Forum Testing Signup: New Shafts Before They Hit Stores

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

2-10.jpg
Photo courtesy of Jman

The Shafts
Each tester will get 3 shafts to put into their clubs and these are primarily irons and wedges. They are 75g in weight and came with some pretty great feedback from @Jman which you can read at the link below. These are not available for purchase yet, and you will be some of the first to try.

Criteria
THP will select a group of 3 THPers to test the shafts alongside Jman who has tested them.
You must be able to check in on the thread (linked above) daily (or close to it) to discuss and answer questions.
You will be reviewing the shafts for a period of 30 days (then they yours to keep/lose).

How to Signup
Post in this thread the answer to these 3 questions.
1. What iron shafts do you normally play?
2. Do you like trying unique golf items?
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try?

THE TESTERS:
This Could Be You
This Could Be You
This Could Be You

I have been fit into 120-130 gram iron shafts and currently using an 80 gram shaft in driver. I definitely prefer a heavier feel so I hope that at least one of the chosen testers will be switching from heavier shafts as well. I will be interested in how the shaft performs and if the tester gets comfortable with the light weight feel.

Really cool opportunity! Goodluck everyone!

Good luck!!

Good luck everyone, would love to test these but I have no means of fitting them to my clubs

Will be very interested to see read everyones thoughts though

Awesome opportunity everyone!!! Good luck!

This would be a lot of fun, but the only thing I have that I could put them in is my old wedges. I'm waiting for my new irons to show up, any day now I hope, and I'm not swapping anything on them right away. My old irons have a weird proprietary shaft size, 0.362, and I'm not confident that I could fit a normal 0.355 shaft in them properly. Oh well, one of these days maybe I'll get to test something for the forum, but I guess not this time. :dohanim:

• Admin
This would be a lot of fun, but the only thing I have that I could put them in is my old wedges. I'm waiting for my new irons to show up, any day now I hope, and I'm not swapping anything on them right away. My old irons have a weird proprietary shaft size, 0.362, and I'm not confident that I could fit a normal 0.355 shaft in them properly. Oh well, one of these days maybe I'll get to test something for the forum, but I guess not this time. :dohanim:

The good news is you can review the gear in your bag for the forum anytime. Everybody loves feedback. :)

These will flat out stun people and open some eyes to a brand.

I’m ready to share feedback with those selected!

Based on the pic posted this will be fun for whoever gets selected, I certainly would like a shot at it.

Here's my go:

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? Normally I play FST Pro 125 Stepless, recently fitted into DG120 XS & Modus Pro 120 XS.
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? Absolutely, anything that may make me shoot better scores or have fun trying to do that must be good.
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? I think putting a 75g shaft that has the potential to play like a heavier shaft without all the extra weight has the potential to change how we look at shafts all round.

These have a unique design to them & I'm very curious to see if they truly work.

1. I've got the Project X Catalyst shafts in my irons, but I want to put this in the Utility #2 iron that currently has UST V2 hybrid shaft.
2. Absolutely, I love companies that go out of the norm & then have stats to back it up.
3. I really want to see if this shaft gets the ball high in the air & has a different decent angle in the Utility. Basically the same reasoning as @Jman :eek:

I would love to try these out as irons shafts are my primary interest these days but I don't have easy access to an LM and I am not sure if my subjective feedback is the desired result...

I would love to try these out as irons shafts are my primary interest these days but I don't have easy access to an LM and I am not sure if my subjective feedback is the desired result...

We do not expect forum members to have launch monitor access. Test the shafts and report back what you see and feel.

I have been playing UST Recoil 95 in F4 this year after reading some great feedback on THP.

Absolutely! There are some times where tradition is to be respected and others when we need to break the mold and test our expectations. This is how we advance and learn new things.

First, I get excited about new technology and new ways of thinking. When someone steps up and says “I can do that, but better” I want to try it and test their claim. Besides that, these look absolutely wild and the rapid taper sound like a great option for my wedges. Extra ball speed? Yes please.

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6, S flex, 65g

2. Do you like trying unique golf items? I like trying out different shaft combos to see how they feel with my swing and what performance advantages/disadvantages I am seeing.

3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? given how they are designed and the differences from the current shafts I play, I think these would be an eye opener in terms of feel and performance...idk. It would be interesting to see how they compare to the Miyazakis, Matrix Ozik P95s and DG S300s I have in my different sets of clubs.

This sounds like a lot of fun but I just ordered new irons and wouldn't want to monkey around. I was blessed with 5 shafts from Xcaliber that I experimented with and they were great. I am interested to see people's experience with these.

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? Right now I am playing Oban CT 115 stiff but only because I haven't had the time or money to reshaft. Choice wise it would be Modus 105 stiff or Catalyst 80 stiff
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? oh yess......
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? well a speed increase, but the ability to possibly have a chance to get more height/sharper descending angles to hold greens better is awesome!

Good luck everyone.

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? I have Nippon Pro Modus 1030H which was the stock stiff shaft with my Cobra S3 irons. They are 103 grams.
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? I haven't tried much as my set is older and I haven't tinkered with it really. After joining here and learning more about equipment I would like to change that and try out new stuff.
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? The new technology inspired by a bullwhip sounds very interesting and who wouldn't want an increase in ball speed. As a low launch hitter the mid/high launch sounds appealing to help me elevate the ball more. Especially in something like the 4i or 5i where I struggle with that. I have set of 115 g KBS X-stiff that I have though about trying so it would be interesting to compare the Xcaliber shafts to not only my current shafts but the heavier shafts as well.

Great opportunity, good luck everyone

1. I play project x rifle 6.0 in my irons which are 120 gram.
2. I wouldn’t say I’ve tried something unique golf equipment wise, but I’m always open to trying new gear and brands that aren’t a major OEM. If it works it works that’s my outlook on it. I’m also very interested in golf fitting and building so lee bring about new shafts is quite interesting to me. 3. After reading the review and seeing the positive results he got from the shaft it sounds like they might be onto something. The shaft kind of reminds of a mixture between the taylormade bubble shaft and the Wilson fat shaft, with it being wise at the top and tapering down (kind of like the bubble shaft). It would also be interesting to see if I like the feel with my iron shafts being considerably heavier.

Looks like a fun opportunity.

I am playing the UST Mamiya Recoil 660 F2 flex

I am a club builder so I am always experimenting with shafts and heads.

My swing speed has slowed as I have aged and am looking for higher launching shafts for my irons and the increased ball speed would be a big plus.

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? Umm... 85g steel according to the manufacturer spec sheet
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? Different is good. And fun!
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? Umm, there's that bonafide swing speed increase! Hello more distance!(y)

Really interesting product.

Would love to try these out since you get 3 shafts to compare.

1. Currently, I use the Fujikura Atmos 6R One Length shaft in my irons (Cobra F9)
2. Who doesn't like to test out unique items to see what works and doesn't? I am like a tinkerer and always trying new different up and coming products. Hence Arccos and Blast to name two that I would call unique items to use.
3. I am interested to see how these shafts would work in a one-length setup. Could they increase the height and ball speed, while still keeping the spin on a one-length iron? So, I would put in three of my current F9 heads to measure the difference and changes from my stock shafts.

Back