CONTEST The Grandmama: Win A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

Some fantastic entries in here. Keep them coming. The Grandmama is a (likely) once in a lifetime experience!

Last year I was fitted to the TP5x, which I played last year. This year someone tossed me a Callaway Super Soft, and I haven't noticed a lot of difference in my score. Yes ,Ive lost some distance, but the scoring is about the same. I think I'm switching to the Callaway.

Also my balls are white, round and they have cute dimples. I might post a pic later after I clean them.

Thanks for the opportunity Callaway and THP!

Entry:

My ball is the new 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft. It took one round to see that this ball was the best for my game. I gamed the 2019 CSX TT until I played this ball! I made the switch because I got asked the question of why wouldn't I switch because I could be leaving performance out if this ball was best for my game. It's firm, but low spinning and strait rockets off the tee, soft off the putter and has amazing greenside spin! It has it all and who doesn't want it all?!?!

The most important aspects of a ball is consistent, predictable performance followed closely by value and durability. My ball stands out in the latter characteristics coming in well below comparable offerings. But price does not matter if you need that extra distance or stopping power. My ball is consistently 5-10 yards longer and stops on greens like a fat kid at a snack bar. If you need fancy designs or lines to play this game, let me introduce you to my friend sharpie. Know your balls. Respect your balls.

My official entry:

CSX TT:
Triple Track was a primary reason for trying these. I line up putts with a line on the ball, then putter to that line. TT helped me align better than any line, while also being useful on a tee. As a person that fights low spin with moderate speed with irons I sensed an uptick in distance and stopping power over its CS siblings. Off driver it was a little lower launching. Saw again increased distance but struggled slightly with control, probably due to my moderate swing speed. Short shots were precise. Feel was firm, but not unpleasant.

I recently played the ERC Soft from Callaway. The main reason I played it was for the Triple Track Technology. It matched up well with my putter, the Triple Track 10. The alignment technology really does make a difference. Callaway claims that it is their longest golf ball and based on a few of the drives I hit, they are right. I did not have a very good approach game so I can’t comment on the ball holding greens, but I’m not too worried. Dare I say, it may be a better ball, dollar for dollar, than the Chrome Soft.

Some interesting stuff in here so far everybody.

Here it goes:

What can I say? My ball loves adventure! It especially loves spending time in the woods, at the beach, and in the water. That short grass stuff just won’t do for my ball. My ball has also been known to play hide and seek. And sometimes it wanders off never to return. But I take solace in the fact that it is never truly lost, it’s just on another adventure!

If you found a ball, a ball that you knew the name of but haven’t played before would you try it? If you have been fit by other manufacturers and thought that was the best ball for you, would you still try it? I found a ball that I knew the name of and tried it. Even though I had been fit by another manufacturer to a ball that was best suited for me. I might have just tried a ball that is better for me without knowing it. The Chrome Soft TT. What do you have to lose?

All I could think of the other night was getting the CMP crew to add green screen effects to jazz up the presentation.

Thanks for this amazing opportunity!

Here is my official entry:

Handicap: 10.7

Swing Speed: 110+

Typical Ball Flight: High Cut

The ball I play now works for me because I can compress it with ease and it generates fantastic distance. Off the tee, I notice it has no issues getting height and it helps eliminate unnecessary spin which otherwise could cost me a fairway or even a ball. Iron play the ball rises fantastically and lands softly helping me judge my distance control even better. Around the greens this ball shins as I can play many shots that help me get it close. You should try this ball too!

How is this only at 5 pages so far?
Lets get those entries in guys!!!!

Official entry:

2020 CSX TT - TT carried over from 2019 ERC and CSX...don’t tell USGA, they will want to outlaw...it’s cheating?

CSX does everything you want, which is all it NEEDS to do.

Long Driver-CHECK
Consistent Approach-CHECK
Greenside Spin-CHECK
Great Feel-CHECK

Am I’m wrong and why?

END Official Entry

Official Entry is only 50 words...saving the other 50 for some back forth about my ball. What you got?

