Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Just for reference on those Equalizer soles:
reidlockhart.herokuapp.com/

Terry Koehler was Director of Marketing at Hogan in the nineties, and involved again in rebirth of Ben Hogan in 2015.

These wedges are so easy to elevate! And, even with a quick launch, the ball flies through the air, to the correct distance. The 50-54-58 gaps perfectly!

I played a couple Reid Lockhart wedges years ago. I loved the sole but the grooves were not uniform in depth and that bothered me. Seriously considering the Hogan equilizer wedge though.

I played a couple Reid Lockhart wedges years ago. I loved the sole but the grooves were not uniform in depth and that bothered me. Seriously considering the Hogan equilizer wedge though.
You won’t be disappointed, these are so easy to play, the feel , finish & overall playability stack up against anything out there.

You won’t be disappointed, these are so easy to play, the feel , finish & overall playability stack up against anything out there.
I'm still shocked at how the black finish held up throughout the entire year.

A 100 yard SW to 6 feet. Just made a nice smooth swing. Ball took a small hop and checked up. Made the putt for birdie.
IMG_1912.JPG

Zippy grooves grabbing cover - that’s a 20 yard pitch shot with the 58* - Srixon XV

D117CFCE-7A87-4CC9-A881-228B08623BED.jpeg

Hit a nice shot today. I flew the green on hole 7, which is absolute jail! The green slopes hard away from you down towards the pond. If the flag is cut anywhere near the fall line, you are better off aiming left or right, leaving a 10 ft putt. The ball was sitting up very nice, so I did something I never do. I opened the face on my 58* and tried to get the ball up quickly. I wouldn't call it a flop shot, my handicap says that's not in my wheel house. Put a easy swing on it and followed through. Ball hit and stopped about 18 inches from the hole. These wedges are fun and give you confidence....which might not be a good thing!:LOL:

Boy do I ever missing gaming my Equalizers. They are very clean and look amazing in the bag...

Took my 54* Equalizer and 54* MIM wedge to the range today and settled on the Equalizer(back in the bag). Sorry MIM.:cry:

Took my 54* Equalizer and 54* MIM wedge to the range today and settled on the Equalizer(back in the bag). Sorry MIM.:cry:
Don’t be sorry...be careful! Hate to loose that performance at DTC pricing!😆 But, honestly, why did the Equalizer win out over the MIM?

Don’t be sorry...be careful! Hate to loose that performance at DTC pricing!😆 But, honestly, why did the Equalizer win out over the MIM?
[/QUOTE
I bought the Equalizers back when they were first introduced, played them and really liked their performance especially with the Recoil Smacwrap shafts. When the MIM was first introduced, I tried them out and liked the feel not only off the face, but the overall feel and balance of the club. I had 2 Equalizers a 58* and a 54*. Sold the 58* and kept the 54*, took it out of the bag and put the MIM in. It was during my trip to Florida this past March that had me thinking about the MIM. I started to get erratic off the fairway and chip shots with it, just didn't feel comfortable and felt like I really had to swing hard . Anyway, played a several rounds when I got back, and it still didn't feel right, that's when I went to the range with the MIM and Equalizer. I'm thinking that v-sole, graphite shaft had a lot to do with the change, especially the shaft.

Long story, but that's how it happened.

The Equalizer wedges I won last week during the livestream with @JDax arrived today and they are sharp. Should find a nice home next to the recoil shafted PTx Pros in my bag currently. I’ll be taking them out on the course tomorrow and I’ll pop back in to share some thoughts.
C2D900DA-EC13-42F4-B99D-EEDF404FABD0.jpeg430897FD-BFDA-44B5-9BF5-2B441A6C57A7.jpeg4A3E849E-346C-4385-B03A-D584F88034DD.jpeg

Last edited:
And @BigDill I know those ones work, as they were my personal wedges.

The Equalizer wedges I won last week during the livestream with @JDax arrived today and they are sharp. Should find a nice home next to the recoil agates PTx Pros in my bag currently. I’ll be taking them out on the course tomorrow and I’ll pop back in to share some thoughts.
View attachment 8940449View attachment 8940450View attachment 8940451
Even though my play with the Equalizers (50, 54 and 58) has been limited, I like what I've seen so far. I hope you have great success with these!

Those are awesome @BigDill have fun with them!

@BigDill glad you won these! They are great wedges!

Hit my 58 degree Equalizer today a lot. Over cooked several greens using the ICON 9 iron. It was dialed in. On 3 different holes I had to pitch on from 10 yards or so off the green. 2-3 hops and the ball stopped inside of 3 feet. I put my ball in the bunker on 9. I easily got out was within 5 feet of the hole. I don't think I have made a bad bunker shot the last 8 or so times I found a trap. I have struggled with getting up and down out of a bunker all my life, but these wedges are making it very easy for me!

Hit my 58 degree Equalizer today a lot. Over cooked several greens using the ICON 9 iron. It was dialed in. On 3 different holes I had to pitch on from 10 yards or so off the green. 2-3 hops and the ball stopped inside of 3 feet. I put my ball in the bunker on 9. I easily got out was within 5 feet of the hole. I don't think I have made a bad bunker shot the last 8 or so times I found a trap. I have struggled with getting up and down out of a bunker all my life, but these wedges are making it very easy for me!

What's the main factor? Grind? V sole?

Back