2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I never ran the 3200 well in high school. I did the 800 in 2:07 and the 1600 in 5:01. Those were my best times. I've got some decent 2 miles repeat splits from a couple years ago, but nothing near 12 minutes.
Those 12 minute ones are going on 12 years ago.... how time flies!

Hit some almost golf balls in the backyard, then ran some sprints to go retrieve them. Did that for an hour, probably 20 rounds,since I only have 4 balls left, so I ran around 40 100 yard sprints. Felt really good to stretch my legs a bit!

Did some pushups and will be doing power yoga later. Overall a great day fitness wise!

Worked on cable exercises emulating golf swing moves plus abs.

I started running recently, when the furlough started. Started with the Couch to 5k, have now moved on to the 10k training

I run with my wife and the dogs, I think Alfie is reaching his limit now.

I try to keep an easy pace, average just over 8 minutes per K at the moment. I could go faster but Alfie wouldn't be able to keep up

For the record Alfie is a Basset Hound so not really the best running partner, but I started this with him and I intend to do as much as I can with hm before having to leave him behind

I started running recently, when the furlough started. Started with the Couch to 5k, have now moved on to the 10k training

I run with my wife and the dogs, I think Alfie is reaching his limit now.

I try to keep an easy pace, average just over 8 minutes per K at the moment. I could go faster but Alfie wouldn't be able to keep up

For the record Alfie is a Basset Hound so not really the best running partner, but I started this with him and I intend to do as much as I can with hm before having to leave him behind
Nice work so far, and I'm sure it's nice to have a running partner, even if he isn't quite up to your pace!

Are you planning to run a 5k?

Nice work so far, and I'm sure it's nice to have a running partner, even if he isn't quite up to your pace!

Are you planning to run a 5k?

Yes, thats my plan, I have run the full 5k already a few times. The training has now moved onto the 10k stage so its back to running / walking intervals

I think we have one planned for December in North Wales with our niece

Yes, thats my plan, I have run the full 5k already a few times. The training has now moved onto the 10k stage so its back to running / walking intervals

I think we have one planned for December in North Wales with our niece
That's great. I love the excitement of running a race with a bunch of people, always a good time! Good luck, and can't wait to hear how your training goes!

Thanks, we try to get out 2 - 3 times a week for the training. I have to admit that I never thought I would be able to run.

I have 2 pairs of running shoes - Asics GT 8000 2 and Nike Joyride Flyknit Run, although I am not sure the Nike are suited to my running sytle as I overpronate

Thanks, we try to get out 2 - 3 times a week for the training. I have to admit that I never thought I would be able to run.

I have 2 pairs of running shoes - Asics GT 8000 2 and Nike Joyride Flyknit Run, although I am not sure the Nike are suited to my running sytle as I overpronate
I too overpronate and really like a pair of Brooks I have. I can't remember the model off the top of my head, but I'll have to check them out and let you know. Love the Brooks though, as well as a pair of Mizuno Wave's. The Mizuno's are much lighter, not that the Brooks are heavy, but prefer the lighter shoes for shorter runs, and the Brooks for longer.

My wife had Brooks but just sent them back as they were causing her to get blisters, my Asics were recommened by the Asics shoe fitter app

The Nike look really good and have the new all bean cushioning system

According to the wife I don't overpronate as badly in the Asics

Getting back into the gym has been a blast for me. 3 days so far this week.

Deadlifted a good/clean/hard 495 for 5 reps last night. Feels good to train again. Everything is moving up nicely and I love it.

Getting back into the gym has been a blast for me. 3 days so far this week.

Deadlifted a good/clean/hard 495 for 5 reps last night. Feels good to train again. Everything is moving up nicely and I love it.
Great news, especially with some of the bumps in the road! Keep it going man!

Trained yesterday. Bench press and press. Both of those are approaching PR numbers. So that's nice.

Got in some chest back and core work today. Been walking to much lately, really like a cart option on occasion.

I set a PB for a 5k since college last weekend. 23:06. Not bad since it was in the middle of a longer run.

I'm going to do an actual 5k in a few weeks. Not sure exactly what my goal will be.

I've stalled out on my weight loss bouncing between 168-171 these past few weeks. So close to my goal of 165.

I set a PB for a 5k since college last weekend. 23:06. Not bad since it was in the middle of a longer run.

I'm going to do an actual 5k in a few weeks. Not sure exactly what my goal will be.

I've stalled out on my weight loss bouncing between 168-171 these past few weeks. So close to my goal of 165.
Man, nice work in the 5k time and your weight goal! Hopefully you can find one more thing that pushes you over and get you there! Keep it up!

I haven't touched a 5k in that time in a few years. Did a 5k in 21:42 in 2014, but nothing since has even come close.

Nice work. My goal weight is 165 too

I'm heading out shortly for a run, you can add about 19 minutes to that 5k time for me

On the final day of week 1 of the 10k training - 10 minute run x 4 with 1 minute walking intervals in between

Well back, set 7 Personal Bests today according to the stats. Pace was definatley faster and I think Alfie suffered for it, may have to dial it back down a little

Back out again in a few days for the next weeks sessions, 15 minute runs x 3 with 1 minute walking intervals

An hour or so rest and then off to the course for some golf

Good numbers! Anymore it takes me a mile or 2 to stretch out my legs and feel good, and I see you got faster towards the end. I haven't been on many long runs lately though to stretch my legs out.

I used to be able to run a sub 12 minute 2 mile in high school/college. I'd hate to think what it would be now...:rolleyes:

I can run a sub 12 minute 1 mile! 😂

About 40 years ago I could run 6 minute miles - but those days are long gone & never coming back, I think.

Yesterday I did run a 5k and then biked 25 miles with my wife. Now I just have to be more consistent & do more each week. Add weight training & better diet, and maybe someday soon I'll be able to fit into those biking shorts & jerseys that we packed away around 20 years (and 40 lbs) ago!

Did a good core and stretching routine today.

Did a 3.5k run today after walking 18 holes carrying my bag

Alfie managed to trip me up, causing me to fall like a lead weight, rip my skins and gash my knee badly

More annoyed that my skins are now destroyed, will have to turn them into under shorts now

I'm 10 weeks into Noom and down 12lbs. I feel much better, never have heart burn, and fit into my clothes better.

Back