2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Definitely frowned upon. Might be a little less unsafe (still wouldn't consider it safe enough to use the word "safer") with today's technology.

much of it was for photography as having a lot of divers around scares off the cool critters.

yeah, I know I should probably start looking for an alternate cardio choice but running has always been it...I need to start walking the dogs more as well. rest is good.
Prior to the Shelter in place the only walking I did was for my job. Now I’m averaging 5 miles a day without being at work. I like to walk the dogs at a good pace to keep my HR around 110. I also do weights and resistance bands but in a rotation so little to no rest.

much of it was for photography as having a lot of divers around scares off the cool critters.

Gotcha. Boat diving or shore diving?

Prior to the Shelter in place the only walking I did was for my job. Now I’m averaging 5 miles a day without being at work. I like to walk the dogs at a good pace to keep my HR around 110. I also do weights and resistance bands but in a rotation so little to no rest.

I recently tried re-incorporating weights but i've been getting shoulder impingements more often...i'll have to get my resistance training in another way

I recently tried re-incorporating weights but i've been getting shoulder impingements more often...i'll have to get my resistance training in another way
Resistance bands are a great alternative and tend to cause less issues. Plus you can do it just about anywhere.

That one's not so bad. Just gotta make sure you jump far enough!

that is actually very true on parts of the climb/entry if you do it from shore (more toward the lighthouse...although, there are "entries" along that wall)...it's less fun with a full camera rig, tho.

that is actually very true on parts of the climb/entry if you do it from shore (more toward the lighthouse...although, there are "entries" along that wall)...it's less fun with a full camera rig, tho.

I can imagine the entry would be a little tricky with the camera. As with most things, I'd guess the egress is even worse.

I can imagine the entry would be a little tricky with the camera. As with most things, I'd guess the egress is even worse.

yes, especially when water conditions get worse. I feared more for my camera rig more than my life on some dives :facepalm:

I found p90x3 in my basement! Abandoning P90x one week in because I just don’t have the time. Starting x3 tomorrow!

Good luck. A running routine can only help you. Just listen to your body and don't be afraid to back off it for a couple weeks if you're going too far too soon. I screwed up training for my first marathon and ended up with a shin splint that kept me out of running for 2.5 months. Definitely wasn't great for the training.
Good thoughts man. Definitely easier to back off if I need to considering I just have a distance as a target, and not a date. Definitely don't want to screw up golf season :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Morning and evening walks with my dog. 45 minutes in morning and 30 minutes evenings.

Jump started my diet again and am working out more

Jump started my diet again and am working out more
Nice work! I'm able to, but haven't found the motivation to get back fully into my fitness routine. Today will hopefull.be that day!

Put in 3.3 yesterday and I'll do 3ish today.

My run days are starting to solidify like they should. Sunday (long), Tuesday (short), Wednesday (mid), and Friday (short). Right now, I'm looking at roughly 6, 3, 4, 3 and I'll likely work up toward 15, 4, 8, 4 as a goal, but I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get there. If I decide to train for a full marathon and not just a half, I'll push it up to 22, 6, 10-12, 6 near the race, but that is yet to be determined.

Who knew walking could be so painful. 21500 steps yesterday. Walked 18 plus walked the dogs twice before playing.

It's getting more respectable slowly, but surely. Screenshot_20200506-125202_Connect.jpg

Have dramatically shifted my fitness goals/routine since the quarantine. Since my rugby career ended I have mostly focused on power lifting and touch rugby for fitness. Now I have some dumbbells and med balls for the house and am doing high rep low weight circuit training and HIIT workouts in our alley with the med balls. Dumbbells are insanely expensive used right now so I don't have many heavy ones, have been using a 5 gallon water jug which has worked shockingly well. Am doing a lot more running and tried some yoga sculpt workouts with my gf which I did not do well at. Incredibly frustrating being a competitive person but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I have shifted my fitness goals from maintaining strength and power to leaning out and improving aerobic fitness again. I hate losing muscle mass but pretty happy seeing some fat drop off. Can't wait to get back in a full gym again but have been enjoying the new workouts.

As the courses have opened back up here my workouts have transitioned a little bit. The core work with the resistance bands increases as I like to do some rotational work before playing. It’s good to activate those muscles before playing. Also a bit more circuit training over isolation type workouts. Definitely feeling good and after 3 rounds the past 4 days I’m feeling no fatigue this morning. That first day with the push cart was somewhat painful. However the recovery from it seems rapid due to the body being used to working out.

Next week I think I’ll try and play 9 on Monday and Wednesday after work. Than 18 on Thursday and Friday. I had 2 days this week with over 21000 steps walking.

Played 18 yesterday, going on a long walk with the family today

Not too shabby for an old guy.Screenshot_20200510-113104_Connect.jpg

That's a great run!! I'm trying to get my times down over distance as I work with my daughter
Its improving little by little. I know everyone has different expectations running (as with everything), but I'm not happy until I can get a decent distance (6-8 miles) in at a decent pace (8.5 min/mile or less).

I'm basically starting from scratch though so I have to keep that in mind.

Back