I honestly don’t remember ever seeing any Davis logo balls. If I had one, I would be happy to donate it to your collection.
If you're ever digging in the trees and you find one, pick it up for me ;)

Played a quick nine at Davis this morning. Weather was perfect by the 8th hole. Unfortunately I played so poorly that I felt I needed to keep my clubs in my car to play another round tonight or tomorrow morning to redeem myself!

took friday off and playing Meadow Brooks in the am and gardening in the afternoon. Saturday is a repeat . Sunday is Mothers day, so wait till wife is distracted and slip out the back door. What ? Sh'es not my Mother.

Got 62 rounds in this year.

Saturday May 16th Murray Parkway. Got two to play. I'll get a tee time. Tenputt, does 10am ish work for you ? I'll book for a foursome when I get the green ligh.

Anybody else want to play ?

Saturday May 16th Murray Parkway. Got two to play. I'll get a tee time. Tenputt, does 10am ish work for you ? I'll book for a foursome when I get the green ligh.

I'm out. Got the call that my father in law will need help on his deck on Saturday. He's helped me a lot with my projects around the house so I need to help where/when I can on his projects. Count me in for next time.

Got a tee time at Murray Parkway at 10:58am on Saturday, May 16th. Need two more. Going once....

Hey everyone, I've got my normal foursome going out it looks like the 22nd of this month. With this foursome when I typically have to take a day off work we sort of like to play courses a bit out of the way or courses that we aren't able to easily play (Davis, valley view, bountiful, etc). Some of the courses we have played

Thanksgiving Point
Round Valley
Mount Ogden
Palisades
Sand Hollow

I guess the best way of explaining what I'm looking for is what course should we play next week that allows for maybe 1-1.5 hours of travel, but also is fun to play and has some great views. Like I have said in the past, Hobble Creek comes to mind but I'm wondering if I'm overlooking some great courses. Any suggestions?

p.s. this was my 500th post, glad it was in one of my favorite THP threads!

Couple to mind:

Toana Vista in Wendover
The Links at Overlake in Erda
South Mountain in Draper

Yes, that works for me. Are you setting it up for riding or walking? I would prefer to walk, but either is fine.

Hey everyone, I've got my normal foursome going out it looks like the 22nd of this month. With this foursome when I typically have to take a day off work we sort of like to play courses a bit out of the way or courses that we aren't able to easily play (Davis, valley view, bountiful, etc). Some of the courses we have played

Thanksgiving Point
Round Valley
Mount Ogden
Palisades
Sand Hollow

I guess the best way of explaining what I'm looking for is what course should we play next week that allows for maybe 1-1.5 hours of travel, but also is fun to play and has some great views. Like I have said in the past, Hobble Creek comes to mind but I'm wondering if I'm overlooking some great courses. Any suggestions?

p.s. this was my 500th post, glad it was in one of my favorite THP threads!

Wasatch in Midway would fit the bill. it is a fun course (there are two.)

Yes, that works for me. Are you setting it up for riding or walking? I would prefer to walk, but either is fine.
Yes to walk. Anybody else ? I can probably get two friends (not THPers) to play, but want to meet some new folks

got one, but he is a doctor and on call so he never knows till last minute. Tenputt, reservation is under Lancaster.

got one, but he is a doctor and on call so he never knows till last minute. Tenputt, reservation is under Lancaster.
Got a foursome together. Look forward to meeting you Tenputt. You and the doctor will probably play from the blues. Me and my other friend are 18 handicaps so we belong on the white tees. My GIR from the blues is....zero. From the whites, might hit 5-6 greens.

Wanted to give a shoutout to Uinta in Sandy. I picked up another Titleist Hybrid due to the fact that I fell in love with my 2H. The hybrid I picked up from Utah golf classifieds on Facebook had a Project X Evenflow blue which I use to love the shaft but when I got my frist Hybrid it had the Fuji Atmos blue and I absolutely love how it feels. So I took the hybrids in to have the GP MCC+4's put on like I have on my irons and as I waited I went back to the used section, because I'm on a budget, and found another Titleist 818 with the Atmos blue shaft in my flex. The employee had already replaced my grips when I asked if they ever look at switching shafts from their used to a customer's club. I explained the situation, he looked at it and said, "Yeah we could do that." I went back, grabbed the club, he pulled my recently placed grip off put it on the Fuji shaft and switched the shafts, in total it cost me $15. Now I could quite possibly have traded in a Evenflow shaft for a lesser shaft, but where I don't have a lot of knowledge about that stuff, I did it anyway because I like how the Fuji feels, but that is beyond the point. The point is we have some great golf shops here in Utah with some awesome employee's! The times I have purchased from the Sandy Uinta they have been super helpful and awesome to work with! Talking with the employee, I asked if he is happy to be back working, as he seems to be in his early twenties and he informed me that he is happy to be back but it has been crazy busy as Uinta wasn't able to bring all their employee's back. I know its sometimes tempting to look for the cheapest option but I personally feel as though we should try and do our best to support our shops here in Utah.

