Review Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoe Review

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
A major trend in golf shoes today is lighter, athletic shoe designs. Frequently such design choices come at the expense of stability and traction but increase comfort and aesthetics. Not every company is headed in this direction however, including the impressive start-up Sqairz. In a world of companies eager to say “me too” with product offerings, Sqairz is different. Different by design.

Continue reading...

Nice write up, thanks for the review.
I gotta admit I will sacrifice some comfort for looks.
These look like work boots though.
What I can’t understand is, square toe dress shoes weren’t taken seriously and did not see much fashion in them why a golf shoe? Comfort.. I know.

Solid write up there Gary. Enjoyed it, especially the shot across the bow there hahaha

How did the shoe hold up and clean up if they got dirty? Wipe away easy, or did you have to almost take a magic eraser to it?

Solid write up there Gary. Enjoyed it, especially the shot across the bow there hahaha

How did the shoe hold up and clean up if they got dirty? Wipe away easy, or did you have to almost take a magic eraser to it?
Easy wipe down so far but the scuffs show and don’t really come out. I had to retake a few photos to hide them. The post-wet round results are still TBD (thanks Coronies).

Great write up on these. I am becoming more & more intrigued by the design & use of soft spike placement. Honestly for me I think these look pretty good.

Nice write up, thanks for the review.
I gotta admit I will sacrifice some comfort for looks.
These look like work boots though.
What I can’t understand is, square toe dress shoes weren’t taken seriously and did not see much fashion in them why a golf shoe? Comfort.. I know.
Yeah, I get it completely. Orthotic shoes are comfortable but look terrible so they aren’t for everyone.

Great write up on these. I am becoming more & more intrigued by the design & use of soft spike placement. Honestly for me I think these look pretty good.
The white and red look pretty good to my eye. @Canadan and @HipCheck took some great shots of those

Nice write up - were they comfortable for walking a round? How do they do with morning dew / waterproof?

Nice write up @Molten. Really cannot get past the look here. I will sacrifice comfort and grip and stick to some good looking shoes.

Nice write up - were they comfortable for walking a round? How do they do with morning dew / waterproof?

Super comfy.
And definitely waterproof.

I will add that I’m not enamored with the square toe as a training aid while swinging. It requires one more thing to think about and I’m trying to actively free my mind out there but there is definitely merit to the theory and it does work in practice.

Super comfortable. @JB says very waterproof. I’m still waiting on a wet round to test it out but they have a 2 year waterproof warranty so I’d expect it is good.

Super comfortable. @JB says very waterproof. I’m still waiting on a wet round to test it out but they have a 2 year waterproof warranty so I’d expect it is good.
Those are the 2 most important characteristics for me when looking for a golf shoe. Stability is probably next on the list. Style is low on my list so I may actually look at these!

Those are the 2 most important characteristics for me when looking for a golf shoe. Stability is probably next on the list. Style is low on my list so I may actually look at these!
They are worth a look in that case and the price already came down from launch. These check a LOT of boxes on what to do right when designing a shoe. Mostly just the actually design that is going to be an issue for some.

Very nice article Gary, thank you for that.

I’m one who still isn’t sold, mainly because of looks. But, they seem a viable option for many

Great review, I bet these guys make it. Too much design and leadership firepower. They will get shelf space which is whats this is all about. Then they have to get it on peple's feet.Hopefully they have good POS items.
I would be intersted in any shoe review as to the quality of the removable insoles. Do they provide added support and cushioning. It can make a difference or they can just be something to put your foot on.

I'm going to leave you to confirm this one haha - I can make rain boots leak :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to leave you to confirm this one haha - I can make rain boots leak :ROFLMAO:
Lucky for the community my course can somehow be wet in a week of 90+ temps. Should not be hard to figure out one spring progresses

Great review, I bet these guys make it. Too much design and leadership firepower. They will get shelf space which is whats this is all about. Then they have to get it on peple's feet.Hopefully they have good POS items.
I would be intersted in any shoe review as to the quality of the removable insoles. Do they provide added support and cushioning. It can make a difference or they can just be something to put your foot on.
These insoles look like two parts fused together, with a different feel under the heel. Supportive to a point with some arch support but they will disappoint anyone who wants the feel of a moldable orthotic.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the insole better than the norm. It would seem the shoe will accept an orthotic if the player needs it. Thanks again

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the insole better than the norm. It would seem the shoe will accept an orthotic if the player needs it. Thanks again
Yeah, I haven’t tried to insert an orthotic because I don’t use them (and a few other reasons) but the additional space from the design all but guarantees they would fit

Pick up a pair of the 20/20 and love the feel. I may be in the minority, but I also like the look. The heel is a little high and firm and can cause a little rub after a round, but that happens with many shoes. Hoping it will soften with a few more round. Not as comfortable with my Eccos but close with better traction.

I like them - as someone who has wide feet I like the toe box too. $200 is a pretty steep entry, though.

Fantastic write-up Gary.

Pictures were solid, still not sure how I feel about the looks. It’s not the square toe that bothers me. I think these have a lot of benefits, but the cost is meh compared to shoes I actually know I would wear.

The Sta-put laces though, those definitely have piqued my interest

Very solid, well written review, Gary (@Molten). Fun read!

Back