Will Phil Mickelson Win Post 50?

Think he can do it. Never doubt Phil

Hope not but he probably will win a lesser event with a weaker field eventually. Can't see him winning anything big with a strong field though.

I think he will be able to pull it together on one of the events and take a win.

I would not be surprised to see him win, but if I had to put my own money on it, I think he will not.

@Canadan isn't today the day that he is supposed to turn 50? I honestly can't remember...

Its going to be a strange year and I bet he can find a way to win!

It really depends on how many more Pebble Beach Pro-AM's he ends up playing. I say he would have to play at least 10 more years to have a shot at 50 and that is still pushing it.

On the regular tour ... No. On the senior tour .... yes (y)

I think he can get another tour win but it would need to be a tournament with fans so he still gets the good lies on the errant shots from all the grass being trampled down.

Yes, I think he can still win. He's got the game, he just needs to get his driver under control.

Yep.

I think he'll have a good enough weekend somewhere to pull one out and just piss everyone who wants to see him go away right off.

Last year he had a win and a second place finish.
This year he has a third place finish already.

Do you think he will win post 50?

Yes, but doubtful against a full field of top talent. Most likely a great weekend at a secondary event. And I am a Phil fan, to be clear, just reality.

Will he? Dunno. Can he? Yes I believe he can still hang with the pack on a good day.

It is golf so he could get hot for an event. However the way he has been playing the past year and what I saw of him this past week, I don’t think he will. Stacked fields will most likely be the norm for the remainder of the year.

I don't think he'll put it off. I wish he would because I like Phil, but I think being wild off the tee and scrambling often will keep him from winning again. Plus, it seems like his putting has been streaky.

Yes, He will get hot one weekend and pull out a win.

Sure, on the Champions Tour.

He may win a reduced-field event. But winning majors and full-field tourneys? He's done, I think.

Regarding regular tour, its possible not probable. I am not betting against him as the minute I do he will find four rounds. Sincerely hope he plays the Champions Tour (at least the majors).

I wonder how long his arthritis meds will continue to work for him. They sometimes start to not work with time and you have to roll the dice with a new one.
Looks like hes in good shape now. I really bulked up when I was on similar meds years ago. Makes ya wonder. :unsure:

Do you think he will play the senior tour? I think his ego is too big for that.
He has said that he won't move to the Champions Tour until he can't keep up (distance-wise) with the guys on the PGA Tour. He said as long as he's "hitting bombs", he's staying where he is. I wouldn't rule out him playing the Champions Tour eventually, but it might be a couple/few years.

Health, business interest and his family life all weight in here. He has taken time off for graduations and other family things as he should. When the kids get older you find there is suddenly more free time to practice. Maybe its the same for him. Either way I see him winning again. He is very talented if a bit unfocused at times.

Back