Indoor Setups: What’s Yours?

Spent far too long getting my GC2 setup on my indoor stabilized and level, as well as aligning the whole thing to get rid of the constant left miss I’m seeing. Alignment sticks for the save.

My setup is in the garage and the only rule is I need to move my wife’s car back in when I’m done. So I’m constantly breaking it down and setting back up. I just need to mark the floor to eliminate alignment issues.

20200407_211954.jpg

My garage setup now. Laptop is now loaded with FSX and almost 20 courses.

Moved mine outside, hopefully still there in the morning, not the best footing but beggars can’t be choosers
2fd0cb1dc6c66258d8699bb8d819dcc5.jpg

Hopefully the ES14 will pick up enough to get some decent testing going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved mine outside, hopefully still there in the morning, not the best footing but beggars can’t be choosers

Hopefully the ES14 will pick up enough to get some decent testing going

Be careful, if you hit one off the rocks it will come back HOT!

Dave

This is kiwi ingenuity(or pre-packaged death) at its best, look at bungy jumping for example

I do practice putting on the carpet. That's about it for me indoors.

Also by adjusting the hydraulic stabilizers on the RV, i can practice breaking putts.

I just ordered a new putting surface, should be here this week. I currently have one of the cheap ones where you're putting uphill and returns the ball. I do chip a little into my net, nothing fancy though.

This is all new to me. Now I know how you guys survive the winters where you live. Now that we're starting week 4 of at least 8 of shelter in place, I'm setting something up on the cheap. I've got a net, foam balls, and a two-tear hitting station that should arrive tomorrow. I'm going to pair this stuff up with my Swing Caddie launch monitor and some high quality putting green synthetic grass that I have.

No pictures yet. But if you have any tips for the newbie I appreciate it.

How do you like the putting Matt? I’ve been looking for one for my house

I haven’t played enough to test it’s viability on the course. If I could do it again I’d just pony up the cash and get something like a Big Moss. But I will say that I like the mapping on the mat and I do think it has helped with my tempo. I’ve got a Puttout mirror on there now and I’m feeling much better about my putting.

I haven’t played enough to test it’s viability on the course. If I could do it again I’d just pony up the cash and get something like a Big Moss. But I will say that I like the mapping on the mat and I do think it has helped with my tempo. I’ve got a Puttout mirror on there now and I’m feeling much better about my putting.
Good Grand Daddy practice methinks!

Good Grand Daddy practice methinks!
I think it’s got me on the right path. Now I just need to figure out how to get to the green in a reasonable number of strokes!

H

🆒
How much do you think this has set you back, all in, for equipment and software?

Including all of the courses I believe my setup is roughly 9k so far.

That is not including the laptop which was an old computer I had laying around.

Thanks. I just purchased a well Putt Matt along with a pressure putt out. Hopefully will be here next week

Matt just arrived. Will be setting up shortly

C8B2B234-85A4-4FCA-9865-F86BC92AE4B3.jpeg

What's your ceiling height for those of you with indoor setups? My garage is vaulted, but I have a few beams that worry me.

Had to take it outdoors under our carport. Maybe not it’s final resting place but happy just to be able to hit balls finally. This 5sar Golf Matt is awesome. Accepts real wood tees. They did have a note in the packaging saying the golf ball tray that is included with purchase will be delayed 2-4 weeks because of Covid-19 and supply delays. Bummer, but I totally understand and it was cool of them to even have a note for that.

2B3CCB19-7E41-4E58-ABDE-B2BD6334552E.jpeg

Ok...I'm skimming. What is the consensus on putting mats? Top 2 or 3?

Had to take it outdoors under our carport. Maybe not it’s final resting place but happy just to be able to hit balls finally. This 5sar Golf Matt is awesome. Accepts real wood tees. They did have a note in the packaging saying the golf ball tray that is included with purchase will be delayed 2-4 weeks because of Covid-19 and supply delays. Bummer, but I totally understand and it was cool of them to even have a note for that.

View attachment 8936570

Glad you like it. Loving mine so far. The ability to use regular tees was a key thing for me. Now you can move it around to change wear patterns, do your own tee heights and don't have to worry about breaking one of the rubber ones.

Glad you like it. Loving mine so far. The ability to use regular tees was a key thing for me. Now you can move it around to change wear patterns, do your own tee heights and don't have to worry about breaking one of the rubber ones.

yeah that was key for me too. It’s actually super easy to move around as well if I need to relocate it to a different location. Did you get the ball tray with your order?

well courses here are not shut down until the 29th. My setup isn't indoors, but my outdoor setup is about to get ready.

Back