Video Range Days: Breaking Down Mizuno MP 20 Irons

Always like to see the range days you guys do! The MB are hands down my favorite clubs to look at. Maybe someday i will be able to play them lol

Clearly these irons work for @Canadan well most probably do BUT Mizuno's are known for feel...you have said the Cobra Forged Tec are some of the best you've hit. Can you compare and if you had to say which one is better...which one wins in the feel dept?
Which am I comparing the Cobra's to?
And am I comparing King forged tec or forged tec?

his skills will be predominately verbal this year. If this continues to expand and grow, who knows what the future brings!
@Jman did he just say your swing is not fit for tv?
Which am I comparing the Cobra's to?
And am I comparing King forged tec or forged tec?
HMB to new FT

In a sentence, if you are around a 10 HCP, How do you decide between MMC/HMB/919T/919F/919HMP?
keep an open mind.

Seriously though, it's SO subjective. There are big benefits to each head noted - Personally I wanted nothing to do with the 919 tours or the hot metals as a personal preference, but would absolutely gravitate towards others in that lineup like the Forged and the HMPs. It's a combination of sound tolerance/preference and results.

Also, what's your miss with an iron? Is it something that can be supported by forgiveness? That would push more towards the HMP side of the spectrum.

@Jman did he just say your swing is not fit for tv?
nooooo

HMB to new FT
Personally? Probably KFT but I have almost no on course experience with HMB. It's a great head and I've enjoyed every encounter I'd have with it - the reality is though, if I'm bagging a set of Mizuno irons it's going to be the MB based on what I experienced.

nooooo

Personally? Probably KFT but I have almost no on course experience with HMB. It's a great head and I've enjoyed every encounter I'd have with it - the reality is though, if I'm bagging a set of Mizuno irons it's going to be the MB based on what I experienced.
Haha just having some fun. I haven’t hit the HMB but have heard so many good things I was just curious

"Sorry I tried to miss but just kept hitting the dead center of the face"

Loved the video and info though. this whole series is fun.

Haha just having some fun. I haven’t hit the HMB but have heard so many good things I was just curious
yeah, it's kind of an interesting bird, and not in a bad way. Actually works incredibly well for the blended features of MP20.

yeah, it's kind of an interesting bird, and not in a bad way. Actually works incredibly well for the blended features of MP20.
The HMB are the hollow body that don’t act like a hollow body at all, at times. They spin a little, they blend, and they’re not going to put off very many people.

The HMB are the hollow body that don’t act like a hollow body at all, at times. They spin a little, they blend, and they’re not going to put off very many people.

This is a good way to put it. I do think while other companies have gone to adding certain things to the interior to replicate a certain sound/feel, Mizuno has done a more traditional thing. I know some really like it and some prefer those with foam, glass, etc.

This is a good way to put it. I do think while other companies have gone to adding certain things to the interior to replicate a certain sound/feel, Mizuno has done a more traditional thing. I know some really like it and some prefer those with foam, glass, etc.
It’s wild how far and how fast the hollow designs have evolved, and not just that, but the breadth of different goals across the different manufacturers

An aside. JPX919 has big discounts right now and an update is generally expected this year. Yes, I listened to the discussion jb. 👍 Anyway, I will be watching closely for that release. No slight to amazing, lovely mp-20. JPX919 lineup is looking really, really, really tempting at this pricing. If I was replacing mp-18, a combo with Tour would be a good possibility. But since I am hanging tight to those — I like getting punished on misses 🙄 — I could see a Forged or HMP set join the family. Either would be fun to game and compare. I will soon have an extra bag and no sense leaving it empty.😎

Finally had time to watch this today.

Great job gentlemen! You guys gave a ton of insight here. Glad to have both of you in the community.

@Canadan
@Jman

Thanks to everybody that tuned into this one.
Just finished editing the next edition for next week.

I enjoyed the conversation on MP 20.

Tomorrow is the next chapter of Range Days hitting both THP TV and THP Radio.

CD05413A-F634-435E-9388-1C002D77B9F8.jpeg847C1C5E-26C7-4970-86D1-560626FDAC52.jpeg
So pretty!!!

Those copper MP20s are among the nicest clubs I've ever seen.

@PKorf Hopefully you watched this.

Back