Cut Golf: Real Feedback Real Changes

I, too, experienced the cut cover using one of their balls last year. To be fair, it was a ball that I had found so, I have no idea how much play it had before I found it but it looked to be pretty new. I won't lie, it turned me off on the company.

I also believe in second chances, so I would give them a go. Can't beat the price, that's for sure.

So I Did get a Sleeve of the Cut Grey to try. When compared to the Cut Blue (Left) the Grey does seem exactly that...more grey/off white. To be honest, only noticed when I put them next to each other. Otherwise I wouldn’t have known. What’s interesting here though is that they both use a 314 dimple pattern urethan cover according to the box But the cut Blue being a 4pc and the Cut Grey being a 3pc. Wouldn’t they use essentially the same cover? Or maybe they are and the color discrepency is a manufacturing issue? Again, to me I could care less as I would never notice unless side by side but it is something to note if it relates to cover durability.

765607DC-C131-4ECE-B96A-B9D0E2539EB0.jpeg

Last edited:
@JB @Jman So i was lucky enough to get out and play 27 this fine North Texas Day, looks like rain for the foreseeable future. I had bought some Cut Dc's as i said earlier in the thread and today was my only opportunity. DAMN ! so it was windy but this ball cut right through it. It was jumping off the club face and I was playing with a good friend, separate carts and staying our distance, but a very comfortable day. He tried it a couple of shots and loved the feel too. It spoils up nicely on the greens and felt good off the putter....and here are a couple of pics of the ball i played for 27 holes. Did not lose a ball and as jamn said, they listened and the cover half up very well. I did not hit any cart paths, but i bounced it off a couple of trees. But for playing it 3 nines, it look damn good
5EB8027B-EA79-4ED4-8657-6ED413C5AAC9.jpeg5D2770C2-7B0F-40DF-A3AB-0F6D11EABCB7.jpeg

Nice feedback Donny! (y)

@JB @Jman So i was lucky enough to get out and play 27 this fine North Texas Day, looks like rain for the foreseeable future. I had bought some Cut Dc's as i said earlier in the thread and today was my only opportunity. DAMN ! so it was windy but this ball cut right through it. It was jumping off the club face and I was playing with a good friend, separate carts and staying our distance, but a very comfortable day. He tried it a couple of shots and loved the feel too. It spoils up nicely on the greens and felt good off the putter....and here are a couple of pics of the ball i played for 27 holes. Did not lose a ball and as jamn said, they listened and the cover half up very well. I did not hit any cart paths, but i bounced it off a couple of trees. But for playing it 3 nines, it look damn good
View attachment 8935042View attachment 8935043

Thanks for the feedback and awesome longevity.

yes, this ball held up well, I did take a few shots with a second ball from time to time from the tee. Hit A PROV and B330. There was not a whole lot of Distance Difference. I hit a couple into the wind and some in cross winds. I hit a couple of 280+ droves with the Cut and most were around 260 +- 5 yds.

FYI, Cut Blue golf balls are now sold at Target. Same price as buying them online.

Cut customer service is very easy to deal with. I ordered 3 dozen of the new Grey. They accidently only sent two dozen. I emailed a picture of the box late on a Saturday. Early monday morning I received an email with tracking information for the forgotten dozen. One can not ask for better service.

after not caring for the cut reds...the cut blue played really nice. definitely worth the $. ordered a sleeve of the DCs to try out...

Been a while since I tried Cut golf so I ordered 3 sleeves, DC, grey, blue. I did not care for the DC at all. It was a very firm ball and kind of sounded like a rock flight off of my driver and just didn't have the distance I was expecting. The blue was somewhat better.........somewhat. The best ball was the grey. It was good off the driver as well as irons. Made a nice click when flushed. Kind of odd, but both balls that I didn't like had 4 piece covers. Maybe a coincidence, I don't know. At under twenty bucks a dozen the Cut Blue is a great deal for a urethane ball.

Been a while since I tried Cut golf so I ordered 3 sleeves, DC, grey, blue. I did not care for the DC at all. It was a very firm ball and kind of sounded like a rock flight off of my driver and just didn't have the distance I was expecting. The blue was somewhat better.........somewhat. The best ball was the grey. It was good off the driver as well as irons. Made a nice click when flushed. Kind of odd, but both balls that I didn't like had 4 piece covers. Maybe a coincidence, I don't know. At under twenty bucks a dozen the Cut Blue is a great deal for a urethane ball.
Blue ball feel hard and firm like a rock off the driver? Does the 3 piece grey feel like QST? If not what ball?

Blue ball feel hard and firm like a rock off the driver? Does the 3 piece grey feel like QST? If not what ball?
The DC was very firm off the driver and on irons, it felt and sounded hard. The blue was better in terms of softness, but still felt hard. The grey really felt the best. I would say QST would be a good comparison.

The DC was very firm off the driver and on irons, it felt and sounded hard. The blue was better in terms of softness, but still felt hard. The grey really felt the best. I would say QST would be a good comparison.
Thanks for the additional details... So much love for blue and not much talk on grey. Can I ask swing speed on driver and 150yd club?

Thanks for the additional details... So much love for blue and not much talk on grey. Can I ask swing speed on driver and 150yd club?
I'm about an upper 80's for driver and a mid-upper 70's for my 7i. Like I said the blues play OK, just for me the grey felt better off the irons and driver. That doesn't mean I don't like a firm ball. The BXS is in my ball rotation and I don't have an issue with feel or firmness at all with that ball. Sounds like you're all in for the Blue and that's great but for ME, the grey was a better ball.

I'm about an upper 80's for driver and a mid-upper 70's for my 7i. Like I said the blues play OK, just for me the grey felt better off the irons and driver. That doesn't mean I don't like a firm ball. The BXS is in my ball rotation and I don't have an issue with feel or firmness at all with that ball. Sounds like you're all in for the Blue and that's great but for ME, the grey was a better ball.
No very curious in both generally play RXS and QST

I've only played the original version of the blue and it's unquestionably firmer than QST. I'd compare it more to XV if we are talking Srixon.
I like sound of that

I think the Cut DC became my game ball today...

20200530_192115.jpg

Back