Best Golf Tip For You?

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A lot of times, there are huge changes needed in mechanics and technique to really start seeing progress. Other times, a small tweak can change things pretty significantly.

For me, it's a tip I received recently from a buddy of mine who shoots low regularly and it was really simple. Keep my weight on the inside of my trail foot in the backswing. It allows me to feel all of the tension and then puts me in an athletic position to turn in the transition. I've recently seen a marked difference in consistency of strike with nearly every club, including wedges.

What golf tip has made a big difference for you?

This past winter my wife and I went to a simulator. She sent a picture of my swing to a family group text and my mom commented on the lovely bend in my left arm... as insulted as I was, it was a quick fix to get my swing back in line.

I just feel like I’m throwing the club to the target with my trail hand. Like a sidearm throw while bent over. The ball just gets in the way.

It’s the same feeling for chips and pitches. If I want to fly it high and land soft I feel like I’m tossing the ball up to my landing area.

It works for me when putting as well, only I feel like I’m using my trail hand to roll the ball to the hole rather than toss or throw it.

Hitting down on my irons, not scooping as much. Really changed how I hit my irons, and now they are so much more accurate and I love hitting them. It has allowed me to find the center of the face on a much more consistent basis. IMO, there's nothing better than a pured iron shot, so this has helped in so many ways, because now I have confidence I didn't have before in my irons.

I have gotten a lot of great tips, but I guess the best tip I ever got was to relax.

Best tip ever for me - take alignment sticks with you to the range.

Got it recently and it's improved quite a few areas of my game... all about keeping my right shoulder low and not raising up. When I do it, ball travels down my intended path. When I don't it's hard telling.

I have a pre shot checklist that i look at.

2 tips that ive worked on in the last couple months, 1 overlap grip, 2 open my body a little when chipping, this helps me take the club back straight from the target and throw the club straight to my target.

Someone told me once there's a reason why they call it a golf swing and not a golf hit.

A lot of times, there are huge changes needed in mechanics and technique to really start seeing progress. Other times, a small tweak can change things pretty significantly.

For me, it's a tip I received recently from a buddy of mine who shoots low regularly and it was really simple. Keep my weight on the inside of my trail foot in the backswing. It allows me to feel all of the tension and then puts me in an athletic position to turn in the transition. I've recently seen a marked difference in consistency of strike with nearly every club, including wedges.

What golf tip has made a big difference for you?
I was just about to post a similar thread... for me it wasn't a single tip but a the application of two ideas that people have been trying to get me to try. I had done them both separately but never together. When they went together, ball stay in play.

While in the bunker a playing partner said open your wedge up, more, more, more, more! Have never had an issue with sand ever since.

Only tip I go back to consistently is 'quit trying to kill the ball'. Especially after layoffs, I have a tendency to try and swing too hard. If I dial it back just a touch, the results are oh so much better.

Pretty much everything else is me just going back to the basics that I learned with my coach when things go sideways.

I was taught at the very beginning that club head path, and ball impact position were pretty darn important.

I was taught these two swing issues by standing in the center of a Hula Hoop of all things.

That the curvature of the Hula Hoop in front of me (sort of) resembled what the club head path should be like into impact of the ball. That by keeping the club head on the correct path into the ball, this made other body parts work correctly. No casting and it's related problems as an example.

The best golf tip that Ive ever recieved is to stop listening to golf tips.

Best tip was to stay relaxed.

"You've got to hit down to make the ball go up" - a reminder to not try to help the ball into the air. Shift your weight and make ball first contact.

Too many to count - I can't even go into tip threads ...

"Have fun."

"Give up the game and take up bocce ball." :ROFLMAO:

In a sand trap, open your stance and club face.

Keep your head down when putting and don’t look up until after the ball is moving. My dad told me that and followed with “You can’t lose a ball on the putting green.”

I trust my line and stroke speed and try to keep my head down and trust the shot. Seems to work pretty well for me.

So so many tips, tweaks, band-aids, thoughts and more to fall back on when things go wrong! One tip I learned long ago was to try the simple things before thinking I need a whole swing revamp.

A slight change in ball position, checking alignment, strengthening or weakening your grip a bit, choking up or down a bit, widening or narrowing your stance... all of these can yield dramatic and immediate results without changing the swing at all.

Back