Review Indi Golf Putters Review

There are so many things I like about this putter, but the best way to compliment it is to say that the Allison has not left my bag since I put in play for the initial test round. I have made some amazing putts with it. Including 2 yesterday that blew my mind and my playing partner's mind. Never thought I would have a putter I liked more than I liked my Odyssey EXO 7s, but this one tops it.

I will echo what @billyh said about the cover. For a putter in this price range and of this quality I would have thought that they would have a nicer cover for it, but I just picked up a black Georgia Bulldogs magnetic cover for it and moveD on. As my buddy said about the cover "that cover isn't going to make you sink or miss any putts, Playa". He is right!!!

Last edited:
Still really enjoying rolling the Allison on my indoor putting green. Hoping I will be able to get it outdoors in May to be able to test it on actual grass and test putts in excess of 8 feet. The feel/sound still blows me away every time I roll putts with it.

Kicking around pulling the Two Thumb grip and putting a standard size pistol grip (that I have been using forever) on it to see how my results fare with the putter. At this point, with the Two Thumb grip that is a far cry from any grip that I have ever used previously, it is really difficult to distinguish whether the success I am seeing in coming from the putter, the putter grip and putting grip change or the sum of the parts. If it looks like my course will re-open 5/1, I will likely leave it intact to try it outdoors first. If not, I will probably break it up and test them separately (the grip would go on a putter I have a ton of experience rolling with a completely different grip).

Curiosity and boredom finally got the better of me. Pulled the huge and heavy Two Thumb grip from the Allison and replaced it with a Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star, which is much closer to the stock Lamkin grip. Did not note any performance degredation compared to my experience with the putter with the Two Thumb grip. Still rolled, aligned and felt/sounded like a dream. I was actually surprised that the head didn't fill like I was putting with a sledge hammer at first considering I dropped about 120 grams in grip weight. Went back to my old faithful (sometimes) standard reverse overlap grip with the much smaller grip that does not lend it self to the prayer style putting grip I was using with the other grip. So, as far as I am concerned, the putter is very solid anyway you slice it.

On my 3rd different grip (this one will stay...probably) on the Indi Allison and still really enjoying the putter. Putter hasn't skipped a beat with the way it rolls, ease of alignment or fantastic feel/sound through the changes. As mentioned in my previous post went to a standard size pistol grip 2nd but just felt to weird free getting so used to the Two Thumb grip. Currently have a Flat Cat Tak standard size grip on it and am enjoying the overall feel and balance of the putter. The FC is about half the weight and about a third of an inch narrower across the front of the grip than the TT.

Does anybody have any questions about the putter or tech involved?

With still only being able to roll 8 foot or under indoor putts, I am kind of at a loss regarding what else to say about it that I have not already posted. As mentioned in my last post, I have tried three different grips and had to use three different putting grips to accomodate those grips and the putter still performs very well within the limitations mentioned.

Ok time to update again. The more I play this putter and the more familiar I get with it, the more I’m liking it. The blue line up lines can be a little hard to see and that is my only complaint. There is a small but noticeable feel on off center hits but the ball rolls really well when you get extremely off center. Today I mostly played a Pro V1 and it felt extremely good. I putted a couple balls well off the green today from both the fringe and fairways to see how forty plus footers felt. With a softer two piece ball it felt more like hitting marshmallow but it still rolled very well.
Honest opinion, for those putter hoes out there, you guys need to pick one of these up and give it a shot. As far as feel, quality, and craftsmanship I’d put it up against any Scotty, Toulon, Benti, or name your boutique brand here. I really like it. @Indi Golf you have a quality putter here. I would have zero problems gaming this thing and it would take a lot to get it out of the bag.
The only gripe I have with it (personal preference) is the lack of center line up mark on the top of the face. I know it’s not the first time I said that, but that’s the ONLY thing I have against it.

9 yesterday and 18 today were my first 2 experiences with the Allison on actual grass. Like with my reviews of putting with it on the indoor green, the putter felt great, rolled the ball really well and was easy to align to my intended line. This was the first time I actually got to test distance control and was very happy with this aspect from the Allison. No issues at all getting the proper speed for putts up to probably about 35 feet. And the forgiveness on off-center strikes, as I previously mentioned, was very good on grass also.

The only drawback I have seen with this putter came today. Today was in the low to mid 70's with very low humidity so the sun was very bright. The reflection off the satin chrome finish was quite blinding at times to the point where it was quite distracting trying to line up a putt because the two white alignment lines on the flange were very difficult to see. Towards the middle of next week, the temperature and humidity are supposed to turn a little more normal for this time of year (high 80's to low 90's and a significantly higher percentage of humidity) so I will have to see if that changes anything.

9 yesterday and 18 today were my first 2 experiences with the Allison on actual grass. Like with my reviews of putting with it on the indoor green, the putter felt great, rolled the ball really well and was easy to align to my intended line. This was the first time I actually got to test distance control and was very happy with this aspect from the Allison. No issues at all getting the proper speed for putts up to probably about 35 feet. And the forgiveness on off-center strikes, as I previously mentioned, was very good on grass also.

The only drawback I have seen with this putter came today. Today was in the low to mid 70's with very low humidity so the sun was very bright. The reflection off the satin chrome finish was quite blinding at times to the point where it was quite distracting trying to line up a putt because the two white alignment lines on the flange were very difficult to see. Towards the middle of next week, the temperature and humidity are supposed to turn a little more normal for this time of year (high 80's to low 90's and a significantly higher percentage of humidity) so I will have to see if that changes anything.
And you sir, have found my only knock on that one, the satin on that mallet head is just too much on a clear day. It’s pretty, but black would be better

And you sir, have found my only knock on that one, the satin on that mallet head is just too much on a clear day. It’s pretty, but black would be better

I do remeber that from your review. Today was one of the few times I was actually thankful for my shawdow to be cast over the ball.

