2020 Better You Fitness Thread

If I can make it happen, I’d like to start a home workout every morning of the quarantine. I can’t go do anything crazy but I’m going to start looking for good options online

after getting cleared by my doctor, I started back on the treadmill...was 228 before my surgery back in Jan...245 right now 😑😢...i'll stay on the treadmill a couple more weeks then get out on the road...if COVID19 hasn't ruined that for me as well by then.

If I can make it happen, I’d like to start a home workout every morning of the quarantine. I can’t go do anything crazy but I’m going to start looking for good options online
I have a weight set at home, but have really enjoyed the resistance bands and slam ball workouts. They dont take a lot of time and you can find many workouts tailored for golfers on youtube.

You have to pay attention to delivery dates because some seem to me months away.

Well Im back. With all the at home time getting back to working out is a great thing to do. I also noticed my game was suffering from not doing them.

Well Im back. With all the at home time getting back to working out is a great thing to do. I also noticed my game was suffering from not doing them.
Glad you're back in here! Been too long.

I'm embarrassed to say that over this last month I have almost completely ignored being healthy. I have eaten in an unhealthy way, I eat more than I need more often than I need to. I have also consumed a lot of alcohol. I am just about to an all time high weight.

I have decided to give Noom a try. Over the last few days I have been walking a lot, I got my mountain bike out and went for a short ride, yesterday I started with a simple workout plan from Noom, this involved light dumbbells, I'm actually sore from the squats and lunges.

Hopefully I'm back on track, I'm gonna severely limit the beer and booze for a while!
Here's the link to the dumbbell workout I've been doing.

Does taking the kids fishing count as a workout? I'm exhausted but it was worth it.

Does taking the kids fishing count as a workout? I'm exhausted but it was worth it.
Fishing for me is usually good for my mental health, so I'd say it counts as part of getting to a better you when looking at the whole picture!

Great work out this morning followed by a 2.5 mile fast walk with the dogs. You wanna talk about accountability? The dogs are relentless about their exercise. By 1030 they are about to chew my leg off if they dont get to get out and walk.

I just finished a high intensity cardio workout. I was supposed to jump rope for 15 minutes, 30 seconds of jumping followed by 30 seconds of rest. No way could I keep that peace! I did the best I could, my heart rate was really going!

My workout was followed by some yoga stretches, I am very very inflexible!

I just finished a high intensity cardio workout. I was supposed to jump rope for 15 minutes, 30 seconds of jumping followed by 30 seconds of rest. No way could I keep that peace! I did the best I could, my heart rate was really going!

My workout was followed by some yoga stretches, I am very very inflexible!
If you keep you'll get there!

Yoga has been great for me. I've been doing it for few months now and its definitely helped. Took a while, as I was very inflexible as well.

Great work out this morning followed by a 2.5 mile fast walk with the dogs. You wanna talk about accountability? The dogs are relentless about their exercise. By 1030 they are about to chew my leg off if they dont get to get out and walk.
Sounds like you have some goodcwirkout buddies then!

Sounds like you have some goodcwirkout buddies then!
Guess it depends on how you look at it. Quite honestly they are a couple of terrorists. Cute terrorists but terrorists none the same. 75CEB0F9-188F-42BF-99BB-1D72F6BBD3EE.jpeg

Hit a bunch of balls in the garage tonight. Need to get back to lifting more consistently

If you keep you'll get there!

Yoga has been great for me. I've been doing it for few months now and its definitely helped. Took a while, as I was very inflexible as well.

Are you doing a specific routine? I have been thinking of starting (literally never done yoga in my life), figure it will help with my flexibility for the game.

Are you doing a specific routine? I have been thinking of starting (literally never done yoga in my life), figure it will help with my flexibility for the game.
My wife and I started with YouTube videos. Specifically we used SaraBethYoga. She has a lot of beginner videos for you to start off in. That's where I started, and I've been progressing from there. Give those a shot!

It feels like a workout when my 3 nephews show up every summer for a week. They are ages, 5,7, and 12 and it’s all I can do to keep up with them and prevent a hook in someone’s eye when all fishing from the same boat.

With no golf courses open here anytime soon, I’m going to take up fishing again as soon as the ice is out hopefully in a week or less.

My wife and I started with YouTube videos. Specifically we used SaraBethYoga. She has a lot of beginner videos for you to start off in. That's where I started, and I've been progressing from there. Give those a shot!
Thank you. I'll look those up today (y)

Continuing with the dog walks morning and evening. No access to weights with the gyms all closed.

Continuing with the dog walks morning and evening. No access to weights with the gyms all closed.
If you’re interested there is lots of good stuff on YouTube that don’t require weights.

Core, legs and cardio done. Think I may start doing 2 workouts a day while stuck at home. Think I’ll try that today and see how I feel after.

Back