Wanted to give a shoutout to Uinta in Sandy. I picked up another Titleist Hybrid due to the fact that I fell in love with my 2H. The hybrid I picked up from Utah golf classifieds on Facebook had a Project X Evenflow blue which I use to love the shaft but when I got my frist Hybrid it had the Fuji Atmos blue and I absolutely love how it feels. So I took the hybrids in to have the GP MCC+4's put on like I have on my irons and as I waited I went back to the used section, because I'm on a budget, and found another Titleist 818 with the Atmos blue shaft in my flex. The employee had already replaced my grips when I asked if they ever look at switching shafts from their used to a customer's club. I explained the situation, he looked at it and said, "Yeah we could do that." I went back, grabbed the club, he pulled my recently placed grip off put it on the Fuji shaft and switched the shafts, in total it cost me $15. Now I could quite possibly have traded in a Evenflow shaft for a lesser shaft, but where I don't have a lot of knowledge about that stuff, I did it anyway because I like how the Fuji feels, but that is beyond the point. The point is we have some great golf shops here in Utah with some awesome employee's! The times I have purchased from the Sandy Uinta they have been super helpful and awesome to work with! Talking with the employee, I asked if he is happy to be back working, as he seems to be in his early twenties and he informed me that he is happy to be back but it has been crazy busy as Uinta wasn't able to bring all their employee's back. I know its sometimes tempting to look for the cheapest option but I personally feel as though we should try and do our best to support our shops here in Utah.

Uinta is great and always has been. I know folks in all three stores in Salt Lake and Davis Counties. They will bend over backwards to try to help you.

Uinta is great and always has been. I know folks in all three stores in Salt Lake and Davis Counties. They will bend over backwards to try to help you.

I love going in those stores when I am in the area. They have the best used sections in all of golf retail.. I have come out with some sweet finds!!

I love going in those stores when I am in the area. They have the best used sections in all of golf retail.. I have come out with some sweet finds!!
Agreed. I traded in my M1 and came out with an Epic Flash. The credit they gave me for my M1 was the amount I originally paid for it. Working within 5 miles from the Sandy store has been a real joy for me whether it is going in and swinging for a 20-30 minutes or picking up some new gear. It hasn't been great to my golf budget though :rolleyes:

Agreed. I traded in my M1 and came out with an Epic Flash. The credit they gave me for my M1 was the amount I originally paid for it. Working within 5 miles from the Sandy store has been a real joy for me whether it is going in and swinging for a 20-30 minutes or picking up some new gear. It hasn't been great to my golf budget though :rolleyes:

Interesting.. My sister in law lives right around the corner from that store. While her and my wife chit chat. I will run down there and look through things.. Great store.

Interesting.. My sister in law lives right around the corner from that store. While her and my wife chit chat. I will run down there and look through things.. Great store.

It’s also interesting that the area is able to support both that Uinta and a PGA Superstore that is just up the road, both with plenty of merchandise.

It’s also interesting that the area is able to support both that Uinta and a PGA Superstore that is just up the road, both with plenty of merchandise.

That because going to the PGA superstore there (which I have) is like going to a walmart VS. going to your fav mom and pop shop with people that work there that are friends to almost family.

You need a walmart for the convenience and huge inventory. But you really do not want to go there, but some times you just need a shirt, or a box of balls etc. You go to Uinta to visit talk golf, etc.

In this case I actually prefer Uinta over PGA Superstore. I've been in the PGA twice and didn't get great service. When I bought my odyssey 2-ball the only one the PGA had was all scratched up so I drove over to Uinta and they had one in mint condition. Pretty much from that day on I always go to Uinta over the PGA.

In this case I actually prefer Uinta over PGA Superstore. I've been in the PGA twice and didn't get great service. When I bought my odyssey 2-ball the only one the PGA had was all scratched up so I drove over to Uinta and they had one in mint condition. Pretty much from that day on I always go to Uinta over the PGA.

I have actually had good experiences at both stores. One of the differences, which can be good or bad, depending on one’s point of view, is that Uinta’s sales people are commissioned. PGA Superstore’s are not. I think that the Uinta sales people tend to be more helpful. Uinta is much better with trade-ins. PGA Superstore has a wider inventory of new products.

It was a good time at Murray with Tenputt. He is a very good golfer, me ? I struggled. Tenputt, I played again today and found my stroke posting a 48/39 in windy conditions.

Had a tee time at the Wasatch Mountain course for this coming weekend but the fire in the area was enough for me to switch courses to The Barn up in Pleasant View. I’m not sure how close to the course the fire was but being someone with asthma on top of MISERABLE allergies, didn’t wanna battle those brought on by smoke on top of the course.

On a side note. I would love to get some knowledge from those who play the Salt Lake courses. I keep wanting to schedule a weekday single first out before I have to go into work. Is the best way to do so just calling? I know it comes across as a bit snooty but having to be to work by 8 makes getting paired up with someone a bit tough due to pace of play. I noticed with Bonneville you can only book a time if there is another group of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a good time at Murray with Tenputt. He is a very good golfer, me ? I struggled. Tenputt, I played again today and found my stroke posting a 48/39 in windy conditions.
Nice! It was very windy today, so that is good shooting, buddy.

Back