Review Bushnell Tour V5 Laser Rangefinder Review

Did you read it all the way through? I discussed our single issue with it in there :ROFLMAO:

In my opinion, the Precision Pro magnet is stronger, but I have no scientific data to back that up. One has fallen off, the other hasn't.
I did, and since I've had a rangefinder jump from the centre console to underneath a rear wheel that's why I was curious to see if you could elaborate. You confirmed my apprehension about using a magnet.

And you have driven over that exact bridge. Hammock Beach Conservatory 18th coming to club house. Bounce Bounce Bounce and sat right on the edge.

Glad I didn’t pull the trigger.

Also I miss Hammock Beach like WHOA

Glad I didn’t pull the trigger.

Also I miss Hammock Beach like WHOA

I have not had the same issue with the Precision Pro 9, and will probably stick with that

While this is probably a great rangefinder, I don't see it as a positive upgrade. That is the one positive about rangefinders, they will last a long time.

You got that right.

Not too long after I started playing golf (in the 1990's) the Bushnell Medalist came out. Got one and used it for donkeys until I dropped it one too many times and it started occasionally refusing to give me a yardage to a pin. Worked fine about 9 out of 10 times but it was time to move on.

So I bought one the Nikon image-stabilized rangefinders just about as soon as they were available. It's white so it is starting to look a little grotty after a few hundred rounds in my sweaty hands. But I'll probably get another decade out of it, at least I hope so (it was expensive!).

I think it's fantastic that they offer the app alongside it.

Bushnell is a critical element of my game, so much so that I don't even bother trying to bring in my GPS instead. That said, any new device I touch from Bushnell BETTER be outstanding, because I have huge expectations for their devices.

JB do you remove the battery in between rounds?

Well....I am forced to replace my beloved Bushnell V2 Patriot from a few years ago. I guess I left it in the rental cart last weekend and of course no one has turned it in.
I just ordered the V5 without the slope from Dick's and will pick it up curbside on my way to league play this afternoon.
Once I use it a couple of times, I will come back and post my thoughts. I will be judging it against the multi-version back of my V2, so there should be some real improvements.

I splurged and purchased the Bushnell Tour V5 shift. A bit on the expensive side, but so far really enjoying it. The Optics are crystal clear as advertised and the pinseeker with visual/feel indication is great. A friend of mine and I both had rangefinders and both were shooting a pin at about 130 yards, and I locked in right away while he was pushing the laser button over and over and having trouble locking in. Bushnells are on the expensive side, but I figure it is the top of the line as far as rangefinders and is worth it. Bushnell seems to stand by their products as my gps watch stopped connecting to the satellite a month after the warranty ran out. I called them and they said to send it in to them and they gave me a brand new watch for free, and it was the newer model watch. So far just good things with Bushnell products and warranty.

Any additional comments regarding battery life ???

Back