Will There Be A PGA Show in 2021?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Convention Center packed with people.
It is in January and while it is industry only, it gets a lot of traffic.

Gosh... I have never been, but I sure hope so... And that hope really has less to do with industry product as it does with the state of the world at the point that would still disallow something like that to happen.

I just don't know, based on some other things not restarting yet, I'd say maybe.

Obviously I hope for the best and that it will happen, but my gut is telling me not much will be occurring this winter, including the PGA show.

I think so, but doubt it will be close to as big. Probably more room with less spots, less tickets, etc

In a dark twist the PGA decides to hold it in Wuhan, China as part of their grow the game initiative.

Obviously, it depends where we are with this pandemic at that time. One thing you need to factor in is whether the companies involved would be willing to send their employees and representatives to such a potential mass gathering.

50/50

Why would a big OEM stuck with newly released 2020 product introduce new product in January?

I sure hope so. It was fun trying to keep up with the thread this year and see all of the cool stuff.

I don't see how they can. Not without a vaccine.

I'd be really surprised if there was a full show this year.

Although, I would preemptively load up on as much CBD as I could to make the risk of catching COVID irrelevant.

If sports are back on by then and stadiums are allowing full numbers of fans, then yes.

If there is, are you going to go?

I think this all depends on the 2nd wave if there is one next winter. I am guessing many smaller companies (larger ones as well) will need to have a presence at the PGA Show. However, I think by then many companies will have moved much of their advertising to online and different methods. It would be a shame to many smaller companies and could even be devastating on those that need the advertisement if they cancel.

My gut says they try to have next year but limit the number of people in the building to 50% from what they normally allow yearly. They may extend a day or two to keep crowd levels down.

I think it goes on. I think Georgia, Texas, and Florida will be fully open and back to business well before then regardless of what other states end up doing.

Although, I would preemptively load up on as much CBD as I could to make the risk of catching COVID irrelevant.

I figured with the amount of alcohol you consumed, no virus would be safe anyway.

My guess is that they do have a show, but in a much different way. Fewer booths within the center itself, limitations on the amount of people both invited and within the event spaces at any time, and an expanded outdoor presence at OCN and/or other related open air spaces.

Trade shows I’m connected are saying they are having the show. The earliest is second week of August in Atlanta. Not sure how sales call wearing a mask or going to go.

From what I hear there could be a covid vaccine by fall. Covid will be under control and the show will happen.

Trade shows I’m connected are saying they are having the show. The earliest is second week of August in Atlanta. Not sure how sales call wearing a mask or going to go.

My gut has pointed this way, and then Reed canceled the August show in Vegas.

I sure hope so because otherwise my first would also be my last 😳

That being said unless this craziness is gone by then I doubt it, seems like it was already on the decline

Back