NEWS PGA Tour Player Tests Positive for COVID-19

Jamie Weir from Sky Sports posted on Twitter 15 minutes ago:

"Rory McIlroy has just confirmed that, contrary to what the PGA Tour say, Nick Watney WAS at the golf course today. They were on the practice putting green at the same time. Why the Tour cover-up? Transparency surely key with something like this."

Jamie Weir from Sky Sports posted on Twitter 15 minutes ago:

"Rory McIlroy has just confirmed that, contrary to what the PGA Tour say, Nick Watney WAS at the golf course today. They were on the practice putting green at the same time. Why the Tour cover-up? Transparency surely key with something like this."
Wow. Rory made it clear with his comments during the lockdown that he wasn’t going to mess around with this. Interesting...

MLB just shut down all of spring training. I’m guessing if there are more positives before next week’s tournament the PGA will do the same to re-evaluate. It would be a PR nightmare if additional people get sick and they continue to play.

Hope he is ok and limited his interaction this week.

Whatever was passed from Watney to Rory worked, his score after sharing a putting green with Covid Watney was six shots better.

Get me some of that virus....:cool:

This was bound to happen, it wasn’t if, it was when.

Like many have commented it was inevitable. I’m sure the tour has put in place the right protocols & reducing the spread really is the responsibility of the players.

Did Watney leave the 'bubble' by driving himself home after Colonial? Maybe they get stricter about using the charter, to start.

It is going to be impossible to keep it out of the Tour circle, but they cant roll up in a ball and hide, either.

Did Watney leave the 'bubble' by driving himself home after Colonial? Maybe they get stricter about using the charter, to start.

It is going to be impossible to keep it out of the Tour circle, but they cant roll up in a ball and hide, either.
Exactly. I'm not sure what they expected.

Nature always finds a way in spite of the best efforts to stop it.

Anybody see this?

Sergio on Watney: "He's probably one of the nicest guys on Tour. Unfortunately, it had to happen to him. So there's a lot of other people that probably deserved it a lot more than him, and he's the one that got it."

What's Sergio trying to say? :oops::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Nature always finds a way in spite of the best efforts to stop it.
Dr Malcolm tried to warn us all those years ago in Jurassic Park!!!

Was going to eventually happen, hopefully it stays contained or minimal spread and move on.

Anybody see this?

Sergio on Watney: "He's probably one of the nicest guys on Tour. Unfortunately, it had to happen to him. So there's a lot of other people that probably deserved it a lot more than him, and he's the one that got it."

What's Sergio trying to say? :oops::LOL::ROFLMAO:
I took it as there are people not being cautious and Watney was? I don't think he was wishing anyone would catch it. A bit of English being his second language and feeling bad for Watney.

But, I'm sure people will run with it. And, don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Sergio. But, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and dig at the guy over this either.

I took it as there are people not being cautious and Watney was? I don't think he was wishing anyone would catch it. A bit of English being his second language and feeling bad for Watney.

But, I'm sure people will run with it. And, don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Sergio. But, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and dig at the guy over this either.
I agree, I just think it's funny when people slip up with these types of things. Makes me laugh. 😂

You see that the Whoop band/app gave him a heads up that something wasn’t right.

“According to McIlroy, who had a brief discussion with Watney on the practice green prior to the second round, Watney told him that his WHOOP had picked up some unusual breathing activity while he was sleeping.

“Nick said the thing that got him yesterday morning was he wears a WHOOP strap,” McIlroy said. “A lot of us, we wear these WHOOP straps on the wrist or on the biceps. One of the big telltale signs that they’ve found over the last few weeks they’ve done studies where, if your respiratory rate goes up during the night by more than two breaths per minute, that’s sort of a tell tale sign that you might have something.”

You see that the Whoop band/app gave him a heads up that something wasn’t right.

“According to McIlroy, who had a brief discussion with Watney on the practice green prior to the second round, Watney told him that his WHOOP had picked up some unusual breathing activity while he was sleeping.

“Nick said the thing that got him yesterday morning was he wears a WHOOP strap,” McIlroy said. “A lot of us, we wear these WHOOP straps on the wrist or on the biceps. One of the big telltale signs that they’ve found over the last few weeks they’ve done studies where, if your respiratory rate goes up during the night by more than two breaths per minute, that’s sort of a tell tale sign that you might have something.”

Now that's kind of interesting

Back