Is Bubba Watson a Hall of Famer?

He meets their criteria, so he'll probably get in. I agree with @TCB2010 that my vote would be no solely based upon a strong dislike.

He should get in.

From their website, under Criteria & Process

Male Competitor
A player must have a cumulative total of 15 or more official victories on any of the original members of the International Federation of PGA Tours (PGA TOUR, European Tour, Japan Golf Tour, Sunshine Tour, Asian Tour and PGA of Australasia) OR at least two victories among the following events: The Masters, THE PLAYERS Championship, the U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship.

A player must be at least 45 years old during the year of a given Induction Ceremony (example: A player be at least 45 years old in 2021 in order to qualify for the Class of 2021), or be at least three years removed from being an active participant (as determined by the Tour) on any of the original members of the International Federation of PGA Tours.

So, it seems, yes.

Do these criteria guarantee entrance like the Women's golf hall of fame. If not I would say he is on the edge but not in for me.

He meets their criteria, so he'll probably get in. I agree with @TCB2010 that my vote would be no solely based upon a strong dislike.

He’s certainly another one of the polarizing players

Bubba Watson was one hot golfer a few years ago. Racking up multiple wins over the span of a few years that included two majors.

Winning the Masters twice were certainly the highlight, but he also has 16 wins total on the PGA and Euro Tours combined.

Does that put him in the Hall of Fame in your opinion?

Continue reading...
No

Tough call. If he gets to 20 wins or wins another major, I think he is definitely in. Don't think he needs to do both.

Tough call. If he gets to 20 wins or wins another major, I think he is definitely in. Don't think he needs to do both.

I like how we now talk about racking up 20 wins is now somehow an easy thing to do. Kind of crazy when you think of it.

Not sure what I think about this. He has the wins and the majors, but Hall of Fame? I think he'll get in though.

I'm a Bubba fan, so I would say yes. Athough I would like to see him rack up another major just to solidify his place.

Given the resumes of several others who have gotten in, yes. Also, while I'm not a huge fan, my kids love him. I think they appreciate the sort of goofiness in a way adults might shun it.

From their website, under Criteria & Process

Male Competitor
A player must have a cumulative total of 15 or more official victories on any of the original members of the International Federation of PGA Tours (PGA TOUR, European Tour, Japan Golf Tour, Sunshine Tour, Asian Tour and PGA of Australasia) OR at least two victories among the following events: The Masters, THE PLAYERS Championship, the U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship.

A player must be at least 45 years old during the year of a given Induction Ceremony (example: A player be at least 45 years old in 2021 in order to qualify for the Class of 2021), or be at least three years removed from being an active participant (as determined by the Tour) on any of the original members of the International Federation of PGA Tours.

So, it seems, yes.

Agreed

Bubba will be in the HOF....100%. I'm no Bubba fan but the dude has performed well enough to be in. And all on the basis of doing it Bubba's way...self taught.

It would be nice if he had more wins. But for me 2 majors gets the job done. Anyone can get lucky and run hot for a weekend. Nobody does that twice. That’s elite talent in my book.

It would be nice if he had more wins. But for me 2 majors gets the job done. Anyone can get lucky and run hot for a weekend. Nobody does that twice. That’s elite talent in my book.
John Daly?

I think he is, yes. 2 majors. I personally cant stand Bubba but it would be a shame if he didnt make the HOF.

John Daly?
I admit Daly is the weak link for my theory. 5 PGA tour wins. 3 Euro tour wins. About 10 "Other" wins. But two of his wins are the PGA and The Open, so I'd put him in the HOF too.

Last edited:
He's in.

He's also my HOF for the least likely for the "average Joe" to want to have a beer with.......... along with Patrick Reed

I admit Daly is the weak link for my theory. 5 PGA tour wins. 3 Euro tour wins. About 10 "Other" wins. But two of his wins the PGA and The Open, so i'd put him in the HOF too.

I tend to agree but want a bit more longevity.

He's in.

He's also my HOF for the least likely for the "average Joe" to want to have a beer with.......... along with Patrick Reed

I don't know how you can mention him in the same sentence as Reed. Bubba seems likeable to me. I'm not sure what everyone has against him.

I admit Daly is the weak link for my theory. 5 PGA tour wins. 3 Euro tour wins. About 10 "Other" wins. But two of his wins are the PGA and The Open, so I'd put him in the HOF too.

take a look at those other wins....It's like saying winning the shark shootout is a big deal.

Back