Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

2 clubs for the price of one I like... but I want to hit them before I buy... and that may still be a bit. I hope the sale goes on for a while but not to the detriment of Tour Edge... I realize they need to make money to develop more and better clubs.
The driver is easy purchase as it flat out performs it has beaten out some of the big boys in head to head and for me it just is smooth consistent performance.

The driver is easy purchase as it flat out performs it has beaten out some of the big boys in head to head and for me it just is smooth consistent performance.
And the hybrid is the best club in Their lineup.

Yup, I said it.

Yup, I said it.

It does look really good. How does it compare to the CBX119 with both being similarly priced? (Excluding the deal with driver)

It does look really good. How does it compare to the CBX119 with both being similarly priced? (Excluding the deal with driver)
Different size, 220 is larger, but it also spins a little more while maintaining ballspeed. It’s long as heck and playable into greens, something a lot of hybrids aren’t anymore.

Yup, I said it.
I’m really looking forward to giving the hybrid a go.

Weather is finally cooperating here a bit here in OH. Played 9 holes on Saturday.
I got out before anyone so the course was empty. On the final hole I hit 36 total drives all with my gamer ball (ProV1x Yellow).
I brought along 4 drivers so I hit 9 balls with each. Here were the clubs I brought for the testing:
  • Tour Edge EXS 220 12* | Ventus Blue 50g | Reg flex | 45"
  • Callaway Epic Flash 12* | Even Flow Green 55 | 5.5 flex | 45"
  • Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 13.5* | Even Flow Green 55 | 5.5 flex | 45"
  • Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 12* | UST Helium 5 | F3 flex | 45"
So pretty much a comparable test, length, shaft and flex wise across models with the Fusion being slightly higher lofted.

Sound:
I am not a big sound guy, so all of them fall in line with something I could game based on that factor alone. Of the (4) drivers my ear seems to prefer the sound of the Fusion the best. It's not dull and muted but not quite as loud as the other 4. The EXS 220 and Flash are on the louder side and to my ear sound very similar. The SZ X was probably the loudest of the bunch and of the (4), I would put it at the bottom.

Looks at address:
I tend to like a driver that sits a little more upright lie angle wise. For this reason the edge goes to the SZ Xtreme which seems to sit more upright than the others.
The Fusion and Flash I have set to "D" which makes the lie more upright so they are fine too. I have the EXS220 set to U/+ which should bring the lie angle to 61.5* which is very upright but to my eye it still seems to sit flatter than the others.
As for the footprint, the EXS220, Fusion and SZ Xtreme have a more stretched out look with the EXS seeming to be the longest from topline to the back of the club. The Flash is definitely the most compact looking. I can play either type of shape so nothing is really off putting here. But the larger footprint drivers to help with confidence over the ball.

Style / Aesthetics:
Of the Four drivers, my favorite is probably the SZ Xtreme. I like the raised edges on the crown and how it frames the ball. The face milling and how it extends to the top line will definitely aid in preventing skymarks. My next favorite based on pure looks alone would be the EXS220. The carbon top on the crown is done well and the sole might be the best looking of the 4 drivers. I showed all 4 drivers to my 7yr old son and said pick which one you like and he picked out the EXS220. I said why did you choose this one and he said, I like the blue on it. :)

Distance:
Counting all 9 drives with each (all GPS measured)

EXS 220:
Avg: 220 yds
Longest drive: 231
Shortest drive: 210

Flash:
Avg: 219
Longest drive: 237
Shortest drive: 185 (popped one up)

Fusion:
Avg: 216
Longest drive: 233
Shortest drive: 191

Speedzone Xtreme:
Avg: 211
Longest drive: 227
Shortest drive: 172

On a 55* day with rain the day before a 230+ drive would be a poke for me.
# of 230+ drives:
Flash and EXS 220 had (2) each, Fusion had (1) and the SZ X (0)

Dispersion/Accuracy:
EXS 220 and Fusion - 7/9 fw hit
Flash and SZ Xtreme - 6/9 fw hit
No penal drives really...pretty generous fairway with not alot of trouble on either side. All 36 balls would have been playable on the 2nd shot and had a look at the green.

Ball flight:
The Fusion and the Flash probably have the highest flight based on eye test alone. I’m a low ball hitter so the higher the better for me.
The SZ Xtreme I was all over the face with so it was was tougher to dial in and get good feedback on. I need more time with that one.

The EXS I felt has more of a penetrating flight. If the Flash and Fusion are a high flight I would say this one is more mid-high.

So as you can see the EXS 220 really holds it own against the other drivers I have tested along side with it.

Any questions or anything I may have missed please reach out.

Last edited:
Been raining here like crazy lately. Finally going out tomorrow to hit my new Tour Edge driver and hybrid for the first time. Cant wait!!

Members of TEEm Tour Edge, we are getting back to it with companies opening back up soon.

Would love to get a few more thoughts from each of you in here.

@ULEWZ
@Long Shot
@erock9174
@Gman79

Members of TEEm Tour Edge, we are getting back to it with companies opening back up soon.

Would love to get a few more thoughts from each of you in here.

@ULEWZ
@Long Shot
@erock9174
@Gman79

Will have the 220 back in action Saturday. Took a week hiatus to test Cobra drivers.

