Review Two Thumb Putter Grip Review

For those who have used a Garmen grip, where you align your thumbs on each side of the grip, who would you compare and contrast the Two Thumbs grip?

I love the sentiment in the review suggesting that more options are a great thing.

Not my cup of tea, but I'm weird. I have no doubt this will provide people the hand positions they want!
Aww. You read. :love:

Hmm. I’ve got one of the smaller ones sitting on a Hogan putter here......anyone curious?

Very much so!

Very much so!
You’ve already got one my man! Haha

Thought for sure someone else would want to join in on some fun forum feedback.

I switched to the prayer grip from a traditional style (right hand low) grip where I kept my right index finger pointed down along the side of the grip. I will add, I am now keeping both index fingers pointed down along each side of the grip. I’m planning on going out again tomorrow morning, weather depending, and I’ll try and take some picks of how I am gripping the putter.

I am pointing the index fingers down each side also. I saw somewhere suggesting interlocking the remaining fingers on the back of the putter grip. I tried that and didn't really like it so I just put the 3 fingers from my left hand on the grip then lay the 3 from my right hand on top of those. I have always looked for ways to take the right hand out of my putting grip as much as possible and this pretty well does it.

You’ve already got one my man! Haha

Thought for sure someone else would want to join in on some fun forum feedback.

Oh, I thought you were just referring to getting some feedback from you on it. I am really glad that you sent me the heavy rubber one. Don't think I would be near as fond the the polyurethane wrap based on my dislike of other grips made like that.

For those who have used a Garmen grip, where you align your thumbs on each side of the grip, who would you compare and contrast the Two Thumbs grip?
If you’re talking about the Garsen, I haven’t used them. I just watched a review on them and while it is similar, it’s also totally different. The Two Thumbs it’s designed for both thumbs to be side by side and the flat front looks to be wider then the Garsen Max.

Oh, I thought you were just referring to getting some feedback from you on it. I am really glad that you sent me the heavy rubber one. Don't think I would be near as fond the the polyurethane wrap based on my dislike of other grips made like that.
It’s funny you say that because I feel the exact same way about this grip. Funny how it works out.

It’s funny you say that because I feel the exact same way about this grip. Funny how it works out.

Haha. I did just order a Flat Cat Tak (rubber instead of PU wrap on their regular grip) and interested to see how that compares. I will install it the same way as the Two Thumbs instead of with the longer flat parts parallel to the putter face. Not quite as wide as the Two Thumb (1.4" vs. 1.8" which wont be an issue for my smaller hands) and about half the weight.

Yes, as @billyh said, they are definitely different. I a Garsen several years ago and was not a fan of it. The Two Thumb is totally flat on the front and back of the grip and quite wide but not very deep (mine is about 1.8" wide and 1" deep). The garsen grips have a ridge running down the middle of the front of the grip for you to place your thumbs on either side of the ridge. When looking the the grip cap of both, the Garsen is pretty much round and the Two Thumb is very oblong.

I was able to make it out to the course today. It was drizzling and I was by myself so no pictures today. I have noticed that my putting has gotten better with 4 holes being one putts. The grip seems to be holding up quite nice and there are no signs of wear at all being taken out and put back in a five hole staff bag. It is still very tacky even when wet. I purposely got the grip wet and used it with no gloves to see if it affected feel and really couldn't tell much a difference. The only thing I've noticed with this thread is that I am tending to hit the ball on the up stroke of my swing causing me to hit the top of the ball with the lower portion of the putter. I put the ball back in my stance just a bit and it seems to be doing the trick with center face hits. Again, I don't know if this is a grip deal, or just getting used to a new grip and putter.

Thanks, @billyh and @Sox_Fan. Autocorrect struck again and changed Garsen to Garmin. LOL. I have a Garsen Max on a Piretti putter and quite like it and presumed that both designs are attempting to lock in your hand/wrist.

Pulled the Two Thumb grip from the new to me Indi Allison mallet putter today and put it on a blade that I had a good bit of previous experince with, the Ben Hogn BHB02. Always used a standard sized pistol grip on that putter previously. Wanted to test this grip with different heads. So far, just as happy with the performance of this grip with a blade as I was with the mallet.

I commented on it in the review article. They’re the ones I preferred personally.

I’ve been “two-thumb” putting for a few years now simply using the Flatso grip. I think my putting has been more consistent than before, but I haven’t been practicing near as much (or playing for that matter) so tough to tell.

These look really well engineered for my style of putting and have saved the link for when I change grips again. Thanks for the review JMan.

I’ll probably go with either the original or the lite, but excited to try these out.

I’m looking for a new grip on the putter. Can anyone post a pic of how you grip the putter with “two thumb”? @Jman @Sox_Fan
@billyh @Tenputt

I’m looking for a new grip on the putter. Can anyone post a pic of how you grip the putter with “two thumb”? @Jman @Sox_Fan
@billyh @Tenputt
I mentioned it in my article, but you can honestly grip all these grips with any style and be successful if it’s comfortable. In my testing I used them all.

I mentioned it in my article, but you can honestly grip all these grips with any style and be successful if it’s comfortable. In my testing I used them all.
I had read the article I was just curious as to what to do with ring and pinky fingers I’m guessing underlaping them or keeping straight for the praying hands, I’m thinking the pointer fingers down grip may work. I’m going to play with it a bit. 👍

I had read the article I was just curious as to what to do with ring and pinky fingers I’m guessing underlaping them or keeping straight for the praying hands, I’m thinking the pointer fingers down grip may work. I’m going to play with it a bit. 👍
I run my pointer fingers along the side and interlock the middle through pinky. It just feels more natural.

I run my pointer fingers along the side and interlock the middle through pinky. It just feels more natural.
Left or right hand forward?

Left or right hand forward?
I guess it would be considered right hand. From putter face to butt of the grip it would be right middle finger, left middle finger, right ring finger, left ring finger, right pinky, left pinky all interlocked. If I can get a third hand I’ll get a picture up tomorrow.

I played them with all grip types. My standard grip is near prayer with the fingers traditionally placed and NOT down the side. Also used their method, claw, LH low, and a couple others. It’s why I mention the versatility is more than just their technique.

@billyh @Tenputt

Not able to get a picture at this time but will explain my method. Both thumbs side by side on the front of the grip. Index fingers extended down the side of the grip. Middle 3 left fingers on the back of the grip and middle 3 right fingers laying on top of middle 3 left fingers. I saw a video or read something that talked about interlocking the middle 3 fingers from both hands on the back of the grip. I tried this but felt it was less comfortable to me than laying the fingers on top of each other like I described.

Back