Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a local impact golf related issue. The City of Albany, NY has refused to reopen its golf course despite golf courses being allowed to open in NY. It’s the the only course private, public or municipal that has not reopened in this area. Several interesting facts:

The city is paying its employees to maintain the facility which is expressly open for dog walkers. Yes, the course has gone to the dogs. The availability for dog walking is referenced on the course website. The City has the nicest dog walking facility in the country.

The pro’s contract with the city will be suspended effective Monday.

The course was expected to generate more than $1 million dollars in revenue for the City for the year.

The Mayor says the course will reopen immediately if the city receives money from Trump. (My statement is not in anyway political -it’s what the Mayor’s spokesperson told the local paper).

I have been playing the course since the early 1970s. I played my first round of golf ever there and for the past 5 years I have played in a league there. Last week the league was fortunate enough to find another course for this season.

Played a course today, they forced you to pair up in carts, but had signs about social distancing.

Good question

Is the question "What old fake news anti-everything website are we claiming to trust now?"

I did it out of respect to the forum since I’m new here, but since that doesn’t matter to you, that’s your problem.

But keep going, proving to be classic rwnj, at least according to your twitter feed, which is pretty sad since nobody engages you there. 🤣
No problems here...

Enough already. My gawd at some of this and the petty name calling. It’s a golf forum with nearly 7 million posts, amazing events, etc. yet the same few continue to show getting along with others is impossible. Pretty sad.

Good page on cases by State and County...

Also shows a graph of US cases by date - looks like max case count took place on April 9, had some more lower peaks but steadily downward until last week of May when it has gone up a bit.

From a parenting perspective I’d rather see the day off on Mon or Fri. At least that way you could plan short vacations every now and then. Wed off seems like a waste.

I understand that and agree. I have two kids in school and that would be easier. I’m just thinking if they have to have a break in the middle of the week, not having online for one day would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that and agree. I have two kids in school and that would be easier. I’m just thinking if they have to have a break in the middle of the week, not having online for one day would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I think the heavy sanitization mid-week is what they are going for - not parental convenience.

Dude...if you’re seriously coming here reporting people because you’re too much of “fill in the blank, use your imagination” to have a discussion then this probably isn’t the place for you.

I don’t agree with a lot of crap in here and in other places within the forum and I’ve never...ever reported someone. That’s just cowardly.

Get a life and grow some thicker skin, pal.
I did it out of respect to the forum since I’m new here, but since that doesn’t matter to you, that’s your problem.

But keep going, proving to be classic rwnj, at least according to your twitter feed, which is pretty sad since nobody engages you there. 🤣

Yeah. I'd say @JDax is relatively unknown here and on Twitter. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Okay everybody let’s return this one to the regularly scheduled programming.

It was odd today to turn on the news and not see a thing about the virus.

I'm home from hospital where I almost died of the virus that I contracted on May 12. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I made a long post on FB that is public under Russell Floyd (profile pic is Kobe Bryant and daughter) as well

I'm home from hospital where I almost died of the virus that I contracted on May 12. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I made a long post on FB that is public under Russell Floyd (profile pic is Kobe Bryant and daughter) as well
My wife almost died giving birth to my son. He almost died twice from cancer when he was 8 and 10. So..........

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Tell us about it when you can.

Good question

No surprise there, but I doubt it will get broad reporting as it goes against the narrative.

Glad you’re ok man.

Enough already. My gawd at some of this and the petty name calling. It’s a golf forum with nearly 7 million posts, amazing events, etc. yet the same few continue to show getting along with others is impossible. Pretty sad.

I am surprised you are surprised. I would suggest that a golf forum, or any forum, still represents a microcosm of society. I would be more surprised if this kind of behavior didn't occur.

Dude...if you’re seriously coming here reporting people because you’re too much of “fill in the blank, use your imagination” to have a discussion then this probably isn’t the place for you.

I don’t agree with a lot of crap in here and in other places within the forum and I’ve never...ever reported someone. That’s just cowardly.

Get a life and grow some thicker skin, pal.

THP is the nicest forum I have ever seen. The vast majority of people are well mannered and polite. Some other forums can get seriously nasty. Truck on over to Reddit for an example.

Tell us about it when you can.

Il keep it short. I play poker for a living and someone at game had it. I'm a big guy and always warm and was freezing. The tell tell sign between flu and Civic is your taste buds. I ate chefs favorite food and it tasted awful. For 5 days I sat home drinking fluids with temp fluctuations between 98-101. On may 20, 9 days after first symptoms I had 104 and couldn't breathe. That's when I went to hospital. So many things I could say but they put me on Resdesivir which is drug they've been having success wit. 5 day IV plus other drugs and on oxygen. I'll answer anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back