Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I keep trying to get the Max to work for me. Nope. With a better setup and controlling my release so I don't flip, I can keep the spin and flight reasonable. I do like the forgiveness acrosso the face, and the ball does pop off the face. Love the sound. Unfortunately I still turn the ball left far too much. Most of those I would call a hook versus a draw. Heavy weight in heel, the draw setting. If I switch weights, I launch into orbit.

Switch to G400 Max and I can hid fade, straight, draw. I lose a little distance compared to Mav Max. I know I can make a Mav max to standard or SZ head switch if needed, but that's going to take some time -- maybe end of May. Should I try a weight kit? Where do I get one?

No someone at my local course who isn't here anymore, I'm gonna guess just wasn't done right

dang. Well glad there wasn’t more damage.

What is the best performance feature you guys are seeing from your driver?
Probably the dispersion. Even on poor swings I’m finding the head stays balanced enough to stay square to the target and in play more often than not.

The standard Mav is just....fast.:oops:

For the Max, forgiveness, dispersion and confidence inspiring.

It's Mavrik time!

20200502_100505.jpg

Heck yah @radiman grtting that ride and golf in

Is it weird that I'm cruising around on this thing with Highway to the Danger Zone playing in my head?

I keep trying to get the Max to work for me. Nope. With a better setup and controlling my release so I don't flip, I can keep the spin and flight reasonable. I do like the forgiveness acrosso the face, and the ball does pop off the face. Love the sound. Unfortunately I still turn the ball left far too much. Most of those I would call a hook versus a draw. Heavy weight in heel, the draw setting. If I switch weights, I launch into orbit.

Switch to G400 Max and I can hid fade, straight, draw. I lose a little distance compared to Mav Max. I know I can make a Mav max to standard or SZ head switch if needed, but that's going to take some time -- maybe end of May. Should I try a weight kit? Where do I get one?
Hey Golden,

I purchased mine for $40 from the above seller. I ordered the kit with the 2g to 18g weights.

Few thoughts: it comes from China, so it took I believe about 5 weeks to reach me on the East cost. It was in transit for about 95% of that time.

Anyway, the product itself works and I like having the kit to keep things together.

Hope this helps.

Now we have quite a few owners on the forum, I'd be interested to know what shafts people have gone with. Is the Riptide the most popular option?

Now we have quite a few owners on the forum, I'd be interested to know what shafts people have gone with. Is the Riptide the most popular option?
Riptide 5.5 in mine, R flex.

Neither of the stock options fit me great, but between them (riptide and rogue white) I prefer the Riptide, and have been trying to play it lately to have some fun with it.

Ordered mine with the Oban Hashimoto 05.
Playing tomorrow and planning to try my Diamana D+ white 7X in it.
May buy a Ventus red 7X.
🤦‍♂️

Ordered mine with the Oban Hashimoto 05.
Playing tomorrow and planning to try my Diamana D+ white 7X in it.
May buy a Ventus red 7X.
🤦‍♂️

Hmm, have been thinking about a Ventus too. Currently undecided between the Aldila White and the Riptide but why not add to the confusion with a Ventus too? :D

i was really impressed with your driving at the hideaway. the max really seemed to suit you well.

I'd say my driver was well above normal that week. I'd offer that it was a good combo of a club that offers gobs of forgiveness and the wide fairways at the Hideaway. When I don't have trees to worry about, I tend to relax and not force it.

I'm in the stock Riptide 5.5 50g. Love it.

Oh boy. What an adventure today. 25-30mph winds made the round kind of a s**t show. You really lose any control of the ball in those types of conditions.

But, I hit some crazy bombs with the wind. Into the wind, there were a few shots that really stood out to me. The tee shot in the last hole may have been the most impressive shot if the day today. Tree lined down the right and left sides of the hole. Wind directly in my face. I wanted to hit a mid trajectory draw that started just over the trees on the right, thinking the low spinning draw may get a little more distance. It was exactly as planned. Just a powerful shot.

I had the Ventus Red in it yesterday and saw myself losing shots to the right. Like the timing was off or the club was just lagging behind a touch. Some misses that I hadn't really hit this year. Put the Ventus Black back in today. Felt like I had a lot more control over the face. It will likely be the go to for the time being. Such a good combo.

Oh, and that Finn Cycle is so fun to ride.

I’m going with my trusted UST Elements Chrome F4. It just works for me

Looks like BK may be gMing the standard? I know people reported it being the SZ, but the back end looks like the std...? Perhaps a tour issue diamond model.
22D8FED3-58F6-480E-8443-120F7D33E9B3.jpeg

Finally got out for 9 today and I initially struggled a hair with the mavrik / ventus blue combo, fighting a bit of a pull hook. It was set at +1/D, so I flipped it to +1/ N and ended up hitting 3/3 final fairways down the stretch.
I was blown away by the forgiveness of the standard Mavrik and the feel is absolutely sublime. Hopefully I can get a bit more feedback for you guys here soon, but wow, what a great feeling!

Looks like BK may be gMing the standard? I know people reported it being the SZ, but the back end looks like the std...? Perhaps a tour issue diamond model.
View attachment 8940820
I think you are correct. I know I've seen a diamond version that has SZ weights and the standard type shape.

Was fit into a 60g regular Flex Riptide by Callaway. I also have a Ventus Blue regular flex which currently isn’t cooperating so may be letting it go.

Had a great round today with the Mavrik SZ...
71% FIR and hit some bombs, this driver seems that it is more forgiving on heel misses than the Epic Flash SZ.

I went with a Ventus Blue 6s. Very stable shaft imo.

The Standard Mavrik was a beast today. The Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 gram shaft fits me well apparently. I stepped to the first tee and hit this.

20200502_135501.jpg

It was a perfect mid launch draw that ran out quite a bit. I had drives of 284 and 290 later on in the round. The Std. has such a solid feel and sound when hit on the sweet spot. I have a Tensei pro orange to test but if I keep hitting it like this I am not changing a thing.

Back