TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Ready to get the fake Ventus out and plug in this LINQ blue
It cant be "fake" it says Ventus on it and came from a reputable source.

Seriously TM and Fujikura call it something else. Say it's based on the Ventus profile or something but this just felt scummy. At least previous times it had a different number on it so while close it was obvious at quick glance

The Sim Ti 5 wood has produced tee shots and fairway shots I’ve never managed to hit before. Thats a positive statement btw. Very, very good club with the right shaft in it. I didn’t care for the stock shaft at ALL!

It cant be "fake" it says Ventus on it and came from a reputable source.

Seriously TM and Fujikura call it something else. Say it's based on the Ventus profile or something but this just felt scummy. At least previous times it had a different number on it so while close it was obvious at quick glance
It’s funny to me, and sadly expected.

That said. There are too many superlatives out there about the woods for me to ignore it. Little chat with friend of THP Chandler from TM R&D lead me to the Max 3.

Head has been pulled. Time to trim the LINQ Blue. 🔥

I'm with you on the looks too, @Jman . They get better from above with every new version.

On the actual performance side - I've had my 3W out a couple times now and it is exactly what I set it up for and hoped it would be. In calm conditions it can nearly replace my driver. Straight bombs. Sound as always is unique to them, but I like it. I can't work my setup (15* SIM - Hzrdus black 75 6.0) quite like I can my Mavrik combo, but I didn't plan to, and the SIM is longer. I think I might put a Riptide 70S on it just to do an exact side to side comparison, but I got exactly what I thought I would.

I'm with you on the looks too, @Jman . They get better from above with every new version.

On the actual performance side - I've had my 3W out a couple times now and it is exactly what I set it up for and hoped it would be. In calm conditions it can nearly replace my driver. Straight bombs. Sound as always is unique to them, but I like it. I can't work my setup (15* SIM - Hzrdus black 75 6.0) quite like I can my Mavrik combo, but I didn't plan to, and the SIM is longer. I think I might put a Riptide 70S on it just to do an exact side to side comparison, but I got exactly what I thought I would.
I like my Mav Max 3+, but I’m not all in confident and comfortable.

There is something about TM fairways that are always really really good for me. Though if this doesn’t work, the OG One is coming back haha.

The sim fairways are super good. I am toying with the idea of a sim 5 would that is cut a little short and kind of a power 7 wood. I guess call it a 6 wood??

The sim fairways are super good. I am toying with the idea of a sim 5 would that is cut a little short and kind of a power 7 wood. I guess call it a 6 wood??
I’m excited to spend time with it. Loved the M5 last year until the OG took my heart. M6 was fun until it caved in.

That's a nice looking club from the topside.

I know they’re not all that buzz generating around here at the moment, but I don’t think anyone is making a better looking club at address. My opinion of course.

View attachment 8943160

Wait, so the Max has a fixed hosel?

Yup. Just like the M6 last year.
Yeah. I guess I just didn't think about it. Never actually handled one of the Max's so I didn't notice.

Yeah. I guess I just didn't think about it. Never actually handled one of the Max's so I didn't notice.
I have to admit, I like it. I feel the same way about the Mav Max and TEE EXS 220 fairways I have that are bonded.

Great view from the top. The carbon fiber is awesome. And the face looks good too. Nice color combination. The sole looks like it was taken form a Dodge Polara or something...:LOL: even though it;s not seen at address it's still there. I'd game the club don't get me wrong if it was free because I couldn't afford it.(y)
Will look better with this in it

D244C9FA-E164-4ECB-B793-D40847C08232.jpeg6C45A0CB-FAC6-4006-B1A9-DFB270DAD9C1.jpeg

It’ll be all @Canadan blue.

I would still call it a 5 wood cause that's what I do with my 5 woods.

@Jman
They’re pretty slick. Im impressed in hand.
View attachment 8943268View attachment 8943277
View attachment 8943269View attachment 8943278View attachment 8943270View attachment 8943279

They're really not that different, visually. Just a little elongated on the Max. That little weight on the regular weighs almost nothing too. I'd love to see a 3D of where the CG is on both of them.
Love the look of the Ti as well. I know the M5 Ti was a ton of fun to play, I’m sure that one is too. The Vsteel sole is a big reason I went Max, that and my guy Chandler nudged me this direction.

The feel/sound of the Sim Ti is improved over the M5. I had the M5 3 wood and it was very good, but left me wanting a bit better sound/feel. Had a thud like feel to me. The Sim Ti has more of a powerful acoustic to it. It is also very low spin, which is why I went with the 5 wood. I’m playing it at 42.5” ober length, as if it were a 4 wood.
Just a spectacular club tbh. I really have hit some fantastic shots that I normally struggle with being a shallow attack, low spin guy.

Lastly, I want to point out that the shaft is soooo key for me. With the stock shaft, i could not hit the club consistently. Luckily (and why I bought the club) I had two great shafts to test in it. I settled on the 80g. I would implore guys to consider or demo heavier fw shafts if you can. The extra weight has been sort of a revelation for me. Tbh, I’d love to try a steel shaft for fun.

The feel/sound of the Sim Ti is improved over the M5. I had the M5 3 wood and it was very good, but left me wanting a bit better sound/feel. Had a thud like feel to me. The Sim Ti has more of a powerful acoustic to it. It is also very low spin, which is why I went with the 5 wood. I’m playing it at 42.5” ober length, as if it were a 4 wood.
Just a spectacular club tbh. I really have hit some fantastic shots that I normally struggle with being a shallow attack, low spin guy.

Lastly, I want to point out that the shaft is soooo key for me. With the stock shaft, i could not hit the club consistently. Luckily (and why I bought the club) I had two great shafts to test in it. I settled on the 80g. I would implore guys to consider or demo heavier fw shafts if you can. The extra weight has been sort of a revelation for me. Tbh, I’d love to try a steel shaft for fun.
I have to admit, I think the steel shaft trend on some social accts in fairways and even drivers now is pretty dumb. There’s a reason we moved on from that.

I’m shocked the faux Ventus didn’t work for you. Lol

The SIM Ti is an absolute monster on ball speed. I loved my m6 3w all last year and it was extremely consistent for everything I wanted it to do.... The SIM has given me an extra 3mph. Its crazy long.... Ive gotten this to driver speeds a few times. Im even considering going down to a 5w bc the 3w is sooooo long

Love the look, sound, and feel of the SIM line this year

New clubs, new swing, getting out today with the SIM Max 3W with a Mitsubishi AV Blue 65 shaft in it. Hope it goes well :)

New clubs, new swing, getting out today with the SIM Max 3W with a Mitsubishi AV Blue 65 shaft in it. Hope it goes well :)
Looking forward to your thoughts!

Back