Video Range Days: Cleveland UHX Irons

And we are giving away a a set of these tomorrow

These have moved up the list to the top at this point. Was seriously looking at a couple of different options but between the tech and my love of the company, Still play their woods and wedges. And agree that these would blend perfectly with the CBX2 and full face wedges.

Not sure how these don't make it in the bag.:love::love::love:

These have moved up the list to the top at this point. Was seriously looking at a couple of different options but between the tech and my love of the company, Still play their woods and wedges. And agree that these would blend perfectly with the CBX2 and full face wedges.

Not sure how these don't make it in the bag.:love::love::love:
If you pull the trigger, keep us updated, they’re a really fun set of irons.

This was a great video review and makes me want to find these clubs. I'm looking for some, ok a lot of forgiveness. These sound like they fit what I'm looking for. Plus! They're cheaper than the Titleist T400's I'm lusting after.:)

This was such a fun listen. Range Days is one of my favorite THP specials, and you guys did an awesome job on the premiere for this season. They UHX are a pretty impressive iron set, and way under the radar. Great job shining the spotlight on them!

I like these in-depth reviews. Irons like UHX are a category of irons I don't tend to track, and I always wonder if I should be more open to different options. Fun to learn and ponder.

I ordered these too early, LOL. Someone is going to win an awesome set of irons. These are seriously mind-blowing. Getting out again this afternoon.

Waiting to see who got them!

Live stream in a couple of hours and we are giving away a set of these.

:eek::D(y)

I have to say that this iron was my favorite at the True Temper Experience last fall at Hammoch Beach. This was and would still be my first pick. This is a much underrated iron of all time. I have not been able to go out and buy a set, its just not in the budget....need, want and will have

2nd time out with these yesterday afternoon. I got caught behind a tree on a pretty long par 4, 165 yards out. I don't normally shape shots and I'm not even sure I know what I'm doing in that situation. Regardless, I tried to hook this ball around the tree.

8 iron -middle of the face. Not only did I do it successfully, perfectly skirted around the tree, but I also flew the green. Something I never thought I'd be able to do.

These clubs are fun. It's probably the most fun I've had with new equipment in a really long time.

Other takeaways - the stock DG steel shafts are really good. Not as smooth as my recoils, but they feel pretty good. I may stick with them for a bit.

The V Sole is amazing and needs to be on all my clubs going forward. Turf interaction with these from any lie is so easy. With my M4's I'd always have one shot a round where I'd hit too far behind the ball and flub it 10/20 yards. These things glide through anything on mishits. I'm sure I'll have one of my patented flubs, but it seems like it's harder to achieve.

I cannot recommend these enough to everyone.

What do people think of the stock Miyazaki graphite? Torn between those and Recoil 760/780 smacwrap? My swing has slowed since back surgery so I swing a regulard more than a stiff now.

What do people think of the stock Miyazaki graphite? Torn between those and Recoil 760/780 smacwrap? My swing has slowed since back surgery so I swing a regulard more than a stiff now.

I have played and like both. The Smacwrap reduces a bit more vibration/feedback. Some people like that and others prefer to have some.

Thanks JB looks like the Recoils have a slighly lower ball flight which might help here in Colorado withthe wind

I can't comment on the Miyazaki, but I played the 780 SMACWRAP in my M4's previously and I loved everything abotu them. They were the smoothest shafts I think I've ever played and they helped when I was trying to get over some elbow/forearm issues I was having. Less vibration and must easier on my arms.

@Canadan what would you say the biggest "ding" against these irons if there is any. I.e. size, top line, feel

I hit a shot with UHX 6 Iron last night that has me wanting to play golf 24/7. 178 yards out. No wind. Felt perfect. Somehow I hit a draw. 5 feet from the pin.

These things are silly sometimes. I've never felt comfortable with that distance before.

Say long irons and short irons
Well, I think the long irons are remarkable from a distance and quality of strike perspective.
The profile is a bit to take in, but it easily blends into the visual once you've hit 20-30 balls.

Can't say a ton about the short irons because I've not spent any time with them, but there's been some awesome feedback in the UHX thread already about the progession.

Really, I don't have a 'basic' knock on them. Price is solid, profile works, sound is excellent for profile, and people SHOULD be trying them.

So picked up a 5-PW set with Mayazaki's. Will play a 48 degree CBX2 and a 54 and 58 Full face. Looking forward to hitting them tomorrow
That’s fun. Looking forward to your thoughts

Back