Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

F3 or F4 flex ?
I’m going to try the Flash HW this season. Prefer the Mav Max but can’t stomach $300 for a club I might only hit a couple times per round. Maybe next year or perhaps a used one
Since you are a TE guy, I would demo the EXS 220 Fairways. Hot, hot, hot and kept up with Mavrik for me.

This one is going to be in the bag this season

View attachment 8935364

View attachment 8935365

My OG one is still stalking it, and I love the lethality of that one off the tee on tight par 4’s, but this is just....hot as heck. Speeds are wild. Launch is wild. Sheer filthy distance is wild.
I know they're really two different animals. But, I've heard some great things about the Mav Max 3+ as a tee option. I haven't hit the OG One, but I imagine it would be difficult for most to hit off the deck. I like the idea of a more traditional fairway that has a better chance off the deck, but still a monster off the tee.

How far apart do you find the two clubs when hitting them off the tee?

Since you are a TE guy, I would demo the EXS 220 Fairways. Hot, hot, hot and kept up with Mavrik for me.

I’m sure they hold up to anything out there.

before Covid hit My local shop got them in but only had the 3w. I deloft so much that I struggle any more with even a 5w. Would love to try the 5w and or the 7w. Also would love to hit the hybrids too since I’m more of a hybrid guy. Shape on those look great and I think the KBS graphite shaft looks pretty stellar together.

I know they're really two different animals. But, I've heard some great things about the Mav Max 3+ as a tee option. I haven't hit the OG One, but I imagine it would be difficult for most to hit off the deck. I like the idea of a more traditional fairway that has a better chance off the deck, but still a monster off the tee.

How far apart do you find the two clubs when hitting them off the tee?
Eh, I’m one who can pound the OG off the deck, but yes, the 3+ is much easier.

They’re about 5 yards apart

Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.....

I’m sure they hold up to anything out there.

before Covid hit My local shop got them in but only had the 3w. I deloft so much that I struggle any more with even a 5w. Would love to try the 5w and or the 7w. Also would love to hit the hybrids too since I’m more of a hybrid guy. Shape on those look great and I think the KBS graphite shaft looks pretty stellar together.

Off topic, sorry, but I've owned many Callaway hybrids, but thought the EX10 were the best designed look of all hybrids, but you needed the right shaft. The EXS 220 19 deg Hybrid that I demoed was a monster with distance. They took the EX10 look and made it longer from face to back - still attractive - and it got up in air on the sim -- it will probably take place of my 5 wd.

I did demo the Mavrik - similar in look to Rogue with AI design - if other Callaways worked for you, this will work.

Also demoed Mavrik fairway and it was impressive in distance and feel - tough to choose between it and EXS 220 - similar, but did not get it out on course like Jman.

If it were not for the lockdown ... I would have tried them both in demo days outside by now. Darn...

Really liking the shape of the pro hybrids. Going to have to get fitted for one or two when golf is allowed again. Sounds like the standard performance is awesome, it's just not appealing to my eye.

Last edited:
In a separate thread I am discussing what Hybrid to get. Those that are hitting the Mavrik Hybrid, what are your guys thoughts thus far? And would you look to get the Super Hybrid instead? Thanks in advance.
I can't say enough good things about the Mav Pro hybrid. I've also demoed the Standard. Ultimately chose the Pro, which was longer for me and high enough. The Standard is awesome too. I was fit for the 4h during my club fitting, but I ended up grabbing a 3h as well. Easiest club to hit in my bag by far. Can hit it off the deck, from the rough or from the tee. I even contemplated swapping my Standard Mav 4w for the 2h, but I've been hitting the 4w pretty well the last week. These hybrids are nasty. I hit the EXS 220 hybrid as well, the Mav Pro was just easier to hit for my swing.

Last edited:
I can't say enough good things about the Mav Pro hybrid. I've also demoed the Standard. Ultimately chose the Pro, which was longer for me and high enough. The Standard is awesome too. I was fit for the 4h during my club fitting, but I ended up grabbing a 3h as well. Easiest club to hit in my bag by far. Can hit it off the deck, from the rough or from the tee. I even contemplated swapping my Standard Mav 4w for the 2h, but I've been hitting the 4w pretty well the last week. These hybrids are nasty. I hit the EXS 220 hybrid as well, the Mav Pro was just easier to hit for my swing.

