Thinking about investing some money into my game by taking lessons. Has anyone worked with someone they enjoy? I'm up in Farmington but I work down in Sandy so I'm pretty much open to anyone who is decently priced in between those two cities.

I have heard good things about Ryan Holt at River Oaks.

Thinking about investing some money into my game by taking lessons. Has anyone worked with someone they enjoy? I'm up in Farmington but I work down in Sandy so I'm pretty much open to anyone who is decently priced in between those two cities.

I have been working with Alex at Salt Lake Golf Lounge. He has a very good eye.

I have been working with Alex at Salt Lake Golf Lounge. He has a very good eye.
I've chatted with Alex and he seems like a great option. My thing I'm a bit nervous of is hitting off a mat and possibly not getting the best feedback as I feel I hit the ball differently off the mat. I'm a pretty bad wedge player but last week I was at Golf the Round and in their Toptracer bays and my wedge game was on point. Then Thursday I went to Mulligans and just worked on my wedge game at the range on grass and it was back to its mediocre self. So that is why I'm a bit unsure of going to Alex. Great price point though and that may be enough to get me to give it a go.

Also, Played The Barn up in Pleasant View on Friday. I've never played the course and it was a pretty good course for the area. Would I play it again? Probably not due to the fact there was just nothing too memorable that would make me want to make the drive out there. Played some of my best golf on the back nine which was really nice to have as made for some great competition with my playing partners. It was also that much needed confidence boost as my round the week before at Davis was probably one of the worst rounds I could remember.

Anyone know where's the best place to find any local scrambles? My foursome wants to look into getting into some tournament scrambles.

Anyone know where's the best place to find any local scrambles? My foursome wants to look into getting into some tournament scrambles.
uga.org public schedule When it works. Always seems to be a slow website

Hope all my fellow Utahans are doing well. I have taken a good month or so away from golf/THP due to projects around the house and work. Hope everyone is doing well!

sorry not been on much, hoping to do some tournaments and meet ups with this crew...

playing in murray league, and live in SoJo, playing in the golfweek am tour events, happy to play anytime...

Play Tuesday and Thursday at Murray League and Wednesday at Fore Lakes league. I work cleaning carts at River Oaks, so get free golf. Got 112 rounds in this year. Always open to meet and play golf.

Played Hobble creek Friday and the course was in excellent condition. It was a bit slow but still a great course. Played my best round hitting all par 3 GIR. Putter let me down as if it would have been on I would have probably been looking at mid 80’s for the round. The driver was definitely working that day.
ad13f970f321fe4e65e7fb2bb8fd72b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Hobble creek Friday and the course was in excellent condition. It was a bit slow but still a great course. Played my best round hitting all par 3 GIR. Putter let me down as if it would have been on I would have probably been looking at mid 80’s for the round. The driver was definitely working that day.
ad13f970f321fe4e65e7fb2bb8fd72b7.jpg

I need to get down to Hobble Creek. What a fantastic course.

Has anyone played Hideout in Monticello? I have been seeing it pop up here and there in conversations and I’m wondering if it is worth the drive?

Played in the First Tee Tournament at Talons Cove this week. It is to benefit kids golf. Play from sun up to sun down as many holes as you get get in. Ended up playing 57 holes. It was a lot of fun.

If anybody gets out to River Oaks, look me up cleaning carts and come say Hi. Name is David.

Anyone have any thoughts on Copper Rock down in Hurricane?
Max, that's the new one between Sand Hollow and Hurricane. My local pro here has played and liked it enough that he plans to schedule that course as one of the courses we'll play in our winter mens league trip. I haven't played it but he sure enjoyed it. I'll be able to tell you more after the trip the last part of Jan. ;)

M
Max, that's the new one between Sand Hollow and Hurricane. My local pro here has played and liked it enough that he plans to schedule that course as one of the courses we'll play in our winter mens league trip. I haven't played it but he sure enjoyed it. I'll be able to tell you more after the trip the last part of Jan. ;)
My dad wants to take me and my brother in laws golfing down in St. George for my 30th birthday next month. Plan was to play Entrada but we found out that they are closing Entrada for renovations at the end of the month. Where I played Sand Hollow earlier this year and I like to experience different courses I was thinking of playing Copper Rock. So if I do play it, I'll let you know next month if your men's league is making the right choice? Unfortunately where one of my brother in laws will be coming in from Arizona, I think he will want to play Sand Hollow more so I think we will probably end up playing Sand Hollow. Yes, I know putting the word "unfortunately" in a sentence that includes "playing Sand Hollow" doesn't make sense... but I like to play different courses.

Entrada Renovation plan

Has anyone played Hideout in Monticello? I have been seeing it pop up here and there in conversations and I’m wondering if it is worth the drive?

The Hideout is a great Course. I love it, and it's quite inexpensive too. It's target golf on quite a few holes, but just hit that monster 3 wood of yours and you'll be great. Go with some friends and have a great time, lots of deer and wildlife on the course.

M

My dad wants to take me and my brother in laws golfing down in St. George for my 30th birthday next month. Plan was to play Entrada but we found out that they are closing Entrada for renovations at the end of the month. Where I played Sand Hollow earlier this year and I like to experience different courses I was thinking of playing Copper Rock. So if I do play it, I'll let you know next month if your men's league is making the right choice? Unfortunately where one of my brother in laws will be coming in from Arizona, I think he will want to play Sand Hollow more so I think we will probably end up playing Sand Hollow. Yes, I know putting the word "unfortunately" in a sentence that includes "playing Sand Hollow" doesn't make sense... but I like to play different courses.

Entrada Renovation plan

You can't go wrong with Sand Hollow, but if you want something different you can do Sky Mountain there in Hurricane too. That's a fun course with some great views on the back 9 along the cliffs.

The Hideout is a great Course. I love it, and it's quite inexpensive too. It's target golf on quite a few holes, but just hit that monster 3 wood of yours and you'll be great. Go with some friends and have a great time, lots of deer and wildlife on the course.
Hideout is a course that my buddies and I want to play really badly. Unfortunately the 5 hour drive is a bit long.

1603127075341.png

I was thinking "stay in St. George and Play Hideout but....

1603127155961.png

You can't go wrong with Sand Hollow, but if you want something different you can do Sky Mountain there in Hurricane too. That's a fun course with some great views on the back 9 along the cliffs.
You being a savant of St. George golf, what is the deal with their courses? It seems like the back nine is what makes their courses worth the money! Sand Hollow, Sky Mountain, The Ledges, all back nine beauties!

Hideout is a course that my buddies and I want to play really badly. Unfortunately the 5 hour drive is a bit long.

View attachment 8969980

I was thinking "stay in St. George and Play Hideout but....

View attachment 8969981
True, the drive is difficult even for me it's 4 hours. So.....That's the course you play when you stay in Moab for Arches National Park and take a day and play golf. The course in Moab is not near as good as the Hideout.

You being a savant of St. George golf, what is the deal with their courses? It seems like the back nine is what makes their courses worth the money! Sand Hollow, Sky Mountain, The Ledges, all back nine beauties!
So true....Sad but true. Just remember don't just play 9. Not worth the money to just play front 9's

Stay away from Coral Canyon. Worst kept golf course i have ever played on. It was an embarrassment. They take NO pride in that golf course. Used to be a great track

Back