NJ Golf courses are opening!!

Played yesterday. Shot 91. Aerated greens WTF, couldn’t find the driver swing, putter -Ha, I would have done better with a shovel, but my irons were good. Hit a towering cut shot about 170 yards to 8’ pin high over water to the smallest green in the course.
I need the range to be open, need work in the driver.

Why yes, I have heard that golfers in other states are treated like adults unlike here in New Jersey.
Well, it is called a "nanny state"...:LOL:

Played yesterday. Shot 91. Aerated greens WTF, couldn’t find the driver swing, putter -Ha, I would have done better with a shovel, but my irons were good. Hit a towering cut shot about 170 yards to 8’ pin high over water to the smallest green in the course.
I need the range to be open, need work in the driver.
What is it with the courses that have JUST aerated the greens? You'd think they would have done this in March and April... not right when the courses open back up!

What is it with the courses that have JUST aerated the greens? You'd think they would have done this in March and April... not right when the courses open back up!
Yeah I played yesterday and experienced aerated greens as well.
Played my first and only other round of the year back in March right before the shutdowns and one more time in NY right before they shutdown and the courses both had aerated had aerated greens as well.

Lots of people unfortunately lost jobs due to the pandemic. Anyone who aerates their greens AFTER courses open up should be one of them.

The science of Aeration doesn't respond to viruses...When it is the right time, you do it....

The science of Aeration doesn't respond to viruses...When it is the right time, you do it....
True, I’m honestly just happy to be playing right now so I can deal with the aerated greens for the time being.

I wonder how many courses are actually following all the guidelines laid out by the governor. Buddy of mine played today and he played as a foursome (all friends, not within guidelines) and had tee times every 10 minutes. They were only permitting 1 person per cart though.

The course I played at the other day had a lot of foursomes out, but only 1 person per cart. A lot of the foursomes didn’t seem like they were all household members...close friends at best.

I have been playing often in VA straight thru this situation....most courses are no bunker rakes and foam in cup. Otherwise business as usual. Many have single carts if that is what you want, but it's not mandatory....So riddle me this....why is it like this in VA and not elsewhere? In 3 weeks I have a trip to NJ to play 4 fabulous courses...We still have not been advised that the trip will be formally done. Have to wait another week for confirmation....

Such may be but it sounds like crap to me. I get that several states weren't even golf ready until a few weeks ago due to weather and all but come on. Golfers get onto the course and they're punched? That's insult being added to injury.

I have been playing often in VA straight thru this situation....most courses are no bunker rakes and foam in cup. Otherwise business as usual. Many have single carts if that is what you want, but it's not mandatory....So riddle me this....why is it like this in VA and not elsewhere? In 3 weeks I have a trip to NJ to play 4 fabulous courses...We still have not been advised that the trip will be formally done. Have to wait another week for confirmation....

what 4 courses are you playing? Right now it’s 2 somes with individual carts.

what 4 courses are you playing? Right now it’s 2 somes with individual carts.
The outing was pushed back to early August...Playing Galloway, Hidden Creek twice. Hollywood, Hamilton Farm

The outing was pushed back to early August...Playing Galloway, Hidden Creek twice. Hollywood, Hamilton Farm

That's a hell of an outing. Say hi to Bova for me at HF.

Based on his site he still is one
Good to hear. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Nick and I like a lot of things GG teaches due to some back and shoulder issues. Been thinking of trying to get down to see him for a few lessons if I ever find the time.

Back