Review Xcaliber Xcluxiv Avalon Driver Shaft Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Xcaliber shaft company has a vision moving forward, and that centers around expanding their products into a wide range of high-end options that have something for everyone, which they are calling Xclusiv. One of the two major lines under the Xclusiv umbrella for them this year is named Avalon, which according to legend is where King Arthur’s sword Excalibur was forged.

Continue reading...

That finish is fantastic! As far as the shaft itself with those numbers it definitely seems to be a low/low shaft, probably not something I need for my game but I like hearing that the feel is there for those who need this type of shaft. Having compared to other shafts you've hit would what would you compare it to?

• Staff
That finish is fantastic! As far as the shaft itself with those numbers it definitely seems to be a low/low shaft, probably not something I need for my game but I like hearing that the feel is there for those who need this type of shaft. Having compared to other shafts you've hit would what would you compare it to?

I’ve been trying to put my finger on that since the review and I just can’t do it. The combo of feel and the flight while still maintaining the feel is pretty wild on my brain.

Besides the RT iron shaft, these were the buggiest surprise in all the things I had in for review from Xcaliber. Given the weight, they broke all my preconceived notions quite quickly.

I’ve been trying to put my finger on that since the review and I just can’t do it. The combo of feel and the flight while still maintaining the feel is pretty wild on my brain.

Besides the RT iron shaft, these were the buggiest surprise in all the things I had in for review from Xcaliber. Given the weight, they broke all my preconceived notions quite quickly.
Well that says a lot. Based on what I read I immediately thought of the original HZRDUS black as a comparison. It will be interesting to see what price point these come in at and how easily players can get them as well.

Another great review! Hope these shafts work for players that can use them.

• Staff
Well that says a lot. Based on what I read I immediately thought of the original HZRDUS black as a comparison. It will be interesting to see what price point these come in at and how easily players can get them as well.

Flight wise, it very much reminds me of that, but I always hesitate to post a comparison to a beastly shaft like that hahaha. Feel wise though, I’d say much more Yellow or Smoke.

• Staff
Another great review! Hope these shafts work for players that can use them.
Thanks for reading buddy. It means a lot.

Maybe these need to go out to let some people try, I just hate giving away adapters I had to pay for! Haha

OOH! OOH! Not ME!! My swing speed is only low 80's. WAY below the intended players.:ROFLMAO:

• Staff
OOH! OOH! Not ME!! My swing speed is only low 80's. WAY below the intended players.:ROFLMAO:
Haha! The Mystic would be more up your alley then

The finish on these is just outstanding in person. Really solid writeup James, and you're not kidding about low/low. I'm guessing those things ran for days when they hit the ground with that launch and spin.

@JohnSinVA you need to take a hard look at this shaft. Drop your spin down considerably so you don't hit the moon shots! :eek:

The finish on these is just outstanding in person. Really solid writeup James, and you're not kidding about low/low. I'm guessing those things ran for days when they hit the ground with that launch and spin.
They definitely had some rollout. Carry was still decent given almost getting it to a normal peak haha

They definitely had some rollout. Carry was still decent given almost getting it to a normal peak haha

I know numbers only tell some of the story but yeah, that's the first thing I noticed. 11 launch, sub 2k spin, but you still almost got to 90ft of max height? What just happened here hahaha

I know numbers only tell some of the story but yeah, that's the first thing I noticed. 11 launch, sub 2k spin, but you still almost got to 90ft of max height? What just happened here hahaha
Me laughing a lot during testing hahaha

Fantastic looking color in that shaft. She's a beauty Clark!

Great review Jman. Looks like the 5S might be in my wheelhouse. Always liked the feel of the HZRDUS Yellow. And that finish looks fantastic. But like you said, going forward on whether I could find a fitter locally might be problematic.

The shaft has a neat and different look to it!
By the numbers it looked like the 5s and 6s were pretty close to the same for you. But 60 gram is more your cup of tea. Low height and low spin with a lot of rollout I think a lot of people can benefit from. I myself do not hit it very high off the tee but to be honest I don’t get the rollout I’d like. Everyone wants more yardage off the tee don’t they?! Another nice write up.

Depending on price, this checks a lot of boxes! Very impressed by everything I have seen from the manufacturer!

Both of those weights interest me but would really like to test the 5-S in my driver...and the finish is awesome.

I shouldn’t have read this article, @JB ...I’m in a delicate place :LOL:

I shouldn’t have read this article, @JB ...I’m in a delicate place :LOL:
I appreciate you taking the time to read it though!

If it helps, the COVID situation I believe has everything delayed, so you’re safe for now. Haha

I appreciate you taking the time to read it though!

If it helps, the COVID situation I believe has everything delayed, so you’re safe for now. Haha

:LOL:...if I can keep from giving in to these boredom, impulse buys of older irons, i might be able to grab one when they do release...

I’m going to revisit these this week in the SZ again as well as in the Xtreme head I have now. I forgot how low spin they were for me in a head that I’ve fought tooth and nail to get the spin down on.

Hoping for some space on the course in the heat tomorrow so I can try to record on an empty course rather than my hot box garage. :ROFLMAO:

I’m going to revisit these this week in the SZ again as well as in the Xtreme head I have now. I forgot how low spin they were for me in a head that I’ve fought tooth and nail to get the spin down on.

Hoping for some space on the course in the heat tomorrow so I can try to record on an empty course rather than my hot box garage. :ROFLMAO:

Im actually looking forward to this, because I had a friend test one out and LOVES it in his MAV Max

Im actually looking forward to this, because I had a friend test one out and LOVES it in his MAV Max
It was interesting, I’m just not getting on well with either of the Cobra’s, so it wasn’t a fair show for it this go round.

I need to buy some more adapters😭

Back