Something about swaddling them tight in a blanket then having them fall asleep in my arms.. Enjoy every moment!!

This place looks outstanding.

I was able to play with my new equipment today. I will post in the appropriate threads, but this stuff is fantastic. I struggled a little with the irons, mostly just not knowing the distances and would have probably benefitted from hitting a range before taking brand new clubs to a course I had never played. That said, the forged tec irons felt great and I just need to get down my yardages.

The driver and big tour fairway were AWESOME! I am not sure I have ever had a day off the tee with a driver like today.

I think the course is just waking up from winter. The greens were recently treated, but still in pretty good shape. By the time the Morgan Cup is here, the course will be fantastic.

The photos truly do not depict the beauty of the geography. The rocks are much more red. It is a different type of golf course than many are used to seeing/playing, but it is amazing.

Pictures don’t do it justice. I see this scenery all the time and it doesn’t get old. The course is a very different place than last years venue. I think back to the Hideaway where everything on the grounds was perfectly manicured. Sand Hollow feels much more raw.

While not a true Links course it has a lot of those characteristics.Tee shots will roll out, in some cases a lot. Expect some rollout on approach shots. There aren’t trees to worry about and there isn’t much shelter from the wind if it is blowing.

Pictures don’t do it justice. I see this scenery all the time and it doesn’t get old. The course is a very different place than last years venue. I think back to the Hideaway where everything on the grounds was perfectly manicured. Sand Hollow feels much more raw.

While not a true Links course it has a lot of those characteristics.Tee shots will roll out, in some cases a lot. Expect some rollout on approach shots. There aren’t trees to worry about and there isn’t much shelter from the wind if it is blowing.
I've seen the red rocks in Colorado which were breathtaking but these photos are just beautiful.. The guys are in for a real treat!!

Just curious for those of us who are still hoping this takes place in May, how many guys on each team are actually able to play right now?

Just curious for those of us who are still hoping this takes place in May, how many guys on each team are actually able to play right now?
I can, but I'm not because of my Wife's health. I cannot afford to take chances on bringing this virus into my home.

Last edited:

Nope, on lockdown here. I do actually see some courses that appear to be open from looking at GolfNow, but I am not chancing it.

I am not able to play. My courses never opened for the season and will not be opening for some time I presume. Plus, being in NY, I wouldn’t play if they were open. That’s just my choice.

Back