PODCAST Off Course: Episode 3 – Costco Putter, Golf Opening and More

I would be very curious to know who is making the Ksig putter.

I tried the Ksig ball due to 1. all the hype and 2. it was cheap. I was not too impressed and dumped 2 dozen into a shag bag. It made a great practice ball.

For what is worth, you can still buy the Ksig ball. I can't remember the brand. But another company is using the same formula and selling them for $50/dzn..

Thanks for the shoutout @Canadan Michigan golf is not too bad having been only open for just a week now. Thankfully we don't have those NJ rules. We are still on 8-9 minute tee times. Also $1000/month :oops:

Great conversation so far guys!

Thanks for the shoutout @Canadan Michigan golf is not too bad having been only open for just a week now. Thankfully we don't have those NJ rules. We are still on 8-9 minute tee times. Also $1000/month :oops:

1k a month.... #NewJersey

I really really enjoyed this episode

great show guys!
potential quick topic from seeing last nights thread honma's gold 5k driver?
@Canadan @HipCheck

I would be very curious to know who is making the Ksig putter.

I tried the Ksig ball due to 1. all the hype and 2. it was cheap. I was not too impressed and dumped 2 dozen into a shag bag. It made a great practice ball.

For what is worth, you can still buy the Ksig ball. I can't remember the brand. But another company is using the same formula and selling them for $50/dzn..

I remember!!! it was pearl golf. I found their site and they are not even selling it anymore. But they were.

1588343580700.png

Right?! I know the course is nowhere near equivalent but I'm paying $12 for 18 today :ROFLMAO:

Hit one close to a raised cup. It did not 'dink' so had no argument about HIO, but......

I would absolutely buy Kirkland Small Batch bourbon.

The only kirkland alcohol I buy is the massive bottle of their "baileys" for weekend coffee and what not haha

Seriously good podcast here guys. Really enjoying the conversation. Hmm is @golfunfiltered mimicking Brady or Brooks?

For what it's worth, I think that argument is perfectly viable from a ball standpoint. If you're the type of player who doesn't concern themselves with consistency or technology, but just loves to play the game, I think it's a great option. My issue with Kirkland balls has ALWAYS been about the weird hype surrounding them.

Also, to the putter - it's not about what the club says, it's about the quality. Is it better to buy something with no R&D department, or head over to CallawayPreOwned (as an example) to buy an o-works red for 130 bucks? Or a brand new Cleveland Huntington Beach putter for 130.. Or a TaylorMade Ardmore over on Rock Bottom for 120... etc etc etc.

In this case, you're paying more for what I can only assume is less.
You may be proven correct. Hype is a weird thing.Hype made Ty Tryon a lot of money until they figured out he could'nt play up to the hype. I mentioned buying store brand foods to make that point. Kroger doesnt have R&D but their pasta is just fine for my taste and the quality is too. Not sure if this is a good example but quality, taste, value is all in the eye of the beholder. I buy last years......everything so I agree with your last point.

Last edited:
Exactly. As soon as a few golf bros get on the course and pound a couple Natty Lights, stuff's about to get REAL.

I know it's a small data point, but for the most part, I have noticed most being good about the distancing here.... although.... i did see the above mentioned scenario happen haha. Group of 8 bros drinking and there were a lot of high fives and what not going on....

I also mentioned another example of cringy behavior to Rob and dan on the ole twitter handle.

I guess I'll cross that off the list of places to move to haha

never ever need a reason to move there besides it's jersey....... told rob that first time I met him haha..... actually it could have been a "hey so where do you live again?"

Rob: "new jersey"

Me: Eww... Im sorry

Great listen guys! Not afraid to take on the hot topics in today’s golf. And props to @HipCheck for not breaking anything or getting bleeped during the Jersey covidian law segment.

Just for the banter.....

Why does the logic to not try/buy the Kirkland putter any different from that of the Kirkland bourbon, cookies etc..?

We don't know the tech, R&D and QC that went into the Kirkland bourbon, yet it seems ok to try/buy it? Even further still, the alcohol and cookies are being ingested, yet little is known about the quality. Luckily we are not eating the putter....unless someone loses a rough bet.

Not trying to ruffle feathers. I'm not buying the putter or any Costco products for that matter, as I'm not a member.

Just for the banter.....

Why does the logic to not try/buy the Kirkland putter any different from that of the Kirkland bourbon, cookies etc..?

We don't know the tech, R&D and QC that went into the Kirkland bourbon, yet it seems ok to try/buy it? Even further still, the alcohol and cookies are being ingested, yet little is known about the quality. Luckily we are not eating the putter....unless someone loses a rough bet.

Not trying to ruffle feathers. I'm not buying the putter or any Costco products for that matter, as I'm not a member.
I'm on team #HasNeverTriedKirklandBourbon for what it's worth haha

Just for the banter.....

FWIW I have done thorough testing on the Kirkland cookies and they deliver. But that was a low risk high reward test versus a $150 putter buy.

FWIW I have done thorough testing on the Kirkland cookies and they deliver. But that was a low risk high reward test versus a $150 putter buy.
I would argue the "low risk" point! Ha!

I would argue the "low risk" point! Ha!
Too true. After a round dozen cookies in one sitting I realized that no cookie buy is low risk. But let’s not get off course here!

Wait are we talking about New Jersey or sweet amber Kirkland spirits?

I mean New Jersey can’t be completely terrible right? There’s gotta be some upside to it? But no I was referring to the Kirkland signature bourbon they offer

Back