Review Indi Golf Putters Review

My Allison putter came in today. It looks even better in person than I expected. And it feels great. Heavier than I expected which is a good thing. I will get to get it out in course tomorrow.

The most expensive putter I’ve ever bought was $100 new. I’ve rolled a couple nicer ones at a PGASS but nothing more than a couple puts. I enjoyed the write up and if you need a place for the Ramone I volunteer as tribute. I’m pretty sure if you say it’s good, it’s gotta be great to me.

I am not even going to attempt to put up a review That will compare with what @Jman does. It would fall woefully short, but I am going to give my thoughts after one round with the Allison putter.

This putter, in short, is amazing! It is very forgiving, it has great feel and it puts an absolutely beautiful & pure roll on the ball. I will admit that I didn't think there was any way my Odyssey EXO 7s would get knocked out of the bag, but that is just what happened after one round.

Now I will qualify by above statement by saying that it was just one round. However, I don't see how It can't get anything but better as I adjust to it. My playing partner who I play with a great deal was very impressed with the way I putted today. I'm looking forward to playing it again tomorrow.

IMG_20200320_115438.jpgIMG_20200320_115408.jpgIMG_20200320_115355.jpg

Last edited:
I am not even going to attempt to put up a review That will compare with what @Jman does. It would fall woefully short, but I am going to give my thoughts after one round with the Allison putter.

This putter, in short, is amazing! It is very forgiving, it has great feel and it puts an absolutely beautiful & pure roll on the ball. I will admit that I didn't think there was any way my Odyssey EXO 7s would get knocked out of the bag, but that is just what happened after one round.

Now I will qualify by above statement by saying that it was just one round. However, I don't see how It can't get anything but better as I adjust to it. My playing partner who I play with a great deal was very impressed with the way I putted today. I'm looking forward to playing it again tomorrow.

View attachment 8932849View attachment 8932850View attachment 8932851
LOVE It JH. That dark finish is sooooooo much better on the Allison.

Also, I think it’s time to find a couple testers....

Sever several rounds in the books with the Allison putter and it has not disappointed in the least. It truly is one of the best putters I've ever used. And to be honest I'm surprised by it. Whoever ends up getting these to test I hope will have the same experience.

Sever several rounds in the books with the Allison putter and it has not disappointed in the least. It truly is one of the best putters I've ever used. And to be honest I'm surprised by it. Whoever ends up getting these to test I hope will have the same experience.
#ReviewValidation

Now, how to pick the two.......

That Allison black mallet is really appealing to my eye. Great stuff John!

Man, I'm liking that black. It's pretty.

And there's distinction between the two... one's definitely a blade; the other's defnintely a mallet... no bladeymallet going on.

@Just_Hacking can you scoop the ball with the back of the putter?

And there's distinction between the two... one's definitely a blade; the other's defnintely a mallet... no bladeymallet going on.

yes, you can.

You sure can. As a matter of fact it's one of the easiest putters to scoop the ball up with I've ever used.

I’m going to pick a couple of you readers this evening for some forum testing fun. Appreciate you all!

Oh, and I would certainly volunteer my services to review the Allison!
The most expensive putter I’ve ever bought was $100 new. I’ve rolled a couple nicer ones at a PGASS but nothing more than a couple puts. I enjoyed the write up and if you need a place for the Ramone I volunteer as tribute. I’m pretty sure if you say it’s good, it’s gotta be great to me.
You two wanna do some work?

You two wanna do some work?

You betcha! May be indoor work for a while but it will be work. Hopefully outdoors in the somewhat near future...

@Jman You better believe I’m down for some work. Like I stated in a previous thread, I know it’s a long drive, but the courses here are still open.

Great stuff...looking forward to your feedback, fellas.

You betcha! May be indoor work for a while but it will be work. Hopefully outdoors in the somewhat near future...
@Jman You better believe I’m down for some work. Like I stated in a previous thread, I know it’s a long drive, but the courses here are still open.
And so it shall come to pass. ;)

Feedback needed in here, and in the Two Thumb putter grip thread. Shoot me your addy’s and I’ll try to get them out Sat or Mon.

Feedback needed in here, and in the Two Thumb putter grip thread. Shoot me your addy’s and I’ll try to get them out Sat or Mon.
Done and done. This is one I'm VERY excited about.

Will do and PM just sent. Thanks!

The Allison landed at my humble abode in south GA a couple of hours ago. With shelter in place in GA still mandated until 4/30 and my course having been closed for a month, receiving this putter to review was certainly a welcomed gift.

Have already rolled at least 50 putts with the Allison so have some initial thoughts to share.

Looks: I actually really liked the aspect of this putter from the first time seeing pictures here and on social media. And this fondness arose despite never have owned a mallet this large. Something about it just caught my eye and getting in hand did nothing to dampen my fancy for the looks.

Feel: As @Jman stated in his review, this putter does not at all feel like your average aluminum putter. The strike of the ball returns a very solid feel/sound instead of an almost expected, knowing the material, loud and hollow feedback sensation. All other putters I own are 100% milled stainless or carbon steel and the Allison can stand up to any of them in terms of sound/feel.

Roll: Very smooth and end over end from the start. I was quite curious about Indi's Collasol Sweet Spot claim so I intentionally hit several puts off both the heel and toe. While striking the ball in these areas did return a slightly different (harder) sound/feel, there did not appear to be any distance loss or alteration of intended roll path.

Much more feedback coming as I gain more experience with the putter. Hopefully will get to roll it on actual grass in a few weeks.

20200415_132553.jpg20200415_132510.jpg
20200415_132415.jpg20200415_132346.jpg
20200415_132316.jpg

Glad it made it my man!

Definitely prefer the Allison, but can’t decide which finish I like more. I kinda like the silver aluminium look, but the black looks slick.

@Sox_Fan - do you find that the two alignment lines provide enough assistance?

Definitely prefer the Allison, but can’t decide which finish I like more. I kinda like the silver aluminium look, but the black looks slick.

@Sox_Fan - do you find that the two alignment lines provide enough assistance?

I do and was thinking as I was using it that I am glad they are understated. Things like that, if overbearing, tend to make my eyes follow. This does not. I'm not sure I have ever owned a putter with more than one line or dot on it for alignment so I am more comfortable with a simpler alignment aid system.

Really digging the looks of that mallet!

That’s a really good looking putter. Looks amazing from the back!

Back