PODCAST Off Course: Episode 4: Flipping Gear

Flippers definitely make it unfair for most of us who either appreciate unique items, like to use unique items, or both. Unfortunately golf is not any different than a lot of other things in this respect; for example I realize it's the internet but how can a 30,000 seat venue sell out in a matter of minutes?

Followup question regarding "flipping" - is it considered flipping if you purchase a limited item and later barter it for another unique item that you weren't able to get direct? For example if I buy two of a Masters item; one for myself and one to trade. Next year they release another version and I can't get to the Masters, but find someone who can and trade them last year's item for this year's version.

Flippers definitely make it unfair for most of us who either appreciate unique items, like to use unique items, or both. Unfortunately golf is not any different than a lot of other things in this respect; for example I realize it's the internet but how can a 30,000 seat venue sell out in a matter of minutes?

Followup question regarding "flipping" - is it considered flipping if you purchase a limited item and later barter it for another unique item that you weren't able to get direct? For example if I buy two of a Masters item; one for myself and one to trade. Next year they release another version and I can't get to the Masters, but find someone who can and trade them last year's item for this year's version.

I think it's flipping if you buy something for the sole purpose of selling it / trading it at a profit. Totally legit. Done everywhere I agree. And for some it sucks.

Back