Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Great looking combo. What kind of misses are you seeing?
My misses are swing related. Usually its a high right spin monster miss but occasionally I get the big toe hook too. I’ve been looking for a shaft to help with the spin but after a day like today the reality is I probably should just game it as is. It will be hard for me pull that shaft out now it just looks so damn good!

I’ve ordered a cobra connect grip for it so I can put it on to match the rest of my clubs and get rid of the old arccos sensor but things are moving very slow out in CA

One thing I have yet to do (as I normally don't) is move the heavy weight back instead of forward.

For those who have, what are your thoughts? What changes are you seeing?
It made a world of difference for me moving the heavy weight back. Launch was much better. I struggle getting the ball in the air with Low Launch/Spin.
But now that I have the Ventus shaft with a higher launch I may try and move it back just to see what happens.

Hmm 4th different shaft just showed up
0E58A0B9-8243-4715-AE81-47503EF3309A.jpeg

My misses are swing related. Usually its a high right spin monster miss but occasionally I get the big toe hook too. I’ve been looking for a shaft to help with the spin but after a day like today the reality is I probably should just game it as is. It will be hard for me pull that shaft out now it just looks so damn good!

I’ve ordered a cobra connect grip for it so I can put it on to match the rest of my clubs and get rid of the old arccos sensor but things are moving very slow out in CA
I think that shaft would look even better in a Pars and Stripes head!

Those numbers looked pretty good!

Hit A LOT of driver today. Much much better for me than last time out. I seem to have found something with a ball change and putting the driver back to 9* with my THCE shaft. Still had a couple wayward shots but overall a solid day with the Xtreme. Also it looks pretty slick

View attachment 8949631
View attachment 8949632

You definitely were moving it out there today. Think the less spinny ball is a big help.

I know this has been addressed but those with the Xtreme head , have you changed from stock 6g wgt to anything heavier with obvious gains?

What shaft did you end you end up with? I hope you love yours as much as I love mine because I've never loved a driver this much in my life!!!

Good to see another lefty checking in. (y)

I got it with stock AV Tensei blue 65 reg BUT I had a hand crafted Red hzdrus 5.5 62g 3.2* shaft laying around that I thought would look BEASTLY with the matte finish.......now I need heavier weight I believe.....Cobra offer 8/10/12/14/16/18g ?

I know this has been addressed but those with the Xtreme head , have you changed from stock 6g wgt to anything heavier with obvious gains?
Mine came with a 14g weight installed as I originally ordered the tour length version to make up for the lost swing a weight. I am currently playing a 45” shaft but have left the heavier weight in there. My shaft is a counterbalanced shaft so I figure it wouldn’t matter but I have no idea what the current swing weight is.

Finally had a chance to take my extreme to the range. All I can say is this thing is freaking forgiving. I can definitely agree that high toe is a good miss for this driver. Hit a few really close to the top line and saw very little loss in distance if any. Sound is a bit tinnier than I expected but nothing a few grams of hotmelt can’t fix. Carry distance seems on par with my G400 with tour 65 shaft which is solid.

I got it with stock AV Tensei blue 65 reg BUT I had a hand crafted Red hzdrus 5.5 62g 3.2* shaft laying around that I thought would look BEASTLY with the matte finish.......now I need heavier weight I believe.....Cobra offer 8/10/12/14/16/18g ?
I've got the standard with the two weights, so I'm no help there. Congrats on the new bomber, brother!

Picked up the pars and stripes Speedzone to compare against my Xtreme. At GG I got to hit both on Trackman and both drivers shined where they’re supposed to. Xtreme was more accurate and more consistent. Speedzone with weights forward routinely had a lower launch and spin in the low 2000s.... ball speed were exactly the same!!

SZ has the Ventus Blue and my Xtreme has a Ventus Black. I think both combos are absolutely perfect. The Black in the standard Speedzone launched too low

after the indoor trackman sessions i went
straight to the driving range. Biggest difference immediately was how different the sounds are between the 2. The Xtreme is much louder.

Also I was shocked to see how controllable and accurate the regular Speedzone was outside. Back in February I was spraying the ball all over and spinning very high with regular Speedzone which is why I went with the Xtreme. Next round I’ll put the SZ in play and see how it goes

I’m so confused. Today was really good day with driver. I played 27 holes today most of which were with the Tour B X. Granted there was some roll out there today as we haven’t had rain in over a week. I switched to a Chrome Soft X TT after 17 holes in frustration for poor wedge shots and missed putts.

Anyhow after the switch I didn’t hit a drive under 280 and what was really mind boggling was almost all we’re dead straight or a baby draw. Not sure if I had It grooved or if the ball made that big of difference but even impressed myself haha

I can't believe I'm going to say this because I despise Cobra - but I hit the SZ Xtreme and I freaking liked it. Really like how it sets up at address with the face milling wrapping onto the crown a little.

I’m so confused. Today was really good day with driver. I played 27 holes today most of which were with the Tour B X. Granted there was some roll out there today as we haven’t had rain in over a week. I switched to a Chrome Soft X TT after 17 holes in frustration for poor wedge shots and missed putts.

Anyhow after the switch I didn’t hit a drive under 280 and what was really mind boggling was almost all we’re dead straight or a baby draw. Not sure if I had It grooved or if the ball made that big of difference but even impressed myself haha

I am willing to bet that your swing fell into a great groove.

Picked up the pars and stripes Speedzone to compare against my Xtreme. At GG I got to hit both on Trackman and both drivers shined where they’re supposed to. Xtreme was more accurate and more consistent. Speedzone with weights forward routinely had a lower launch and spin in the low 2000s.... ball speed were exactly the same!!

SZ has the Ventus Blue and my Xtreme has a Ventus Black. I think both combos are absolutely perfect. The Black in the standard Speedzone launched too low

after the indoor trackman sessions i went
straight to the driving range. Biggest difference immediately was how different the sounds are between the 2. The Xtreme is much louder.

Also I was shocked to see how controllable and accurate the regular Speedzone was outside. Back in February I was spraying the ball all over and spinning very high with regular Speedzone which is why I went with the Xtreme. Next round I’ll put the SZ in play and see how it goes
I need to see some pics of that thing with the Ventus Blue. 🔥🔥🔥

I can't believe I'm going to say this because I despise Cobra - but I hit the SZ Xtreme and I freaking liked it. Really like how it sets up at address with the face milling wrapping onto the crown a little.
Ive never despised Cobra but I have always been the biggest TaylorMade fan. I have played practically every driver and fairway they release every year... even this year I already had a sim Max driver and sim 3w

once I hit the Xtreme I was 100% sold on it being the driver for me this year. on course it’s been the most accurate and controllable driver I’ve ever played. What has been the most surprising is the ball speed I’ve gotten from it and spin staying pretty low

Why such strong feelings about Cobra?

People under estimate a ball change off the tee so much. Low compression reduces spin and minor misses can become more playable.

People under estimate a ball change off the tee so much. Low compression reduces spin and minor misses can become more playable.

But wouldn’t the ChomeSoft X be higher spin than the Bridgestone B X?

Back