Last edited:
I know have 0 chance of being selected but cmon guys! How can you not shoot your shot for this event. Callaway and THP combo is amazing! How can you pass up hanging with @JasonFinleyCG @jeffneubarth the rest of the ZooCrew and @JB ! Get those entries in...this is a once in a lifetime experience!

1 piece of advise...don’t miss the bus!

I know have 0 chance of being selected but cmon guys! How can you not shoot your shot for this event. Callaway and THP combo is amazing! How can you pass up hanging with @JasonFinleyCG @jeffneubarth the rest of the ZooCrew and @JB ! Get those entries in...this is a once in a lifetime experience!

1 piece of advise...don’t miss the bus!
Everyone's got a chance man, but I do agree, you got to be in it to win it!!!

Surprised at the amount of entries, but I bet this grows really fast over the next few days. Who wouldn’t wish to be in this. It’s an early Christmas gift that will keep giving for many years to come after.

Everyone's got a chance man, but I do agree, you got to be in it to win it!!!

I agree 100. Only saying that because I was in GD last year and odds of lightning striking twice are slim!

Surprised at the amount of entries, but I bet this grows really fast over the next few days. Who wouldn’t wish to be in this. It’s an early Christmas gift that will keep giving for many years to come after.

I sure hope you are right! Both you and I know how special an event like this is!

I agree 100. Only saying that because I was in GD last year and odds of lightning striking twice are slim!

But often that guy that gets hit by lightning gets struck more than once in his lifetime lol.

Official Entry:
Is my gamer for you? In 2020 most balls are competitive with the driver and therefore, given players of similar swing speeds, will not help with the current social distancing requirements. Every ball offers high speed/low spin these days. My ball offers something the others can’t. Social distancing on the green! Maintaining separation between players is the new normal. While my opponents are playing safe aiming at the center of the green, I can fire at every pin because I know my ball offers consistent flight and spin performance which will help me maintain separation from my opponents where it counts! Closer to the hole!

With zero international travel at the moment and no idea when it will return plus 14 day quarantine upon return to Canada, I think it be best to pass on the 2020 contests and let someone domestic have a shot. Good luck everyone.

Ok...entry....start counting.

I impart a lot of spin and am always looking for a low spinning ball. I think I've found one but there's so many that fit that profile. That said, one constant regardless of what I use - a line. A solid putting line to help alignment. I've stopped doing this the last few rounds out of laziness (also with covid cups and flags, I just don't care). But the absence of that routine has affected my putting for the worst. I have not tried triple track but really want to. If one line is good, 3 has to be great.

Official Entry:
Fit into ProV1x years ago, I routinely order their 4 for 3 deal with free customization. I stretch that inventory about 1.5 seasons.

My latest order is not scheduled to ship (🖕COVID), so I will need to buy a few sleeves soon.

I am inclined to stick with the “play 1 ball exclusively” mantra, and with 4dz on order, I am pretty much pot committed for the season.

If you had to buy just a sleeve or 2 in this circumstance, what would you do? Mix it up with CS Triple Track? Dabble with some REACTIV cover technology?

WWFD?

Last edited:
With zero international travel at the moment and no idea when it will return plus 14 day quarantine upon return to Canada, I think it be best to pass on the 2020 contests and let someone domestic have a shot. Good luck everyone.
I don’t know Jimmy. Event’s in December. Go for it!

Official Entry:
Fit into ProV1x years ago, I routinely order their 4 for 3 deal with free customization. I stretch that inventory about 1.5 seasons.

My latest order is not scheduled to ship (🖕COVID), so I will need to buy a few sleeves soon.

I am inclined to stick with the “play 1 ball exclusively” mantra, and with 4dz on order, I am pretty much pot committed for the season.

If you had to buy just a sleeve or 2 in this circumstance, what would you do? Mix it up with CS Triple Track? Dabble with some REACTIV cover technology?

WWFD?
Copout answer- Both? If you have the opportunity, I’d grab a sleeve of each and see what your likes/dislikes are for each.

Back