Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

Thanks for this chart.
I used the driver options card that came with it and didn't see a face angle adjustment as in most other drivers... Time to work on that swing path ! Can't cheat with this one.

View attachment 8946080

You won’t really get a chart to show how much the face angle changes with adapter settings.

But with a single cog adapter like Tour Edge, Cobra, Ping and TM uses, adding loft will shut the face and reducing loft will help open the face if you rest the club on its sole with no hand manipulation.

You won’t really get a chart to show how much the face angle changes with adapter settings.

But with a single cog adapter like Tour Edge, Cobra, Ping and TM uses, adding loft will shut the face and reducing loft will help open the face if you rest the club on its sole with no hand manipulation.
Ball seems to launch very high already with 9.5... so dont want to add more. Hey I am not doing anything ... so maybe driving range today for a test on distance.

Ball seems to launch very high already with 9.5... so dont want to add more. Hey I am not doing anything ... so maybe driving range today for a test on distance.
Their ya go. Bring your umbrella 😀

After being very happy with the results of the EXS 220 driver, I took out my M6 driver for a test. I hit the ball at least 30 yards further, but it was very inconsistent. I have no doubt that the 220 driver has more forgiveness, but does not seem to go as far as my M6. So basically, a pure hit with the M6 results in bombs, but the mishits, which seem to come more than not, are treated with a very bad result. So the question begs, stick with consistency of the EXS 220 driver, or the occasional bomb from the M6? I'm thinking consistency is the better option. I have been able to play 4 times since the lockdown, and am very happy to be back to hitting the links.

I just can't see 30 yds difference between any big name oem drivers these days. Perhaps a bad fit with the EXS2200 (loft and shaft) compared to a really good fit in the M6?
What is your combo with each (shaft, loft, flex, length, etc)?

Having hit the EXS220 on the course along side several other drivers, distance was definitely not lacking. In my last test it actually just inched out my gamer (Epic Flash) for the longest in the test which surprised me a bit.

After being very happy with the results of the EXS 220 driver, I took out my M6 driver for a test. I hit the ball at least 30 yards further, but it was very inconsistent. I have no doubt that the 220 driver has more forgiveness, but does not seem to go as far as my M6. So basically, a pure hit with the M6 results in bombs, but the mishits, which seem to come more than not, are treated with a very bad result. So the question begs, stick with consistency of the EXS 220 driver, or the occasional bomb from the M6? I'm thinking consistency is the better option. I have been able to play 4 times since the lockdown, and am very happy to be back to hitting the links.
What shaft in the m6... What is average driving distance with each option? That is crazy distance gain with last year's model.

I have the ventus orange shaft in the M6. Same loft and angle on both clubs. Maybe it was a fluke, so I will try again. It was on the course and I hit an absolute bomb with the M6. I will have to take them both back to the range and try again. The M6 feels much lighter also. I wish I could tell the weights to actually know. Maybe 30 feet, vs yards, my bad.

I have the ventus orange shaft in the M6. Same loft and angle on both clubs. Maybe it was a fluke, so I will try again. It was on the course and I hit an absolute bomb with the M6. I will have to take them both back to the range and try again. The M6 feels much lighter also. I wish I could tell the weights to actually know. Maybe 30 feet, vs yards, my bad.
30 feet or 10 yards vs the 30 yards distance is huge. Either way good on your bomb of a drive.

I have had the EXS 220 out with both the Hzrdus Yellow in the 6,5 and 6.0 (came with the 6.5 but also purchased the 6.0 from TE) on a few occasions now. It has gone head to head with my SIM and it just hasn’t performed as well as the SIM. I attribute that more to the fact that I don’t like the Hzrdus shaft, and prefer my Diamana Limited that’s in the SIM. The SIM seems to me be more forgiving on toe misses, which tend to be my miss.
I like the head, the sound, shape, but I struggle with the Hzrdus shaft. I tried the 6.5 that was sent as part of Teem Tour Edge and I didn’t like the feel at all, and I then ordered the 6.0 from the company (it was very reasonably priced) to try to see if that would be a better fit, unfortunately this is a shaft that I just don’t Like at all (not for lack of trying) . I currently play a SIM with a Diamana Limited 60x, and it fits me perfectly. My biggest critique of this driver would be the shaft offerings. In the stiffer ( X flex) end of their range there really is only one shaft to choose from. They have the Hzrdus to choose from (based on their guidelines on their website 6.5 is what I should be playing at my swing speed) I swing in the 110 range but this shaft doesn’t fit me well. They really don’t offer anything that fits me either. I have moved on from this driver, didn’t make the cut.

Hit the EXS 220 10.5 with hzrdus smoke yellow stiff shaft last weekend on the range and not sure what to think. It was okay but nothing stands out as better to me than my Flash. I'm already pondering selling it since I don't have the patience or access to shafts to try to get dialed in.

