Review Xcaliber Xclusiv Mystic Driver Shaft Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
By now, most have at least heard of the Xcaliber brand, the brainchild of Robin Arthur who was responsible for some of the most popular graphite shafts ever put into production. Their mission to this point, despite
the sometimes bumpy path taken, has remained simple with an emphasis that golf shafts don’t have to be expensive. But, companies must always keep a keen eye on their horizons and with the boom in popularity of fitting studios across the world, they have created the “Xclusiv” line of shafts featuring tighter tolerances, better finishes, and the highest quality materials to try and get a foot into those markets.

Continue reading...

• Staff
The Mystic design especially at 44g clearly wasn’t the best fit for me personally and it showed, but, this is very much something that I could see appealing to the bigger demographic as opposed to the Avalon for the smaller group of stronger swingers.

Good job trying to review a shaft that clearly wasn't a fit. It would be good to see this in the hands of someone with a driver SS in the upper 80s to low 90s.

• Staff
Good job trying to review a shaft that clearly wasn't a fit. It would be good to see this in the hands of someone with a driver SS in the upper 80s to low 90s.
Thank you. ‘Tis the name of the game sometimes, part of what keeps the job fresh haha! ;)

I’ve got some guys around here I’m going to get to try it when we can get back to the courses.

• Staff
I’d also like to add, the finish is impeccable in the light, I mean drop dead gorgeous.

Great review. I like the fact that you're honest in saying that the shaft isn't for you but that it performed as it was designed and you're going to continue testing. Good stuff!

• Staff
Great review. I like the fact that you're honest in saying that the shaft isn't for you but that it performed as it was designed and you're going to continue testing. Good stuff!
Thank you!

It’s part of the job, sometimes things just don’t fit personally, but a GOOD writer can still see the fact that it will definitely fit someone!

It is definitely a good looking shaft but like you I don’t think it would work for me personally

• Staff
It is definitely a good looking shaft but like you I don’t think it would work for me personally
We are just part of the smaller margin of the bell curve my friend. :p

I want it. I’ve never been fitted but I want it. I want my ball to go further.

I didn't have luck with the Mystic but the Avalon was AWESOME. And now I've got my hands on the new Pheonix 6 regular flex (stiff is tour stiff) which is 90-100 mph ss and it's so far the best shaft I've evr used. Better then the Oban Devotion I tried.

Aesthetically looks , very appealing .
Fully understand the circumstances , and being authentic in appraisal of supplied equipment … Not everything will be fabulous and not particularly so when not fitted to individual.

Is this @Jman you are hitting the regular flex Phoenix?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Two posts up it says OP but no name.

It’s a post from a guest on his experience

Hmmmm.

Tapatalk is a horrible app that will be going away on this website. You are missing features such as two way communication from article readers. It’s why coming soon tapatalk will be removed from THP

Just went to visit xcaliber website. It's down with note saying under new management. Hmmm

Just went to visit xcaliber website. It's down with note saying under new management. Hmmm
Not really..... Robin is still running it. He just hired some sort of managers to run advertising and shipping. So not the real changes that need to be made.

Did they ever announce pricing? The whole pricing will be set by the shop doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Did they ever announce pricing? The whole pricing will be set by the shop doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.
That BS has long been gone. It was a ridiculous idea from the get go. When the site gest back up and running prices are listed for every shaft.

Back