Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

I clean the face of my driver before every swing so I can see where I made contact on the next drive. I've tried this with other drivers (Rogue, Epic, etc) and none of them are as easy to see as the EXS. That's one of my favorite things about the EXS. Most of my mishits are because I missed the sweet spot and now it's so easy to see where I hit the ball on the driver face.

i matched it up with the Snell MTB X last Saturday and was hitting some of my longest drives ever!

Just put this US Open version UST Proforce V2 on the EXS, will be ready to give it a go for the 4th (actually playing on the 3rd). Was going to go with the V2 Black, but couldn't resist this red, white, and blue version.

20190701_185708_resized.jpg

20190701_190445_resized.jpg

It was a steal at $299, this new price is insane!

Unbelievable price for a club this good. I found it to be the most forgiving club I have ever played, I can push and pull it but the sidespin is low and that keeps the ball in play. It has a great sound and feel to boot.

So I have no way of testing this driver but I'm curious about the shaft.

I'm a guy that's a tweener between stiff and xstiff shaft and I need low spin. The shaft is mid spin. I've tried those before and they just get my spin on the high range.

Does any know if it might help dial down the spin to go with the X Stiff shaft since it's mid spin? Right now I play the Yellow HZRDUS shaft

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

leftyrighty;n8892856 said:
So I have no way of testing this driver but I'm curious about the shaft.

I'm a guy that's a tweener between stiff and xstiff shaft and I need low spin. The shaft is mid spin. I've tried those before and they just get my spin on the high range.

Does any know if it might help dial down the spin to go with the X Stiff shaft since it's mid spin? Right now I play the Yellow HZRDUS shaft

You can get it with a HZRDUS Black or Yellow for no upcharge

I bet their competitors are scarambling to either take a price drop or to eat some drivers. This is one of a lot of great moves on TE part. Clubs and bags are awesome and play that way too. Starting to be one of my favorite brands.

LLIB;n8892915 said:
You can get it with a HZRDUS Black or Yellow for no upcharge
Where have you seen this? I haven't found it

leftyrighty;n8892956 said:

Sent you a message

leftyrighty;n8892956 said:

Any Tour Edge dealer will do it. I have the HZRDUS Black in mine. You can call Tour Edge as well. Budget Golf only stocks the stock Tensei Blue. You can also get the Tensei White or Red.

Was a very solid driver and deal at $299. Still a very solid driver and incredible deal at $249!

Played 9 holes Friday with this driver in the bag, after a few month hiatus testing another driver setup(s).

Was like I never took it out of the bag - 3 drives 3 big bombs that were pretty solid and accurate. Great driver especially for the price point.

I've been hitting the EXS for a few months now, it will likely be staying in the bag for a long time, GREAT DRIVER! It was a great deal to begin with, now you can get the driver and pick up the weight kit too for what the driver alone usually retails for!!!

The EXS is back in my bag for a while. I have been trying to make a different driver work but the EXS just works better for me. Pulled it out of the closet and it clearly outperformed my other driver on the trackman.

So I put the EXS back in play and am I ever glad that I did. I have been taking lessons on a trackman for a while and the driver that bumped the EXS out of the bag has failed to impress even after a couple shaft changes. Looking for my lost distance I pulled the EXS out of the closet to compare numbers on the trackman. I have been playing it with a 60g UST Proforce Gold XX. That shaft worked pretty good but my fitter/instructor said that a heavier shaft would help me find the center of the face. I told him that I did not have a heavier shaft but I have one that is way too stiff for me that we could try. He said the extra stiff shaft may accomplish what we are looking for.

A while back @Smiter sent me an Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60g in tour X flex. I tried it briefly but I never gave it a fair chance and I did not have access to the trackman. I have also recently started the Super Speed training and my swing speed has crept up from 101 average to 105. After my Super Speed session I was feeling loose and decided to grab the EXS and see how fast I could swing it without hitting a ball.

20191102_110852.jpg

On the way to my lesson I was wondering just how fast I could swing while hitting a ball. After doing some partial wedge shot work I started hitting driver. I was seeing 104-105 on my regular swings. I was loose and swinging well so I turned up the wick. The following shots are with the EXS 10.5 lofted up 1 degree.

20191102_141124.jpg

20191102_143752.jpg

The trackman is set at sea level and I just could not quite get to the 300 yard mark. I am sore and tired after swinging that hard but it was fun going for broke while my instructor cheered me on. On the golf course and back to my normal swing the EXS is the straightest driver that I have ever hit. It has very good forgiveness on off center strikes and the $249 retail is crazy cheap for a driver this good.

I'm was the same as you in many respects. I tried very hard to love the Rogue and G400 Max, but they just didn't get there. I've been a Fan of Tour Edge for many years and when I put the EXS into play it instantly became my driver of choice. The sound and performance were exceptional and my only regret is not having it in the bag sooner.

Still a fantastic driver for sure.

Tour Edge has dropped the price on the original EXS driver to $229.99! I’m assuming Budget Golf will drop their price now too, and with the THP 15% off code (Hackers15), this is driver will be under $200!

Fred Couples has this driver in his bag this year And he does not change gear that often. He was pounding it in Hawaii last week.

Fred Couples has this driver in his bag this year And he does not change gear that often. He was pounding it in Hawaii last week.
Hmm. Are we sure about this? I know he played the M3 last year after being SLDR forever.

I had looked for a new driver every year to replace an R1. Last year at the club demo day I hit the EXS and although it wasn't any better numbers than the R1, it was just as good and so at the (then) price of $299 I gave it a try.

Glad I did, it got even better as I got used to the club and for my ~90 mph swing speed it performs extremely well. All the years I tried to find a replacement for the R1, the $500 clubs just were not worth the money in fact none of them had as good as numbers as the R1. At under $200 it is going to be a great club.

Going to give this one a legitimate look this week at making the bag. Not my favorite size to look down at, but there is a lot to like otherwise. Meant to hit it vs my 410 LST this week, but other drivers got the lions share of looks.

Going to give this one a legitimate look this week at making the bag. Not my favorite size to look down at, but there is a lot to like otherwise. Meant to hit it vs my 410 LST this week, but other drivers got the lions share of looks.

think you got the wrong thread there sir.

Back