Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I’ve just migrated here from another site and am discovering lots of great discussions. This tread, not so much.

I don’t disagree my friend. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask.

Hey folks, make sure you get that CV test done quickly. Thousands, in fact an army of 20,000 contact tracers will be hired to track you down. But of course, the govt is all-knowing for many who obey without question. Do not question anything or you're against saving lives! Leave your job, go broke, allow the govt to remove you from your home because not one more person can ever die.

I figured this was satire like the Onion or Babylon Bee. It's not. Although Fox has a slightly different, not quite so sensationalistic (but still not pretty) take on it:

I figured this was satire like the Onion or Babylon Bee. It's not. Although Fox has a slightly different, not quite so sensationalistic (but still not pretty) take on it:
Maybe courses could hire golf tracers to measure driving distances and thus move people to forward tees to reduce 18 hole times?

Covid19 VERY local impact.
My wife just gave me my 2nd Rona haircut and it's in her words.. "not too horrible". Since we can't find men's clippers anywhere but we did find dog clippers so my haircut is with dog clippers. She also cut my hair first both times to practice before the dog. She didn't want the dog to look unfortunate.

You can say white privilege. No one will judge you.

People seem to forget that golf courses play an important role in state economies. In MA, it's a multi-billion dollar business...that's a lot of employees, a lot of taxes, a lot of revenue. It's not all about old white guys chasing a little white ball around.

You can also get turned down if you've had chronic bronchitis....

Or a bad back you didn’t know was bad when you were 21...... But damn if that doc didn’t know what he was talking about despite me being in otherwise great health (yeah look at me now) and having never felt even a twinge of back pain then. 4 years later I’d had 2 back surgeries.

This isn’t the days of the draft. They take who they want. Not everyone with their hands up gets in. Until we know more about this it is probably wise, albeit most likely temporary.

Look at what state that is in and it will tell you all you need to know.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

We now have clearance to play golf in MA. :)

No motorized carts, no practicing, and you have to wait in your car until 15 minutes before your tee time. Glad I have an Orange Whip as I can swing that for a few minutes before I tee off.

In other news, Mecklenburg County is going to allow 2 people to a cart now.

I just scored a 2 pack of disinfecting wipes and a small travel size hand sanitizer from Target and then 2 larger 8oz bottles of hand sanitizer from CVS. I feel like I won the lottery!

I just traded disinfectant wipes for golf passes this morning. I even texted the course owner and told her I had the good stuff, 200ct and on the back they actually state that they kill the human Coronavirus.

I felt dirty and like I was dealing something far more nefarious when I made my delivery in a paper bag for fear of being mugged.

Strange world right now....

After tonight’s round I kind of wish Pennsylvania didn’t open golf courses 😓

We now have clearance to play golf in MA. :)

No motorized carts, no practicing, and you have to wait in your car until 15 minutes before your tee time. Glad I have an Orange Whip as I can swing that for a few minutes before I tee off.

Your governertator is bringing back the old school breakfast balls. I’d like it if it wasn’t forced.

Funny how it has become rolling outages at the stores, 1st TP, then Margarine and now Flour. (Wipes and Sanitizer being a "Given)
In fact when I was at the store 2 weeks ago, the "Paper" aisle was packed with product.

Funny, my job right now is to project and predict the next “rolling outage” and then take a huge gamble on being right.

I’ve only been wrong once (and only half so then) but if anyone needs some tonic water please let me know!! I even bought in huge on Gin because once those that had never had it before were going to decide that it tastes like butt and want something to tame it a bit. Due to shipping regulations, y’all have to find your own gin.

It’s okay to have a different opinion as facts change. I wish more would do that instead of playing party politics.

Out of the gate it looked terrible. That culture plus recommended actions being taken to heart seemingly has been a good recipe.
then I look forward to seeing the facts change in 2 weeks so all the talking heads can tell us how we got it all wrong and should feel bad:greenalien:

Interesting conversation with an IL golf course owner today. They barely break even with no restrictions. With the restrictions, he can do 20% of his normal revenue on a good day. So he consulted a state attorney and the IL government has no legal right to enforce these restriction. They are simply “guidance”.

So, he’sopened up the course to 4 somes and normal tee times. You can rent a cart for a fee - doing exactly what MO is doing. He had 2 options - not follow the governor or go out of business. Fixed costs are too high to only have a max of 8 golfers walking every hour. I can totally respect that decision.

Just got an email from Tapatalk. My post was in the email. Wow. Tequila4kapp too. Interesting they picked that post.

Attachments

• 2020-05-07_18-31-46.png
    2020-05-07_18-31-46.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 41
@MagicSpell

No, not anymore. She'd join her dad and me every couple of months for par 3 course before kids -- 5 years ago. My wife hasn't left our property since before the lockdown in the SF Bay Area... almost 2 months ago now.

And to provide more context, I took our 2-year old in her little blue push car with me to collect the recycle bins yesterday from the end of the driveway, and my wife became an emotional wreck. She said it was an unnecessary risk, I didn't have to bring the kid.

So at this point, after getting yelled at for doing that, there's a part of me that wonders if going nuclear is actually a better way to handle this. But it's complex because she has anxiety and I should be mindful of the disorder. But damn it manifests itself in really challenging ways for me to cope with.

Spilling my guts on the Internets, nice.. feeling lost and desparate :(

Sounds awful. It is time for her to call her doctor. She is suffering and her anxiety is infecting everyone in the house. Being mindful of her illness is one thing but for her to figuratively cough on all of you is not fair. No N95 mask is going to protect you or the kids. Good luck.

Just a guess but I’d assume they don’t have enough carts to fully accommodate a full tee sheet and the one per cart limit?
Yeah, but wondering if they just tossed a dart at the board to determine the hours.

FYI...golfers out here are buying the sand trap rake below to ensure traps are raked. Guys are raking traps even if they weren't in the trap.

FYI...golfers out here are buying the sand trap rake below to ensure traps are raked. Guys are raking traps even if they weren't in the trap.

So they are raking it for the benefit of others, not themselves? Kinda like wearing a mask in public? Sorry, sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. It is your best post.

Three months ago, family separation was evil.

So they are raking it for the benefit of others, not themselves? Kinda like wearing a mask in public? Sorry, sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. It is your best post.
I'm all for contact tracer armies to remove people from golf courses who play blue tees and drive the ball 180, don't use seed, or don't rake traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back