I think that is the million dollar question, because FM, definitely choked.
I am not sure about that. Koepka said he had no idea the wind was blowing in on 12 and when his ball came up short in the water he purposefully didn't react to it because he did not want the Molinari, Finau, and Woods group to know about it. Then Molinari had the honors and came up short. I think Finau was the true choker because he should have known. Tiger changed clubs after Molinari's shot so if he had honors he may have been in the same boat.

I am not sure about that. Koepka said he had no idea the wind was blowing in on 12 and when his ball came up short in the water he purposefully didn't react to it because he did not want the Molinari, Finau, and Woods group to know about it. Then Molinari had the honors and came up short. I think Finau was the true choker because he should have known. Tiger changed clubs after Molinari's shot so if he had honors he may have been in the same boat.

He didnt only dunk it on 12 though.

Well, for me anyways, the 2019 Masters is NOT the best ever. As noted by others, there are several that would, to me, rank above.
‘97 Masters ushered in the Tiger Woods Era. He dismantled the golf course, the competition, and forever changed golf as we knew it. All of golf changed after that Masters Week.
‘86 Masters for a Sunday afternoon to remember.
‘09 Open at Turnberry For 76 holes, glued to the TV, can he do it? Tom Watson, may not have won the Open that year, but his play at 59 years old had every golf fan in the world watching in sheer amazement.
From a fan perspective, I watched ‘86 Sunday back nine and ‘97 both Saturday and Sunday. ‘09, virtually all 76 holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not best.
To be the best the finish has to have more excitement than that.

2019 was good but not the best ever. 1997 was amazing, love watching 1986 as well. I think 2019 has more drama for Tiger up until the 15th really, which makes it very good but doesn’t eclipse 86 or 97

For me it is 86. Both have a similar feel to them as the crowds were clearly energized to see both Jack and Tiger competing for the jacket and the energy clearly affected the other competitors. Jack's run on the back 9 sets it just above the 2019 Masters for me though.

I’d put 97 over 19. My order goes 86,97....01, 19.

2001 had fire power all around it, and it also gave us the first time all four professional majors were under one roof.

here’s a question: are 1986 and 2019 basically the same thing? How many people choked on the second 9 in order for Jack to win? How many people did the same for Tiger to win?

!954 was the best ever, It had been Snead or Hogan to win for the previous 5 years. The tied at 72 holes and Snead shoots 2 under to Hogans 1 under on Monday's 18 hole playoff....Second to that one was 1975 when Nicklaus won his 5th and it was the first year an African American qualified and played in the Masters-Lee Elder

No.

The 1986 Masters is the best ever.
This ⬆️...
Jack came from 6 back, shot a 30 on the 2nd nine. In the twilight of his career, Jack put the Sun back in the sky one last time, and gave us one more day of summer.

The Tiger comeback story moves this one up the list, but I think his win over DiMarco in 2005 may be the best Masters I've watched.

It could be the best ever if youre a Tiger fan, other than that, meh... FWIW, The Open Championship that year had higher ratings than The Masters did, sooooooo...

It could be the best ever if youre a Tiger fan, other than that, meh... FWIW, The Open Championship that year had higher ratings than The Masters did, sooooooo...

Can you supply where that data came from? Because The Open Championship actually had the lowest ratings it has had in years.

Can you share that data because just looking it up on Google, that isnt correct.
And that is with the rain at Augusta causing a move up in time.
I looked it up on Google a week or 2 ago. Not sure where I saw it but it may be one of those things where, "I saw it on the internet, so it must be true". :LOL: And of course, now that I actually want to find it, I cant find it from any source that is reputable or that Ive even ever heard of. 🤷‍♂️ The only link I could find is the one you shared, which isnt what Id call reputable.

I looked it up on Google a week or 2 ago. Not sure where I saw it but it may be one of those things where, "I saw it on the internet, so it must be true". :LOL: And of course, now that I actually want to find it, I cant find it from any source that is reputable or that Ive even ever heard of. 🤷‍♂️ The only link I could find is the one you shared, which isnt what Id call reputable.

The Masters was the highest rated and Sunday, even with rain delay.

It was a great event but not the greatest.

That's a tough one. 97 was amazing but 19 actually had my eyes watering a bit. It was probably my favorite.

The early tee times made it the best for me. I didn’t think I would ever see 🐅 win another major. I cried!

Other than winner of 18, that was a good one too!

It's hard not to have that feeling of someone choking a major away making it less... I don't know...

#12 at Augusta gets people doesn't it? It happened to Spieth. So should water balls at 12 really count as choking?

We can ignore the 12th as that is a constant source of choking. FM's work in the 15th is where he choked as if he pars it then he forces Tiger to par the 18th to win.

I only started watching the Masters in 96 so my history is shorter.

The weather starting the round early (in Mountain Time Zone) meant I had to get updates on my phone during a round. I knew what was going to happen when I went home to watch it. I still was on pins and needles watching the coverage. The only other times I was so invested in watching was '04 Mickelson, '05 Tiger, and '12 Bubba. Of the 4 mentioned I would say that '19 had the best story line so I would put it on top of the Masters that I have seen.

Patrick Reed just called and he said his win was in the top 5 so there is that as well. :sick::sick::eek: :p

I think it was one of the best for sure. I was glued to the tv set. Molinari felt the Tiger pressure of old and buckled making it even more exciting to watch.

This. 100% this.

I didn't see the '86 Masters, but even if I had I might be inclined to go with '97 anyways. The way Tiger started 4-over through 9 on Thursday and then absolutely crushed the course and competition was truly something to behold.

Lol people are so obsessed with who chokes when talking about sports. Sometimes people just hit bad shots. Winning golf tournaments requires a lot of luck in some way or another.

Back