Food Delivery apps which one do you use?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday for the first time of this quarantine I decided to order out. I have never used a delivery service as I have heard horror stories and enjoy cooking most of the time but I hear people have had good experiences as well. I ended up going with Door Dash and my experience was good. App was great, food came quickly, the driver followed my instructions too. I get free delivery for 30 days even though they still charge fees it wasn't too bad. However I know there are many other food delivery apps (i.e. grubhub, postmates, etc.) do you use and what has been your experience? Just curious since I will likely be doing this again.

Never used one as I don't live where it's available. I did grow up where pizza hut delivered so I assume it's the same basic structure! I wish we could get delivery now though instead of going to pick stuff up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The fees are just too darn high for me to get behind. We have used all of them, and Uber Eats quite a bit and love the convenience, but man the fees are high.
Then on many places, when I compare menu prices, those are different too.

I’ve used DoorDash, Grubhub, and Uber Eats. No issues with any of them although you do earn rewards points with Uber, so that’s a plus.

I live in a location where grubhub, uber eats, etc....don't even function. So the only app I can use is to order food directly then pick it up in the drive through!!

DoorDash and Mealeo have been free delivery up here. Mealeo has been our go-to but mostly because of the restaurants they work with(including my favorite Mexican place. BTW contactless delivery hopefully is something that will stick around.

I live in a location where grubhub, uber eats, etc....don't even function. So the only app I can use is to order food directly then pick it up in the drive through!!
Same same!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The fees are just too darn high for me to get behind. We have used all of them, and Uber Eats quite a bit and love the convenience, but man the fees are high.
Then on many places, when I compare menu prices, those are different too.
I noticed the fee's after, they were about $4 and another $3 for delivery which I got for free this time. I tipped the driver well because I just didn't feel like going out. Do you know if the fees are standard or how they are based?

DoorDash and Mealeo have been free delivery up here. Mealeo has been our go-to but mostly because of the restaurants they work with(including my favorite Mexican place. BTW contactless delivery hopefully is something that will stick around.
I told the guy to leave it on the porch and ring the bell and he did just that. It was nice and convenient, I kind of liked it.

I won't use those apps due to the charges. I support several of our local establishments by ordering over the phone and then picking it up.

I told the guy to leave it on the porch and ring the bell and he did just that. It was nice and convenient, I kind of liked it.

less human interaction, the better. Always haha

This is what I'm talking about, I did this all on my phone using the app

I'm so into all that stuff. Even down to ordering cold cuts. I can place the order, walk into the store and they are waiting for me.

None of them because they are all a racket. I learned my lesson with Golf Now and other online booking sites that bilk the course ... I won't repeat that mistake with these ordering app's. I call direct and pick up myself. Most restaurants here have it down to a science now.

singularity is drawing nigh....
I held out for a long time but it was nice. Not something I'm going to do all the time but once in a while I can see it being convenient

I noticed the fee's after, they were about $4 and another $3 for delivery which I got for free this time. I tipped the driver well because I just didn't feel like going out. Do you know if the fees are standard or how they are based?

No they aren't standard and that is my issue. I have seen everything ranging from $3 to over $15 on fees and that doesn't include delivery (which there seems to always be a coupon for free). Compound that with the different menu prices, and I just can't do it anymore.

I'm close to a small town (single stoplight) and live too far out in the boonies for delivery to be anything but a faint memory of when I used to live in civilization. It would be nice... there are times when my wife has a craving for something and I really don't want to drive 30-45 minutes for food. Or Starbucks. A lot of times it's Starbucks. She really likes her Starbucks.:ROFLMAO:

We generally use Door Dash, but toggle between them looking for free delivery options and stuff.

Like others, the fees are silly. But, man, it is sooooo convenient when you want something other than the standard delivery options like pizza/chinese.

We have used Instacart for groceries and the fee for that hasn't been too bad. The only meal deliveries we have used are for pizza.

My wife loves ordering food delivery. She uses UberEats. I, on the other hand, agree with JB, the fees are not worth the wait. And you don't know what the driver is doing with your food on the ride over, ie. sipping your drink, eating some fries and so on. If it's close enough, I'll pick it up.

Friends and I usually use Favor. It is based out of Austin and available in about 50 cities in Texas. HEB grocery stores is the parent company so you can get favor to deliver groceries along with food. They usually have specials or certain restaurants with free or cheap delivery fees. You still pay a small service charge and tip. HEB was giving priority access to Favor drivers when there were lines at the stores so that they could get orders and get them delivered quickly.

doordash is far better than grub hub in my opinion

instacart is fantastic as i hate grocery shopping in general as it is. I may never go back to normal grocery shopping lol

Back