Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Fairway Wood Review

Lovin' the write up @Jman - Thinking about this or a CPO Epic Flash for a replacement 3w - any comparison between the two?
Crazy enough, the Flash is one fairway I never hit last year. Wild, I know. Haha

I'm still laughing that Tour Edge nailed the whole players want to play a 3 wood with having 3 lofts all named 3 wood.

I think the head looks great and if the CBX119 is still in the line up they have 2 solid products in the better players category.

I’m honestly a little surprised that the 15 isn’t offered in LH.

Great write up, love the technology that goes into these clubs.

I do believe the 15 is in LH. @Scorpion12
1586917157187.png

just out of curiosity what kind of swing speed did you have that produced the 233 yards?
nice write up!

From the article:
Ball Speed – 151.3, Launch Angle – 12.1, Spin – 4,121 RPM, Peak – 34 Yards, Carry – 233 Yards.

With a 151.3 ballspeed If you apply a normalish smash factor of 1.40-1.45 with a fairway wood (Jman I’m sure is a stick) you’d be looking around 104-108mph swing speed ballpark.

From the article:
Ball Speed – 151.3, Launch Angle – 12.1, Spin – 4,121 RPM, Peak – 34 Yards, Carry – 233 Yards.

With a 151.3 ballspeed If you apply a normalish smash factor of 1.40-1.45 with a fairway wood (Jman I’m sure is a stick) you’d be looking around 104-108mph swing speed ballpark.
How did you figure that?

How did you figure that?

ball speed divided by swing speed = smash factor.

typical smash on a decent strike with a fairway wood is somewhere in that 1.40-1.45 range.
So Divide the ball speed by 1.40 = swing speed.

For me...no doubt on these....

View attachment 8936501

View attachment 8937450
@TrapGodEvan thanks for checking! I keep trying to access the Tour Edge site from work but can't get there from here... my work network really really really sucks. 4 3w options and 1 is in lefty. I'll need to check that out when everything opens back up.

View attachment 8937450

I was looking at this thread, and then went to the tour edge website. I notice that there is an option for a ventus 4T core shaft. I was curious so I did some digging. Turns out this is another ventus variant. Where the read deal has 70 ton pitch fiber as its velocore. This one has 40 ton. So still has the velocore, but it is lighter weight.

I just though that was interesting.

May or may not have reshafted this one wit a 75g F5 LINQ purple today....

May or may not have reshafted this one wit a 75g F5 LINQ purple today....
Absolute bomber! Might be better than SZ and purple Lin-Q

78EC4C03-A66B-4904-BF18-2C53F524450A.jpeg

So yeah. We have something here now.

And I’ve confirmed again the Yellow is just not a good shaft setup for me.

I hit four freaking missiles with the LINQ Purple setup today. I’m thinking the incoming SIM had better take its vitamins and say it’s prayers.

So yeah. We have something here now.

And I’ve confirmed again the Yellow is just not a good shaft setup for me.

I hit four freaking missiles with the LINQ Purple setup today. I’m thinking the incoming SIM had better take its vitamins and say it’s prayers.

220 advances in the TXG fairway bracket over the 410 LST 👀

More interesting, they saw what I reported in my review time with it, the spin from tee and deck stayed similar, and off the tee it does spin a bit more than several out there, but it’s dead consistent in it while also cranking out as much ballspeed as anything out there.

More interesting, they saw what I reported in my review time with it, the spin from tee and deck stayed similar, and off the tee it does spin a bit more than several out there, but it’s dead consistent in it while also cranking out as much ballspeed as anything out there.
Still in the bag?!

Nope. For what I want in that spot, I need to hit the Pro.
I’ll take that as a basically still in the bag because it’s still a 220, but you are a pro. That speaks volumes to me.

I’ll take that as a basically still in the bag because it’s still a 220, but you are a pro. That speaks volumes to me.
I’ll have a Pro head here to compare it to the 220 tomorrow I believe.

Haha I just watched that video... awesome and seems like those guys at TXG are loving the Tour Edge quality on items!

Need to find one to test.

I’ll have a Pro head here to compare it to the 220 tomorrow I believe.
They are making some great stuff. I want to hit and hear these things. My 3 wood is due for a change.

Back