NEWS Justin Rose Removing Honma Clubs

So what does Rose have in the bag this week?

Interesting he is still wearing Honma logo on his hat.

Any update on this?

I just want to note that every player who started doing that stupid hitch backswing thing to draw the club back to hip level, look at it, and then readdress the ball before swinging has had a drop off or substantial drop off of their play over the last year. Rickie, Spieth, and Rose all do it. Justin Thomas quit doing it and got better. I would look there to blame something 😂
That is something that my instructor is getting me to do with the driver to make sure the face isn't wide open.....I am going to have to stop doing it before my game falls completely off a cliff :ROFLMAO:

I have no idea what clubs he’s playing or not playing but here is a photo from yesterday’s round at The Players. Looks like Cobra Fwy at least being tried.

8A625D15-2C45-4F17-B9F4-01E609099C82.jpeg
(Photo courtesy of theplayerschamp on Instagram)

Last edited:
He is not playing their clubs, but is rocking their logo. I have no idea what that means.
Means things are likely being tidied up in court I would guess.

I have no idea what clubs he’s playing or not playing but here is a photo from yesterday’s round at The Players. Looks like Cobra Fwy at least being tried.

View attachment 8931497
Now i see the problem (his top button is buttoned). Gotta let the neck breathe, JR!

Means things are likely being tidied up in court I would guess.
I believe JB and others have suggested that there will be a press release at some point in the near future.

If it were only the clubs, I am kind of baffled that a maker couldn't produce an iron, or whatever club it may be, that would be an exact representation of what the player envisioned.

It’s a terrible sign for Homna, for Rose, I think it’s an acknowledgement that he made the agreement initially for $$ and not because of loyalty or performance.

No idea where he ends up but if he’s looking, PXG just lost a few names with their restructuring....

Honma for the most part makes as good a club as anyone else out there in my opinion. I've had people that play Mizuno, Titleist and Taylormade irons hit my 737p's and tell me they'd consider switching they felt and performed so good.
It seems to me just about every player that switched to PXG took quite awhile to adjust to them and play well. I can't remember any of them winning almost immediately when they switched the way Rose did with Honma.
That said this just can't be good for Honma andRose's reputation takes a hit too in my book

When these guyssign an equipment contract, i think their must be a provision with language that allows
an exit. Bubba signed with Volvik and took an exit and went back ti the Titleist ball. Normally you see guys
changing at the end if the year, but I'm sure their are other cases where guys quit mid season, not just
currently come to mind other then the example mentioned regarding Bubba.

is the verdict still out?

We don't but I'm just implying his play probably will not improve solely due to a change in equipment
It may or may not. Can't really tell at this point. These guys play at such precise margins of error that the equipment could really affect their results.

That is something that my instructor is getting me to do with the driver to make sure the face isn't wide open.....I am going to have to stop doing it before my game falls completely off a cliff :ROFLMAO:
It is annoying to watch. You would think they could do it on their practice swing before they set up over the ball.

To bad the season has been delayed. It would have been interesting to see if his performance improved immediately after switching clubs. Otherwise it would have been hard to argue the problem lied with Rose and not Homna.

My XP-1's are a full club longer than my Mizuno Hot Metals BTW. I got to believe that the clubs they designed for him were a perfect fit for him.

It is annoying to watch. You would think they could do it on their practice swing before they set up over the ball.
Or maybe they find it works better like that, and aren’t that concerned about how their swing looks to others 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: JB
Do you think this whole situation got "saved by the bell" (Covid-19)?

Official statement on the news we broke

Honma Golf Limited ("Honma") announces that, following a successful partnership with the former No. 1 player in the world, Honma and Justin Rose have agreed that Justin will no longer be one of Honma's brand ambassadors. We are proud to have been a key part of Justin's journey to regain his position as World Number 1 in early 2019, including a win at the Farmers Insurance Open in his second event with Honma equipment in play.

"For over a year, Justin worked closely with our team to help develop innovative and top performing lines of Honma woods and irons. His pursuit of perfection, approach to product testing and feedback has produced great value to Honma. Justin's expert input and desire for maximum ball speed inspired our team to make the Honma TR20 460 and 440 drivers among the fastest drivers in the game. Consistently, and excitingly, our nationwide team of fitters are seeing the new TR20 460 and TR20 440 drivers produce some of the fastest speeds on the market. We wish him the very best in his pursuit of more majors and career success," said John Kawaja, President Honma Golf North America.

"I have enjoyed working with the Honma team and collaborating closely with them to design and develop excellent golf equipment. I was able to see firsthand the innovations that the craftsmen at Honma bring to their clubs. I am hopeful that during our time of partnership, we have laid the groundwork for Honma to continue to expand their brand. We both feel it is the right time to pursue our own paths," said Justin Rose.

Guess he will circle back to TM or just pull a Brooks and keep control of his gear.

Well he got something right, imo the TR20 440 and 460 are the sleepers of the year. Only 1 round with the 440 but it is so much better than the Mavrik SZ for me it is crazy. They got the face right, it is very forgiving and hot. I want someone with some clubhead speed to hit this, I bet it would be out of this world long.

Not a good look for Honma still imo.

But I don’t think even they know what the Hell theyre doing right now.

Back