Any word on the Wingman testing ?

Will have the 220 back in action Saturday. Took a week hiatus to test Cobra drivers.

Any word on the Wingman testing ?

As said it’s coming, some of the TEEm members have been a bit absent so we wanted to get some more thoughts.

As said it’s coming, some of the TEEm members have been a bit absent so we wanted to get some more thoughts.
Well I'm here and been very curious about the line...

I had a few rounds... A bit of changes on driver swing. So tee balls haven't been as accurate not the clubs fault.

I will say this.. I was on a roll on Saturday and piped a few. 275 was long but 260 on more than a few... This is longer than usual and left me with a wedge workout on the course. I am thankful for the forgiveness in this club because even dealing with miss-hits the stay playable.

I had a buddy hit it no practice and out drove current gamer...

Shaft offerings are great as well. The fitting with swing speed and comparison clubs is awesome!

In summary... GO HIT ONE!

@erock9174 where you playing? Tag team EXS review?

Also I am 100% all ears. I will test different things or answer questions from anyone interested...

Understood. Trying my best here. Had what I thought was a nice write up a few posts back that seemed to fall flat.

Maybe since I’m not in the 9* stiff crowd I might not fit the masses feedback wise it gets passed over.

Recently got my driver and thankfully there lifting driving range restrictions on Friday. My question was what do you guys think is the most forgiving setting on the driver and what do you guys have it dialed in at?

Understood. Trying my best here. Had what I thought was a nice write up a few posts back that seemed to fall flat.

Maybe since I’m not in the 9* stiff crowd I might not fit the masses feedback wise it gets passed over.

Let me answer this with a question. Do you read and comment on all THP Experiences, Reviews, Podcasts, Live Streams, etc?

Of course not, nor should anybody be expected to. Yet literally tens of thousands view every one of them. No different with your reviews here. Sometimes it might seem like you aren’t getting questions, but that doesn’t mean things are going unseen.

The job of a reviewer is to share the information in the best way they can and genuinely in my opinion, some have done a great job, others have not been around much (its a crazy world right now).

Hope that helps.

Recently got my driver and thankfully there lifting driving range restrictions on Friday. My question was what do you guys think is the most forgiving setting on the driver and what do you guys have it dialed in at?

Honestly everyone will be different based on their swing. So a one size fits answer really won’t apply.

What I did is my first range session I went up and down the settings on the adapter.
Usually when I see a ball flight I like I will tend to quit messing with the club. For me I landed on +/U.

I like an upright looking driver because I have very short arms. So the U (upright lie) setting helps kick the toe end of the driver up.

I also need all the help I can get with launch so the + setting raised the loft 1*.

Yeh I know it will be different for every golfer. Looking forward to hitting it at the driving range soon.

Yeh I know it will be different for every golfer. Looking forward to hitting it at the driving range soon.
Sounds good. Let us know what you think. What loft, shaft and flex did you go with ?

I'm at standard 9.5 loft. My miss is a push right ...fade... Wonder if I can shift it left a bit. Interesting if the adapter will close the face... I will read it tonight.

I'm at standard 9.5 loft. My miss is a push right ...fade... Wonder if I can shift it left a bit. Interesting if the adapter will close the face... I will read it tonight.

if you add loft being its a single cog adapter it will close the face. I’d try that. Or try one of the U settings which an upright lie for some help turn it over.

if you add loft being its a single cog adapter it will close the face. I’d try that. Or try one of the U settings which an upright lie for some help turn it over.
Ok so there is no way to rotate the adapter and keep 9.5?

Ok so there is no way to rotate the adapter and keep 9.5?

@Gman79. Here are the settings and the impact on lie and loft for each head (9.5, 10.5, 12*).
If you wanted to stay at 9.5 and make the lie more upright you could to UO. 3* more upright should help draw it. Otherwise you’re going to have to add loft to close the face some.

B2D203C0-EDCB-4304-A0D0-19B6C05A9DFE.jpeg

Thanks for that pic erock. I have the 10.5 with the fujikura ventus shaft and r flex. Ill do some work on it this weekend.

After being very happy with the results of the EXS 220 driver, I took out my M6 driver for a test. I hit the ball at least 30 feet further, but it was very inconsistent. I have no doubt that the 220 driver has more forgiveness, but does not seem to go as far as my M6. So basically, a pure hit with the M6 results in bombs, but the mishits, which seem to come more than not, are treated with a very bad result. So the question begs, stick with consistency of the EXS 220 driver, or the occasional bomb from the M6? I'm thinking consistency is the better option. I have been able to play 4 times since the lockdown, and am very happy to be back to hitting the links.

Last edited:
@Gman79. Here are the settings and the impact on lie and loft for each head (9.5, 10.5, 12*).
If you wanted to stay at 9.5 and make the lie more upright you could to UO. 3* more upright should help draw it. Otherwise you’re going to have to add loft to close the face some.

View attachment 8946070

Thanks for this chart.
I used the driver options card that came with it and didn't see a face angle adjustment as in most other drivers... Time to work on that swing path ! Can't cheat with this one.

IMG_20200528_091338.jpg

Back