TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Haha, my gut is so conflicted. I like the idea of being able to swap shafts if I want but also really like the sim max feel and sound. I usually don’t play around with the lofts on fairway woods so don’t think I need the adjustability. What does UST recommend for tipping their shafts in 3 woods? I think most are 1/2” but I know Accra recommends 1” on 3 woods and 2” for 5 woods
UST is 1” like ACCRA

Reactions: MH
As I've been hitting my old M2 Tour 3HL I just wish Taylormade hadn't gotten rid of those SKUs. The SIM Ti in a 3HL configuration could of been a bomber.

As I've been hitting my old M2 Tour 3HL I just wish Taylormade hadn't gotten rid of those SKUs. The SIM Ti in a 3HL configuration could of been a bomber.
With the way the last two iterations (M5/SIM Ti) Have launched the ball I’m betting they realize they don’t really need that HL offering anymore.

With the way the last two iterations (M5/SIM Ti) Have launched the ball I’m betting they realize they don’t really need that HL offering anymore.

I could see that thought, especially with the introduction of the retail rocket 3. I really feel like they bounce between offering the T3/Rocket 3 and a 3HL.

I could see that thought, especially with the introduction of the retail rocket 3. I really feel like they bounce between offering the T3/Rocket 3 and a 3HL.
Next year will be the tie breaker haha

M1/M2/M3/M4 went HL while the M5/M6/SIM-ti/SIM-max went rocket.

Honestly though, I think we are just in a phase where the HL isn’t as popular as it was, but we both know it’ll come back around. Always does!

HL has the lead with 2 years of M1/M2. But that's only for carbon construction years. But I think we continue down the rocket 3 for another year.

If we go back to Aeroburner/SLDR/RBZ we get a mixture of tour spoons and Highlaunch. I'm trying to remember that last model they labeled as a 4 wood (I'm sure there is something more recent than the v-steel).

HL has the lead with 2 years of M1/M2. But that's only for carbon construction years. But I think we continue down the rocket 3 for another year.

If we go back to Aeroburner/SLDR/RBZ we get a mixture of tour spoons and Highlaunch. I'm trying to remember that last model they labeled as a 4 wood (I'm sure there is something more recent than the v-steel).
Tour Spoon FTMFW.

I tried this one out last night at work. From the view from the top the carbon fibre looks amazing. Turn the club over and it’s a different story that thing is the middle is too much of an eyesore for me. But the results were decent nothing too special around the same distance as my M1 and M3

155, 156, 154, 156 for me in four sequential REALLY good swings. 🔥

Stock shaft was 41.75 without the grip. That played 43.25 installed with the grip.
What was the number I said again?

I love when I'm right even when I'm wrong. Haha

Hmm....the linq shafts are priced fairly decent from Taylormade which makes a custom order a tempting option. I was thinking I would get a head only and look for a shaft to put into either. Leaning gunmetal 7s but need to read some more on the purple

The ball just jumps off the face of this club. Not sure how else to put it. If you throw a good strike on it, youre going to like the results of the sound and the feel.

The ball just jumps off the face of this club. Not sure how else to put it. If you throw a good strike on it, youre going to like the results of the sound and the feel.
Which head are you using?

The Max 3w and LINQ setup continues to be just lethal from tee and deck for me. I’m downright giddy about it. It’s a little firm feeling on misses, but otherwise the sound and feel is as addicting as the flight and distance for me

It’s a little firm feeling on misses

I would say that's an understatement, but it's easy to get over when you true some, and it's pretty consistent with their past offerings. I haven't thought any of them were very forgiving in terms of feel compared to some others.

Last edited:
I am currently trying to decide between either the max or regular sim. I went at noon and looked at them again, didnt have time to hit either unfortunetly. When setting them down side by side the regular sim looked more closed than the max on the 2 I had in hand. Is that normal? I did look at the sim was set to standard and both were 15* heads

I am currently trying to decide between either the max or regular sim. I went at noon and looked at them again, didnt have time to hit either unfortunetly. When setting them down side by side the regular sim looked more closed than the max on the 2 I had in hand. Is that normal? I did look at the sim was set to standard and both were 15* heads
As a quick and dirty idea - the Sim is quite low spin. The max does launch higher and spin a bit more. So if spin is your complete nemesis and you have speed, the std Sim.....if forgiveness is key....Max.

Because of my strange shallow and very positive attack, I fight for spin.....so it would be the Max all day long for me.

As a quick and dirty idea - the Sim is quite low spin. The max does launch higher and spin a bit more. So if spin is your complete nemesis and you have speed, the std Sim.....if forgiveness is key....Max.

Because of my strange shallow and very positive attack, I fight for spin.....so it would be the Max all day long for me.
I have it nailed down to the max head, now the battle is which shaft? The Lin-q purple or gun metal? Thinking the purple might be the better shaft for a fairway

I have it nailed down to the max head, now the battle is which shaft? The Lin-q purple or gun metal? Thinking the purple might be the better shaft for a fairway
Nice! I can’t help on those shafts, as I know very little about them. Sounds like they Re really nice though.

Ordered, sim max 3 with Lin-g purple 70s. I will update in couple of weeks once I get it. Looking forward to getting this one in the bag

I did go and hit both the max and sim ti yesterday on my way home from work. a different shafts in each and the stock shaft in the max was very light and a bit soft but the head felt and sounded really good. I also really the the sound and feel of the TI, a bit more audible but solid. The stock diamana shaft was ok as well. I just cant decide which one to go with, I would order the max with a heavier shaft if I go that route. someone push me one way or the other!
You honestly cant go wrong!!

I played m6 all last year and loved it. I really felt it was the best fw I ever played (speed, control, feel) until I hit the SIM... I had the SIM Ti 3w and it was a machine! It was putting up close to driver numbers for me. Best looking fairway IMO and feels awesome off the face. Vs the m6 3w, the SIM Ti was 3mph faster on avg. I sold the head last week bc of the clubs I got for Morgan Cup

Like @Jman mentioned his SIM Max 15* was faster than the Mavrik Max at 13.5*, I too have seen the SIM Ti 15* faster and longer than the Cobra Big Tour 13.5*
I have not hit he SIM Max so I cant say much about it, but these fairways are so hot that I dont think you need to spend the extra $100 for the SIM Ti for adjustable loft. The sleeve opens and closes the face so much its better to just go with the Max probably

Ordered, sim max 3 with Lin-g purple 70s. I will update in couple of weeks once I get it. Looking forward to getting this one in the bag
Just saw this after my first post...Great choice!! thats gonna be a heck of a weapon!

Got my 3 wood today. After a quick range session I’m quite impressed. Ball speed is very fast for me. I think with actual quality golf balls the launch will come up a bit and be even better. This was one of my better ones off the deck

8B4ADDF7-AD98-4970-B0CE-8D634315744D.png

Back