Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

Are u guys taking about turbos or last years HB’s

They're talking about the OG launchers. The turbos finish in the cavity is better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I know with the Altitudes, head covers were not really necessary. How do the Launcher HB and the newer Turbos do without headcovers?
They are completely fine, no need for HCs at all so far on my son’s set of turbos

Are u guys taking about turbos or last years HB’s
OG launcher HB sorry....I am using headcovers and maintain my clubs meticulously....black back part of irons is fine with covers but the faces wear extremely fast....and again....Dings without having hit any rocks etc on club faces after only a few months of playing? Just very disappointed in Cleveland

when I bought them

hb new.jpg

one month later

hb wear 1.jpghb wear 2.jpg

Still baffles me why they used that black paint on the sole.
Agreed ....honestly liked the altitude “sandpaper” like backing and it never showed wear like Chile’s clubs....but even the FORGED faces on my Altitudes never “dinged” after 3-4 months or so of limited play...this honestly shocked me....

I think those needed iron covers if you could have accepted it. At least with the Tudes and the Turbo's, they don't appear to be need protection.

That is pretty crazy. I had the 5 and 6 iron in my bag for close to 18 months and with traveling and all dont look anything like that.

The Turbo (this thread) have held up pretty well so far too.

I think those needed iron covers if you could have accepted it. At least with the Tudes and the Turbo's, they don't appear to be need protection.
You are right bro....club covers are a must with OG Launcher HB (which I have been doing!)....glad to hear Turbos have better durability....all I care about are the faces honestly....but I’m one of those guys that are meticulous like a nut about my clubs!!! Show room shape!!!!

So after a lot of testing I have decided that my set of OG Launcher HB irons aren’t for me! I think so far that these and the HB3 model were by far the best and most balanced of the “Hibore” series. With that having been said, I feel like the clubhead feel is too light a lot of the time (know it is D2 with graphite but seems like I can’t feel clubhead at times).....and I just couldn’t get the CONSISTENCY and confidence with them that I get with the Wilson irons I played previously. As I mentioned previously, this OG Launcher HB set’s durability (or lack there of) is another big problem for me. If after 4 months of use at most...they look worse than my 7 year Wilson’s on the faces....can’t imagine what they’ll look like down the road! Will look forward to testing the HB turbo line when this damned virus is gone 🦠!!!!

So after a lot of testing I have decided that my set of OG Launcher HB irons aren’t for me! I think so far that these and the HB3 model were by far the best and most balanced of the “Hibore” series. With that having been said, I feel like the clubhead feel is too light a lot of the time (know it is D2 with graphite but seems like I can’t feel clubhead at times).....and I just couldn’t get the CONSISTENCY and confidence with them that I get with the Wilson irons I played previously. As I mentioned previously, this OG Launcher HB set’s durability (or lack there of) is another big problem for me. If after 4 months of use at most...they look worse than my 7 year Wilson’s on the faces....can’t imagine what they’ll look like down the road! Will look forward to testing the HB turbo line when this damned virus is gone !!!!

PM sent.

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 reg shaft
Callaway Mavrik Max 5w Helium Black reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4, & 5 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G410 6 hybrid Steelfiber reg shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Steelfiber i80 reg shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Steelfiber i95 reg shafts
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

PM sent.

I am a lefty! Tried to send email not sure if came through...thanks for checking with me will probably sell off to my LH neighbor!!!

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 reg shaft
Callaway Mavrik Max 5w Helium Black reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4, & 5 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G410 6 hybrid Steelfiber reg shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Steelfiber i80 reg shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Steelfiber i95 reg shafts
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

HEAVILY thinking about putting the 4 or 5 iron in my bag for that slot. That spot in my bag has been a problem for sometime as I just cant seem to get into something im comfortable with looks wise and also forgiveness I need.

Im not sure of the loft I should go with which is why I said 4 or 5. Right now 23* is the right number to keep the gap between my 2 hybrid and 5i.

Also I see on Clevelands website they aren't doing any custom orders due to this Covid BS. Im really not a fan of the stock graphite option that is avail.....so I either try it or get one then swap out the shaft for a Recoil 780 Smacwrap which I have. Steel shaft is not an option for me and quite honestly isn't inviting for me at all.

I just don't want a true hybrid in this spot but I need more forgiveness than a Utility iron gives me. I have hit these clubs several times with complete positive results so im not sure why I keep baulking at getting one to fill that spot.

Last edited:
HEAVILY thinking about putting the 4 or 5 iron in my bag for that slot. That spot in my bag has been a problem for sometime as I just cant seem to get into something im comfortable with looks wise and also forgiveness I need.

Im not sure of the loft I should go with which is why I said 4 or 5. Right now 23* is the right number to keep the gap between my 2 hybrid and 5i.

Also I see on Clevelands website they aren't doing any custom orders due to this Covid BS. Im really not a fan of the stock graphite option that is avail.....so I either try it or get one then swap out the shaft for a Recoil 780 Smacwrap which I have. Steel shaft is not an option for me and quite honestly isn't inviting for me at all.

I just don't want a true hybrid in this spot but I need more forgiveness than a Utility iron gives me. I have hit these clubs several times with complete positive results so im not sure why I keep baulking at getting one to fill that spot.

I’ve often thought of these clubs as good “gateway” clubs. I start my iron set at a 6i. Was fitted for G700’s a couple years ago. Loved the 7i on down but every now and then would hit a wonky one with the 6i. It actually led to me putting back in my Cleveland Altitude 6i which eventually I moved them all back into the bag. I’ll never sell them. Lol.
I think a 4 and or 5i is a smart play there to bridge the gap between hybrids and mid irons.

I’ve often thought of these clubs as good “gateway” clubs. I start my iron set at a 6i. Was fitted for G700’s a couple years ago. Loved the 7i on down but every now and then would hit a wonky one with the 6i. It actually led to me putting back in my Cleveland Altitude 6i which eventually I moved them all back into the bag. I’ll never sell them. Lol.
I think a 4 and or 5i is a smart play there to bridge the gap between hybrids and mid irons.

I agree. I need to make a move stat on this......

I think im going to go with the 5i to keep my gapping right but swap shafts to my Recoil .

Alright, finished up the build on my HB Turbo 5i this past weekend. It feels really good. Im really counting on this club to solidify that spot in my bag thats been a real gray area

BTW, I do have a head cover coming from Cleveland for this one iron. I am not a fan of the hollow tinking sound on metal woods.

cleve.jpg
cleve2.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts @2BFAST

I dig the 5 iron

Sometimes I ask myself why I do the things I do......and not choosing this club for the 23* spot in my bag that I have been fighting for awhile way sooner than this...is one of them. Man I don’t know why I waited so long. I love it. Like I said I have hit these many times before and thought very highly of them and that certainly hasn’t changed. I don’t think I can bag a full bag of these but having that forgiveness at the top of my bag really shines for me. It shoots off the face like Iv seen before and even on a mishit it gets to where I need it to go and play

Again, why did I wait?!

If my ego wouldn’t get in front of me it would be redic to have a full bag of these. I LOVE my 5i setup, aim and go. Kinda boring lol

If my ego wouldn’t get in front of me it would be redic to have a full bag of these. I LOVE my 5i setup, aim and go. Kinda boring lol
I have been thinking of getting a 5 iron in one of these as well. It looks like it is a winner for you.

Back