Awesome @VictorValiant, thanks for the input. Will keep my eye on the Mav Pro and add that to the demo list. EXS 220 is on my list as well 🤙

So I'm really loving my Mavrik Max fwy woods, especially the 5w. If I can get my 3w to cooperate like it, it's going to be a great year this year! I'm hitting the 5w more and more as I get more comfortable with them. Straight 🚀🚀🚀. Hitting the 5w on avg 220-230 and straight. Haven't hit fwy woods straight in a hit minute!

I was lucky enough to play golf yesterday. I had several times where the Mav Max HW was used and I never thought I would say this, but this one is longer than I expected, in a good way. Typically with this club I am aiming for the front of the green and let the ball roll a little, but yesterday I am not sure if it was my swing or what, but each time I hit this one, it went straight and far. Twice it flew the green which isn't ideal, but it's nice to know the fire power is there when needed.

Mav Max 5W on its way to Chicopee. Looking forward to getting this one into the bag

I'm hitting the Mav Standard 5W further (and far more consistently) than I hit my old 3W. Not even sure I'm going to have a 3W in the bag this year, I may just stick with D -> 5W -> 5H. The Mav 5H is great also, but it hits further than my old 5H and leaves a yardage gap in my bag between the 6i and 5H. I just ordered a Mavrik 5i to fill the gap.

Will keep my eye on the Mav Pro and add that to the demo list

Yes. Do. It's probably been a bit since I've raved about the Pro hybrid in this thread, but it is beyond stellar. One of the best clubs I've ever hit.

So I'm really loving my Mavrik Max fwy woods, especially the 5w. If I can get my 3w to cooperate like it, it's going to be a great year this year! I'm hitting the 5w more and more as I get more comfortable with them. Straight 🚀🚀🚀. Hitting the 5w on avg 220-230 and straight. Haven't hit fwy woods straight in a hit minute!

the max 5w is full on cheat mode.

i’m getting out tomorrow for the first time in awhile. these will get some action!

the max 5w is full on cheat mode.
I'm amazed by the distance too with the height I'm hitting the ball. In love with this 5w.

My Marvik 3 wood might just be the easiest 3 wood to hit off the deck of all the 3 woods I’ve owned. It’s giving more height, distance and accuracy than I expected from it when I put it in the bag. And the more I used my hybrid, the more point and shoot it’s becoming.

Putting the 3+ back in the bag for tomorrows round.

i didn’t have the best day with these. i hit some good shots off the tee they were a little off line and found trouble. highlight was hitting a par 5 in two with the magical max 5w from the rough, ball above my feet, all carry. hit it on the toe, but went a mile in the air and hit the green. as great as the max fairways are - and they’re great - i still find myself wishing they were smaller.

Screenshot_20200418-154805_TheGrint.jpg

Put that 239 shot to 6.5' for eagle yesterday with the Pro 2H.

Did I mention I really like that club?

I feel like more people should look into the pro hybrids if they don't like the shape of the others.

Hey guys, new here but my question is would the 3+ Max be a good option for a guy that just doesn't love looking down at the big head drivers? 95 club head speed. I've hit TM Original One and the Ping G Stretch in the past with better or same distance as any driver I've ever had. Thx!

Welcome to THP! I think the Mavrik Max 3+ would be a great driver option.

Mavrik or max hybrid similar to steelhead Xr or the Xr I’ve hit the rogue and x there fine just something feel wise to me. Mavrik max is bigger little different lofts seem to be about the only difference thanks as always

Hey guys, new here but my question is would the 3+ Max be a good option for a guy that just doesn't love looking down at the big head drivers? 95 club head speed. I've hit TM Original One and the Ping G Stretch in the past with better or same distance as any driver I've ever had. Thx!

100% yes. It’s a bomber. And quite forgiving for a fairway wood.

Back