First Look: Tour Edge EXS Pro Irons

It's definitely not, if you read the feature that we have on the home page (your wrote).
I get it though, the look is pretty darn similar, near identical.

To use a flip side, if Apex came out and looked just like something else, the posts would be pretty darn funny.

These to me look very similar to the apex from the back. From the top they look very very different.

I'll start by stating that I have no clue how Tour Edge operates - but I just don't buy that during all of the extensive R&D, design, and prototyping phases nobody stood up and said "Uhh guys...we know this looks just like something else on the market right?"
So whether or not the club underneath is the same or different to the Apex, it looks the same and that has to be on purpose. There's no way it got all the way to market before someone clued in. Did they set out to copy the Apex look or was it just a happy accident? I'm sure we'll never know.

Time will tell if this is a genius move or not. If they can convince consumers that they have an "Apex" for 70% of the cost, perhaps they fly off the shelves. When Hyundai started selling copycat Mercedes for half the price they did extremely well.

I actually agree with this. While I don't think it was as much "on purpose" heading in, there is no question it was known in my opinion and they ran with it. If this were a standard release, I would have a bigger opinion on the matter. Being a limited Tour Van release, I think it makes a lot of sense, especially considering how different the irons are in construction.

So with these being Tour Van Release, does that mean these are not like Apex? Apex, I believe was designed with forgiveness in mind and as a distance iron. Does this operate the same as a players distance offering some forgiveness as well...

Are these along the same lines?
Apex
EXS Pro

So with these being Tour Van Release, does that mean these are not like Apex? Apex, I believe was designed with forgiveness in mind and as a distance iron. Does this operate the same as a players distance offering some forgiveness as well...

Are these along the same lines?
Apex
EXS Pro
Very different construction and materials between these and Apex. I can’t comment on the forgiveness because I haven’t hit them.

Very different construction and materials between these and Apex. I can’t comment on the forgiveness because I haven’t hit them.

Based on construction alone, is it more inline with a player's iron? T100/Srixon 785

From a materials these would be far superior due to the 1025 steel used that generally generates a soft feel and consistent feedback. These are beautiful irons.

1591292690809.png

Do you think club champion will have these to hit later in the month? Or since it's a limited release they're only being sold online

Do you think club champion will have these to hit later in the month? Or since it's a limited release they're only being sold online
I’m not sure about club champion but they will be available at select custom club fitting locations, so they aren’t online only.

I believe a lot of TEE product was not picked up at club fitting locations due to low dollar cost and overall less interest by the market. Can't speak to CC but local fitter here that is great does not carry the brand.

I'm reviving an old thread, but does anyone know what shafts Tour Edge offers, be it upcharge or no upcharge from their standard offering?

I just looked at these 2 weeks ago. Local golf shop has a set. Still good looking irons!

IMG_1318.jpegIMG_1319.jpegIMG_1320.jpegIMG_1321.jpegSaw these at my local Play It Again Sports! 😳😆

Those are really good looking sticks.

Back