First Look: Tour Edge EXS Pro Irons

Not a fan of copycat design in golf, especially if you are going to make them uglier in the process.
I'm sure they perform great and will come in at a solid price point comparatively, but nothing says "we have no good ideas" like ripping off a competitor and not even trying to hide it.

This isnt about Exotics or Callaway, just my overall old man opinion on the industry in general. I'm aware that this shoe fits every OEMs foot at different points in time as well.

color me intrigued. I think both look good, close to really good but not quite there. yes, the cb look like an apex knockoff. I actually do think that's a bad thing, I can't imagine it takes that much more effort to differentiate your aesthetics. and the blade is too busy; just leave the exotics on the lower portion and get rid of the rest of the badging and I think you'd have a super clean look that the blade crowd requires.

the carbon steel sounds really intriguing. love the stock shaft offerings.

Nice looking irons. The CBs have a ring of familiarity to them.

They look great

I respect ArmyGolf in his thoughts. Still I see so product borrowing in the golf world that I am not concerned about it. It is in many other retail businesses as well.

This was my exact first thought, it looks like the Apex lineup. This lineup looks nice but for some reason I never really consider giving these guys a chance when it comes to irons.

the other thread what OEM am I most blown away... this should serve as a double feature or solidifies that TEE is blowing it out of the water in 2020... Great bag from driver to putter, guess you might need an additional wedge as 56/60* doesn't exist

Not a fan of copycat design in golf, especially if you are going to make them uglier in the process.
I'm sure they perform great and will come in at a solid price point comparatively, but nothing says "we have no good ideas" like ripping off a competitor and not even trying to hide it.

This isnt about Exotics or Callaway, just my overall old man opinion on the industry in general. I'm aware that this shoe fits every OEMs foot at different points in time as well.
I'm not sure these can fall into copy cat land - they are quite different designs. The looks of the cavity may be similar but the underlying clubs aren't all the same.

looks a little like Calloway APEX. Great looking irons. Glad to see Exotics moving forward.

Best looking irons TEE has ever made.

those look really nice

I really want to try to get my hands on a set of these with Elevate shafts. Pro Forged look like winners for TEE.

I really want to try to get my hands on a set of these with Elevate shafts. Pro Forged look like winners for TEE.
Im of the same mindset.

I also think they look a lot like apex, but I’d caution people throwing “knockoff” around, because that’s one thing Tour Edge doesn’t do with their exotics lineup, they get too little credit for their R&D.

Im of the same mindset.

I also think they look a lot like apex, but I’d caution people throwing “knockoff” around, because that’s one thing Tour Edge doesn’t do with their exotics lineup, they get too little credit for their R&D.
Yes, thank you! These are hardly an apex knockoff - the looks may be similar from a distance and they are both irons. That’s about where it ends.

Yes, thank you! These are hardly an apex knockoff - the looks may be similar from a distance and they are both irons. That’s about where it ends.
It’s a natural grasp though visually so I get it, and there is some natural defense going on too I think.

But TEE does things their way, always, and David isn’t going to copy and paste anything in the Exotics realm.

It’s a natural grasp though visually so I get it, and there is some natural defense going on too I think.

But TEE does things their way, always, and David isn’t going to copy and paste anything in the Exotics realm.
These might be the first that get me into the Exotics realm, assuming they aren't tooooo limited and are still around.

It's definitely not, if you read the feature that we have on the home page (your wrote).
I get it though, the look is pretty darn similar, near identical.

To use a flip side, if Apex came out and looked just like something else, the posts would be pretty darn funny.

It's definitely not, if you read the feature that we have on the home page (your wrote).
I get it though, the look is pretty darn similar, near identical.

To use a flip side, if Apex came out and looked just like something else, the posts would be pretty darn funny.
Haha I’m a hair confused - I’m making the case they are anything but a knockoff and the only similarity is the looks from a far and that they are both irons.

Haha I’m a hair confused - I’m making the case they are anything but a knockoff and the only similarity is the looks from a far and that they are both irons.

I am agreeing that they are not a knockoff, just saying that in images, that iron looks very much like the Callaway, so if people just gandered without reading your article, they could get the impression.

Will there be a focus on getting these irons into Champions Tour bags?

I am agreeing that they are not a knockoff, just saying that in images, that iron looks very much like the Callaway, so if people just gandered without reading your article, they could get the impression.
Ohhhhh I get it now - I misunderstood your message.

Will there be a focus on getting these irons into Champions Tour bags?
That’s a great question. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

I love the look of the CBs, which is not surprising, because I love my Apex 19s.

The TEE clubs I’ve tested or bagged have all surprised me in performance—really quite impressive, and wish more people had the opportunity to try what they sell.

Great write up @Molten

Those Pro Forged look legit. I also like the ironic, not ironic use of the word buttery for the blades. Well done!
I really dislike the term because it lacks a real meaning ... but it also felt right.

Hopefully these will be reviewed soon. I am oddly curious about their wedge. Probably because I aint good enough to hit anything else in this Pro line.

I'm not sure these can fall into copy cat land - they are quite different designs. The looks of the cavity may be similar but the underlying clubs aren't all the same.

I'll start by stating that I have no clue how Tour Edge operates - but I just don't buy that during all of the extensive R&D, design, and prototyping phases nobody stood up and said "Uhh guys...we know this looks just like something else on the market right?"
So whether or not the club underneath is the same or different to the Apex, it looks the same and that has to be on purpose. There's no way it got all the way to market before someone clued in. Did they set out to copy the Apex look or was it just a happy accident? I'm sure we'll never know.

Time will tell if this is a genius move or not. If they can convince consumers that they have an "Apex" for 70% of the cost, perhaps they fly off the shelves. When Hyundai started selling copycat Mercedes for half the price they did extremely well.

Back