Hit the EXS 220 10.5 with hzrdus smoke yellow stiff shaft last weekend on the range and not sure what to think. It was okay but nothing stands out as better to me than my Flash. I'm already pondering selling it since I don't have the patience or access to shafts to try to get dialed in.

to be fair all oem drivers are getting to the point where performance gains are going to be modest as long as both clubs are reasonable fitted. Both the Flash and EXS220 also have tech to enhance forgiveness.

I also have the Flash and EXS 220. On two testing occasions hitting multiple drives per day With each driver the Flash won the first test day by a yard or two. The 2nd day the EXS won by a yard on average.

Other than head shape (Flash more compact looking), the biggest difference is price The Flash cost me $500, and the EXS 220 is $349.

decent value proposition for somebody not looking to drop $500+.

I took the EXS220 to the range with the M6 today. I was having trouble with the M6, so I took out the EXS220, and smacked it with no problems. Played 9 holes today, with 3 par 4s, and hit the ball longer than ever on one hole (20 feet from the green!!). I guess it depends on the particular day and how I am swinging. I hit it right down the middle 3 times, so it is back in good favor.

Tomorrow I will post my drives with EXS220 and give you a how's it feeling while on the course.

I like the head, the sound, shape, but I struggle with the Hzrdus shaft. I tried the 6.5 that was sent as part of Teem Tour Edge and I didn’t like the feel at all, and I then ordered the 6.0 from the company (it was very reasonably priced) to try to see if that would be a better fit, unfortunately this is a shaft that I just don’t Like at all (not for lack of trying) . I currently play a SIM with a Diamana Limited 60x, and it fits me perfectly. My biggest critique of this driver would be the shaft offerings. In the stiffer ( X flex) end of their range there really is only one shaft to choose from. They have the Hzrdus to choose from (based on their guidelines on their website 6.5 is what I should be playing at my swing speed) I swing in the 110 range but this shaft doesn’t fit me well. They really don’t offer anything that fits me either. I have moved on from this driver, didn’t make the cut.
For me I would likely go for the EXS pro series from TE. There are better shaft options, and being a lower index player, I think this series fits me better.

Tomorrow I will post my drives with EXS220 and give you a how's it feeling while on the course.
Lost service or posting ability... Not great swings yesterday... Everything from 225-265 the nice part was everything was at or near the short stuff... No huge slices or hooks.. swing is coming around and definitely know when a bad shot was coming but generally would be straight ... Would love to see something beat this

Lost service or posting ability... Not great swings yesterday... Everything from 225-265 the nice part was everything was at or near the short stuff... No huge slices or hooks.. swing is coming around and definitely know when a bad shot was coming but generally would be straight ... Would love to see something beat this
This day proved I need to be dedicated to speed and combine that with my new swing mechanics.

I adjusted my swing slightly with a more centered stance, and hit the ball about 250!! This club is definitely staying in my bag. I apologize for my previous review that was a fluke. I love this EXS 220 driver.

I adjusted my swing slightly with a more centered stance, and hit the ball about 250!! This club is definitely staying in my bag. I apologize for my previous review that was a fluke. I love this EXS 220 driver.
Great move. What type of swing adjustment did you make. Did you happen to compare flash apples to apples?

Still loving my driver! Head covers is big but it’s good advertisement people say what do you have in the bag!! Then I start telling them all about the company etc.

Did I miss @Jman posting the side-by-side comparison with the EXS?

Still loving my driver! Head covers is big but it’s good advertisement people say what do you have in the bag!! Then I start telling them all about the company etc.
The red white and blue accents are eye appealing and look great in the bag don't they?

Did I miss @Jman posting the side-by-side comparison with the EXS?
No, I’ve not been able to get the data. Driver swing has not been decent until this past week.

Great move. What type of swing adjustment did you make. Did you happen to compare flash apples to apples?
Just moved the ball closer to the center instead of the correct spot by the lead foot. I thought I would be sacrificing distance, but so far, I am hitting it straight and true. Teeing it up a bit lower also as I am swinging it more like an iron (other than grip), than a wood. I know this should not work, but.........

Just moved the ball closer to the center instead of the correct spot by the lead foot. I thought I would be sacrificing distance, but so far, I am hitting it straight and true. Teeing it up a bit lower also as I am swinging it more like an iron (other than grip), than a wood. I know this should not work, but.........
I tried teeing higher per general thinking but noticed(another perk of the face) I was catching on the top... Scrap that idea for next time until I get comfortable on landing zone... Then add distance.

No, I’ve not been able to get the data. Driver swing has not been decent until this past week.
Thanks, thought I might have missed it.

Should be able to give this one a whirl again this weekend. Last weekend I played but made a spur of the moment (after having some adult beverages) driver purchase right before my round so EXS220 testing got bumped. That driver is now on the sale pile so EXS220 this Saturday for sure.

If anyone has any questions please ask.

League might start this Thursday night. I will be hoping to blast some bombs as the course is tough if you are short.

Hoping Friday afternoon round...

Back