JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Watching this show on different types of gravy for different meals. So what is your choice for best gravy?

If I had to go with just one, probably the sausage / cream gravy. Only slightly behind is brown gravy.

I find myself a bigger fan of brown gravy over the cream gravy, unless it's with biscuits. Then it's cream all the way.

All I can think of with this is that big guy shout BOWL OF GRAVY and then drinking it. Damn you, JB

Depends on what it's going on, but I do favor a good cream gravy over brown.

My favorite is poultry gravy. I like beef gravy too. Not a huge fan of cream gravy

But as long as it’s not from a jar or can I’ll eat it.

• Admin
I find myself a bigger fan of brown gravy over the cream gravy, unless it's with biscuits. Then it's cream all the way.

All I can think of with this is that big guy shout BOWL OF GRAVY and then drinking it. Damn you, JB

The only gravy I like is sausage gravy for biscuits. Not a gravy guy at all

Sausage gravy over biscuits. Followed closely by chipped beef gravy on toast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m a big fan of gravy. If I had to pick a favorite, I would say sausage gravy.

Nobody going red eye gravy, huh?

Sawmill with Sausage gravy is the in the lead by far, followed by Sawmill gravy with no sausage...

then everything else, depending on the protein, some gravy’s work better with certain meats.

Sausage gravy. None of that mix ******** either.

Sausage gravy. None of that mix ******** either.
RIght?

Fat, flour, milk, salt and pepper, and saussage. It’s too easy to need a mix.

German mushroom gravy

Sausage gravy with biscuits is my favorite. But for Thanksgiving meal and the like, give me a nice brown gravy.

Sausage gravy with biscuits is my favorite. But for Thanksgiving meal and the like, give me a nice brown gravy.
Literally had this for breakfast this am. Soooo good

There is also a gravy that my great grandmother made.....she was from West Virginia. It’s a variation of sausage gravy and it is stupid good.

Nobody going red eye gravy, huh?

I just looked up Red Eye, sounds great I can wait to make it.
My love of gravy started when I was a boy, mom had 14 mouths to feed with one chuck roast, she was a master at dividing it into 14 equal parts, when you finished your portion you could always have gravy bread.
Fresh turkey gravy is my favorite, it might be that it’s only on the menu once or twice a year.

There is also a gravy that my great grandmother made.....she was from West Virginia. It’s a variation of sausage gravy and it is stupid good.
You seem to be quite the gravy connoisseur! I'll have to try this one out next time!

As a fat boy I think Suasage Gravy is the best. So simple, I make mine with 3 ingredients, hot/zesty sausage, flour, and milk. So good.

Good over damn near everything. There’s very few foods that I can’t think of that would be ruined by drowning in this. Veggies? Maybe, but those are more supplements than food.

German mushroom gravy
Oh man! I forgot about this. I was stationed in Germany for 5 years and we would order delivery of Jägerschnitzel with mushroom gravy. It was so damn good but my favorite is still good ol fashioned Sausage gravy. Unfortunately I live in WA state now so it is very hard to come by good sausage gravy.

Yup, that’s basically how I make mine. Throw in homemade biscuits instead of the Grands and you begin to see where my belly came from.

It's probably an artery clogger, but my Mom taught me, and my Sister how to make "chicken gravy".

She would skin the the various chicken parts, and coat them in a seasoned flour mixture. From there the chicken pieces would go into the frying pan with a 1/4" of hot cooking oil until golden brown.

Once all the chicken was cooked, she would add the left over flour mix to the grease, and stir untill bubbly. Then she would add water to thin it out.

The finished product went on our mashed potatoes, and biscuits. Any left over gravy would wind up on our hashbrowns, or toast the next morning.

For Thanksgiving she would do the same with fried, smaller pieces of turkey.

This recipe used all types of fried meats, and some fried veggies.

I taught my wife how to make it, and we taught our Daughters how make it. It's a 5 generations recipe. Mayb 6 by now.

Back