A couple of more rounds in bright sunlight with the Allison and it is definitely a no go for me in those conditions. Would highly recommend anybody considering the mallet putter to get the black finish. It is a beautiful and great performing head but the glare off the satin chrome finish in bright conditions is just too distracting for me. Very wise move in changing your mind @Just_Hacking .

For anybody that may be interested in either head shape, Indi sent out an email a short time ago with a coupon code (1putt) for 30% off all putters.

A couple of more rounds in bright sunlight with the Allison and it is definitely a no go for me in those conditions. Would highly recommend anybody considering the mallet putter to get the black finish. It is a beautiful and great performing head but the glare off the satin chrome finish in bright conditions is just too distracting for me. Very wise move in changing your mind @Just_Hacking .

For anybody that may be interested in either head shape, Indi sent out an email a short time ago with a coupon code (1putt) for 30% off all putters.
As I said during the review, It’s just not great on bright days. Which sucks because the roll is freaking impeccable. Love that you’ve worked it out so much my friend, thank you.

As I said during the review, It’s just not great on bright days. Which sucks because the roll is freaking impeccable. Love that you’ve worked it out so much my friend, thank you.

And I will continue to do so with pleasure. Just not on bright sunny days.

And I will continue to do so with pleasure. Just not on bright sunny days.
Believe me, I understand. But that mallet in black would be KILLER.

Believe me, I understand. But that BLADE in black would be KILLER.
Fixed it for you.

I had the pleasure of making it out today for another round. My putting was pretty dismal to say the least. One thing that still stands out is how fricken well this putter rolls on extreme toe miss hits. I hit several putts off the toe and roll was within inches (like 1-2) of where a centered hit would be. Only difference I could tell was those shots sounded and felt different. But holy cow, the feel.
I wish I had another premium putter to compare this to. I’m going to have to check the pawn shops/thrift stores/and flea bay to see what I can find.

Fixed it for you.

I had the pleasure of making it out today for another round. My putting was pretty dismal to say the least. One thing that still stands out is how fricken well this putter rolls on extreme toe miss hits. I hit several putts off the toe and roll was within inches (like 1-2) of where a centered hit would be. Only difference I could tell was those shots sounded and felt different. But holy cow, the feel.
I wish I had another premium putter to compare this to. I’m going to have to check the pawn shops/thrift stores/and flea bay to see what I can find.

Reading @Sox_Fan experience with the satin finish I am really glad I went with the black finish. And just to update, that it the Allison is still in my bag. I don't see that changing anytime in the near future. I don't think I have ever had a putter that put as good a roll on the ball as this one does. Such a great feel!!

Reading @Sox_Fan experience with the satin finish I am really glad I went with the black finish. And just to update, that it the Allison is still in my bag. I don't see that changing anytime in the near future. I don't think I have ever had a putter that put as good a roll on the ball as this one does. Such a great feel!!
When you won, I was really happy to see you choose the black finish.

When you won, I was really happy to see you choose the black finish.
I originally went with the satin, but reconsidered after reading concerns about the glare so I quickly messaged them back to change it to the black. It was a great move! Thanks for your input as that was the deciding factor.

I originally went with the satin, but reconsidered after reading concerns about the glare so I quickly messaged them back to change it to the black. It was a great move! Thanks for your input as that was the deciding factor.
This makes me happy! SOMEONE READS! :p:p:p

@Just_Hacking are you having any issues seeing the alignment lines with the black finish on the Allison? In shadows with sunglasses on the blue on the Ramone gets hard to see. I’m almost contemplating repainting them a lighter color.

@Just_Hacking are you having any issues seeing the alignment lines with the black finish on the Allison? In shadows with sunglasses on the blue on the Ramone gets hard to see. I’m almost contemplating repainting them a lighter color.

Most the time I wear golf specific lenses that are somewhat rose or even pink in color, but even with my dark lenses on I haven't had any issues seeing the alignment lines..

Go get a paint pen and refill them white. Give it a go!

Bringing this one back up from page 4. Haven't painted the sight lines yet as it's been really bright and I think I'm really getting used to it. The putter is holding up very well and the finish shows no sign of wear over the last couple of months. Does anyone have any questions about the Ramone? The more I play this putter, the more it really is wearing on me. I'm going to be switching up a little and put it side by side a cheaper Wilson Staff Infinite model and see just how much better it is.

Took the Allison out for a round today. It was bright and sunny and I kind of regretted it when that glare off the putter slapped me in the face on the first green. The only time all round I could actually see the flange alignment lines was the few times when my shadow was cast over the putter head. But, even with that, I made several nice putts with it so I absolutely will not complain about that.

These putters are beginning to peek my interest, but there are too many putters ahead of them right now to even thinking about buying one. For right now an Indi is on the back burner.

Just ordered the Black Allison. Have never ordered a putter I have not tested....Even went to a golf shop in Chesapeake which had Indi as a club choice...Got there and was advised no Indi putters...and I took a few swings with a TM Spyder X..hit 3 putts made 3....dropped 3 more balls down, made 3 more. Bought it....Ugh It rolls pretty nice but....I had thoughts that a high moi putter like Allison would be special....went Black based on all the input above....Loved the 1putt coupon. Thank You for advising. I'll report back once have utilized a few times. Had been gaming an Axis 1 and loved the balance....But I use my putter often off the green and at times put a pretty big swing on it. My hope is Allison will be a better performer in that regard, as well as more stable on short putts.

Back