What did you shoot today?

Possibly my mouth off, I’d need to chevk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44/38. Literally ran from the parking lot to the first tee. I got to the box and my buddies said, "we have a few minutes, take a deep breath". Let's go. I stripped it down the middle and a guy in the group behind joked about trunk slappers. Pulled tee shot on #2 into the drink and took a triple. Really happy with +2 on the back 9. That's been a tough slog for me lately. Thrilled to be hitting my Titleist T200 irons well again after a cold/wind-induced slump.

I think I might need to play the lottery as I have never had a hot streak like this before. Had a 79 today. I guess I need to enjoy it as much as possible and just ride it out.

47/43 = 90. It felt so much uglier than that. 90 isn't a great score for me, but when I added it up I was actually surprised and relieved that it wasn't higher than that.

9 over for a 45 on the front 9...didn't have time for the back 9 :(

101 so 5 over my handicap but 1st round since lockdown. Set off like a race horse with a par & a birdie but then the wheels came off a little. Clear that there is plenty of rust to knock off the swing.

Attachments

• F7A7D6C0-E0D6-4BE4-A12D-F7949450D7C5.png
    F7A7D6C0-E0D6-4BE4-A12D-F7949450D7C5.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
101 so 5 over my handicap but 1st round since lockdown. Set off like a race horse with a par & a birdie but then the wheels came off a little. Clear that there is plenty of rust to knock off the swing.
Oh the wonderful lockdown rust. It’s a true pain in the ass to knock off. Keep on though!(y)

⬆ Nice finish! ⬆

43-40-83. The ball striking wasn't great today but the putter felt great and saved a few strokes so can't be too upset. I did lose my birdie streak again though. Just gotta start a new one next round!

40-45-85. Lost some momentum on the back nine, but had a couple holes with fixable mistakes. First birdie of the year and 33 putts had me feeling better. Put three 3's on the scorecard! Kept the ball in play, but struggled mightily out of the sand.
1589659447429.png

40 / 44 today for 84. Considering I haven't swung a club since last October I was pretty satisfied with that. My first drive found the fairway, and it only took eight holes to bag my first bird of 2020.

Haven't been on here in a while. Golf courses opened back up after being locked down for a month. I actually did not golf for several months because of a broken wrist. I replace a side door on my home and fell down the steps breaking the fall with my hand. Breaking the wrist bone in the process. In all my years, that was the first broken bone I've ever had.

I was healed, went to the range a couple times. Felt ok. Ready to golf. Then the lockdown happened. The course opened up a couple weeks ago and I took advantage. Played 5 rounds in the last 2 weeks. Funny thing, the range is closed at my home course so I couldn't hit any warmups. I think I will be doing that from now on. I've been scoring in the upper 90's and low 100's before the injury.

First round after the long layoff was a 99. Surprised it wasn't worse being away from the course for so long. Each round got incrementally better. The 5 rounds since re-opening were 99, 97,94, 91 and finally an 89 this morning. All 5 were without hitting any balls to warm up. I think I was leaving part of my game at the range before. I seem to be doing much better in the final holes. Holes 16, 17 and 18 have been no worse than bogey in the last 3 rounds. I finished with 3 straight pars today. Hitting all 3 greens in regulation. A par 5, par 3 and par 4 on the last hole.

Pretty happy with my overall game since returning. I hope I'm on my way to being a steady bogey golfer. That is pretty much all I'm asking for with my game. I'd be content with that.

I played a new course, Cherokee Valley, about an hour from home. It was a nice track but the greens need work. Looked like they had a fungus issue.

I went 41/42 for 83. I had 2 triples and a double. 31 putts. I only converted 1 of 7 chances at birdie. I had a good day with the driver - 8 FWs hit and 3 others missed by just a couple of feet.

a very fun day.

20200516_154811.jpg

Not a lot of excitement, but that's probably good for me. A lot of long birdie putts and easy up and downs from the fringe. I think that's 6 or 7 straight under par rounds, but the ones at courses like this definitely feel better.

Only downside was my buddy having a rough go again. I seriously need to get him to join THP for some exposure to different players/stories/struggles. For a guy who was scratch not long ago his iron game is an absolute mess. Even if he could sort it out physically the mental part has reached nightmare levels. Tough to watch.

80 (41/39). Short game was not on today. Pulled 3 3-foot putts left. Left several chips short. 1 birdie -- kept a little streak going there.

Lovely sunny, warm day. Course was exploding with people. Played with a nice couple and a buddy. The couple is a member at a private course I have only played once. We will likely play there with them next weekend. That was a nice outcome.

38 - 37 - 75. Same score breakdown as yesterday with 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogies and 1 double. Ball striking was overall better than yesterday but putting let me a down with 3 pushed putts that I should have drained.

41/44 - 85 7 bogies, 7 Pars, and 1 birdie (on a tough nasty hole with a shelfed green too). Real happy with this as it was a league game today. So far two great league games. I hope I can keep it up. It was stinking hot and humid though and hardly no wind blew at all. Felt like wet hot dish rag at times.

42-41. Tough target-golf type course. Feast or famine kind of a day. Lots of birdie chances on the good holes ( only 1 for the day ) and 2 double and a triple bogey.

40-41=81 Driver came around at the end and started hitting fairways. Irons where pretty good. Around the greens was so-so, and the putter was cold with 31 putts. I used the TT Double Wide to day and it will be relegated to the back up bag. Much more comfortable with the TT Ten or the Chicago.

Back