Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Agree with both of you. The hybrids are just great. I have even (implausibly) entertained replacing my new Standard Mavrik 4w with a 2h. I just hit the hybrids so cleanly with little effort or adjustment to my swing. When I switch to my 4w I just have to be conscious that I'm hitting a wood and not the hybrids. After a couple of swings on the range, the fairway wood is great. But with the hybrids, no warm-up swings are necessary. It's really point and shoot.

I may need to trade my SZ 4wd in for a standard or just stick with my EF 3wd after how well I was recently hitting my EF.

I may need to trade my SZ 4wd in for a standard or just stick with my EF 3wd after how well I was recently hitting my EF.
Next time we play I will bring the Standard 3w for you to try.

I had a really hard decision on standard 3w at 15* or the max 3 plus at 13.5*. I hit both in the 15* and I liked the shot shape w the max as the fairway wood is the last club in my bag I hit a damn fade with. I simply hit the standard better due to better launch and spin. The max launched too high for me. I strongly considered a blind order of the max 3+ but went safe and ordered the standard

Hello fellow golfers. Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion. After plenty of testing, I ended up ordering a Mavrik SZ 3 and 5 wood. The standard mavrik sat too high off the grass, I couldn't it very well. It was great off the tee. The SZ was much easier to hit off a tighter lie. Also, the standard head went left on me, I can't play that. I am putting in my own shaft in both of these. Excited for next week to get these.

First time out with the Mav HW after swapping shafts. The Elements Chrome + unlocked something with this one. I had a few shots where this club was needed and it delivered. Previously with the Tour AD-DI it was a little too much shaft for me to load and now the HW is back to being old reliable. It’s making par5’s almost a guaranteed par and is making birdie chances more common.

F3 or F4 flex ?
I’m going to try the Flash HW this season. Prefer the Mav Max but can’t stomach $300 for a club I might only hit a couple times per round. Maybe next year or perhaps a used one

Last edited:
Hit my standard 3W some today at the end of a range session and it proved once again why I love it. It's just so easy to hit. I can be fresh as a daisy or completely nuked, and I can lift and carry that thing from any lie with any shaft I own. I never hit the max, but the standard and SZs are just pure gold imo.

Prefer the Mav Max but can’t stomach $300 for a club I might only hit a couple times per round.

I completely understand the sentiment, and it's easy for me to say "get it!", since mine was given to me. That being said, I've found myself almost looking for situations to hit my various fairways, just because I like them so much, even if it may not usually warrant. ;)

You can wait until the Mavrik line comes to Callaway Pre Owned and then get it at a great deal

You can wait until the Mavrik line comes to Callaway Pre Owned and then get it at a great deal
They are already coming up at around $230 for ‘nearly new’ condition on pre-owned websites in the UK.

This one is going to be in the bag this season

551569AC-1781-489D-8D08-F1F251920CB3.jpeg

E7A600E4-6B30-4DF8-B8C7-EB1B4CB8E553.jpeg

My OG one is still stalking it, and I love the lethality of that one off the tee on tight par 4’s, but this is just....hot as heck. Speeds are wild. Launch is wild. Sheer filthy distance is wild.

In a separate thread I am discussing what Hybrid to get. Those that are hitting the Mavrik Hybrid, what are your guys thoughts thus far? And would you look to get the Super Hybrid instead? Thanks in advance.

In a separate thread I am discussing what Hybrid to get. Those that are hitting the Mavrik Hybrid, what are your guys thoughts thus far? And would you look to get the Super Hybrid instead? Thanks in advance.

THere are TONS of reviews on the MAV hybrid in this thread. I would read through as THPers have had it in their bag since December.
SUper Hybrid is a very different animal. Fade biased, very low spin.

The Mav (std) is one of the most complete hybrids out there. The SH, though loved by some here vehemently, is a specialty hybrid aimed at a small segment with its super fade bias and low low low spin. For me, I can’t elevate that thing as I’m not a big spin generator. Put the Mav in my hands though and I can encroach on fairway ball speeds.

THere are TONS of reviews on the MAV hybrid in this thread. I would read through as THPers have had it in their bag since December.
SUper Hybrid is a very different animal. Fade biased, very low spin.

Cool, thanks @JB. Let the studying/review begin!

The Mav (std) is one of the most complete hybrids out there. The SH, though loved by some here vehemently, is a specialty hybrid aimed at a small segment with its super fade bias and low low low spin. For me, I can’t elevate that thing as I’m not a big spin generator. Put the Mav in my hands though and I can encroach on fairway ball speeds.

Great feedback, thanks as always @Jman!

Great feedback, thanks as always @Jman!
Now. I don’t want to short change the SH, if you’re one who spins it a lot and NEEDS all the fade bias you can get, it’s a weapon. It’s why some like Canadan get on with it SO well.

Me as a mortal though, I’m glad my blind order of one got backordered and eventually cancelled. Plus, the Mav hybrid, in my opinion, is the most under the radar club of the whole Mav lineup.

Now. I don’t want to short change the SH, if you’re one who spins it a lot and NEEDS all the fade bias you can get, it’s a weapon. It’s why some like Canadan get on with it SO well.

Me as a mortal though, I’m glad my blind order of one got backordered and eventually cancelled. Plus, the Mav hybrid, in my opinion, is the most under the radar club of the whole Mav lineup.

I definitely spin it a lot with my Irons, but I am not sure with my Hybrid... I think the Mav and the SH will both be included in my testing period.

I definitely spin it a lot with my Irons, but I am not sure with my Hybrid... I think the Mav and the SH will both be included in my testing period.
Never ever ever hurts to try something, it’s the only way to ever truly know what works and what doesn’t!

Never ever ever hurts to try something, it’s the only way to ever truly know what works and what doesn’t!

That's the trend, and one thing I have learned from the THP community. Most don't buy clubs blind because they look cool or are all in on the marketing of its features and benefits. The demo period is going to be fun for me trying tons of different sticks!

That's the trend, and one thing I have learned from the THP community. Most don't buy clubs blind because they look cool or are all in on the marketing of its features and benefits. The demo period is going to be fun for me trying tons of different sticks!

Demo time is ALWAYS a good time.

Demo time is ALWAYS a good time.

It is like going on official D1 visits where you are getting wined and dined, but there can only be one. Also, the golf stores will not provide wine or food... But maybe I will bring some :ROFLMAO:

It is like going on official D1 visits where you are getting wined and dined, but there can only be one. Also, the golf stores will not provide wine or food... But maybe I will bring some :ROFLMAO:
This is awesome hahaha

On a different note since I rarely post here, how do I see everyones signature as far as what's in their bag?

On a different note since I rarely post here, how do I see everyones signature as far as what's in their bag?
You will only see it if they have it displayed.

Back