BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Chicken Fajitas on the rec Tec. They were amazing.
01B17B0B-77E5-4B6C-9B2C-5DF57452EED1.jpeg

Putting ribs on the smoker, trying to beat the rain!

Well that didn't turn out great. Foiled them, and a big bolt came from nowhere, power out, and the downpour came. Bolts everywhere, ribs still in the smoker, no power. 💩🤬

Well that didn't turn out great. Foiled them, and a big bolt came from nowhere, power out, and the downpour came. Bolts everywhere, ribs still in the smoker, no power. 💩🤬
Oh, no. Backup propane/charcoal?

Oh, no. Backup propane/charcoal?
You know, stupid thing is that we both just sat there for about an hour thinking I hope the electricity comes back on so I can put these in the oven. Just then I looked out at my kitchen and noticed my GRILL. Started the grill up and tried to finish these, but they were gone. We both ate the ribs, but definitely not anywhere near what they should have been. They were in the smoker for 3 hours at 225*, then they sat for 1 1/2 hours, on the grill and sauced for 30+ minutes....you be the judge! (n)

Funny how we now need electricity to make fire. 😂😂🤣🤣
The fire was there, I just couldn't feed it because the electricity powered the auger. I do see your point;)

You know, stupid thing is that we both just sat there for about an hour thinking I hope the electricity comes back on so I can put these in the oven. Just then I looked out at my kitchen and noticed my GRILL. Started the grill up and tried to finish these, but they were gone. We both ate the ribs, but definitely not anywhere near what they should have been. They were in the smoker for 3 hours at 225*, then they sat for 1 1/2 hours, on the grill and sauced for 30+ minutes....you be the judge! (n)

Sorry for the humble brag... I knocked out these BBQ ribs, a first time preparation of ribs ever... Bar has been set high for round 2

IMG_20200503_175253.jpg

Got home late from golf today so in an attempt to eat before 8 pm I cooked my ribs at 245 in the smoker today instead of 230. Just under 5 hours total and they were fantastic. Also I guess if I’m going to take pictures I should take them off my old sheet pan haha

C20023D7-16FB-4E3B-9CDB-9EAF2808377A.jpeg

Got home late from golf today so in an attempt to eat before 8 pm I cooked my ribs at 245 in the smoker today instead of 230. Just under 5 hours total and they were fantastic. Also I guess if I’m going to take pictures I should take them off my old sheet pan haha

View attachment 8941109

I'm not a rib guy most of the time, but the last ones we did were fairly good. Might have to try again soon. I normally don't like screwing around with the bones, but those the bones just pulled right out.

Made my first pizza tonight on the pizza stone on the smoker.Taste was great and cooked perfectly. Tonight’s pizza bacon, mushrooms pepperoni & olives. Darn near forgot the pepperoni but did a last second up and down :)

AD4AE02E-8518-4F6D-A394-4B399AFC5F80.jpeg

20200503_184836.jpg20200503_184836.jpg

These came out perfect. Lawry's seasoning salt and black pepper.

View attachment 8941109

What do you use for rub/seasoning on them. They look tasty.

bb23d97c6469d90dc1784e226bd97737.jpg

Ribs for dinner. My daughter wanted hers sauced and I prefer a dry rub rib so went half and half. Chicken for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick and simple.. Burgers and dogs on the grill

Some grilled chicken breasts with various rubs

50EBC0FD-D6B2-4235-BB96-BCB1EEA98195.jpeg

Three a abs of St. Louis style ribs with all the rib trimmings today. The meat was on sale and with the shortage looming I figured I smoke a bunch, vacuum pack, freeze it and then have it available for sous vide when I feel like some ribs.

42F5A18A-2CF0-4CA9-9CD0-76EB2412A641.jpeg

Anyone use a propane smoker?

I do! Cuisinart

Tell me more. I need a grill. Was originally going to go pellet grill so I can smoke. But for normal day in day out stuff it's probably more feasible to go gas grill. If I do that, I can always go gas smoker on the side.

Back