Sell me on Spikeless Shoes

@Space Bandito stop swinging so damn hard in spikeless sheesh!!! j/k

I'm not a fan of having to change shoes or walking in full spikes if I have to make a quick stop at the store before/after a round. So for me the best blend of comfort and traction when it comes to spikelesss have been G|Fore. On my Skulls & T's Disruptors, the spikes themselves are arranged in a pattern that closely matches that of full spikes and they're a bit longer and firmer than other spikeless shoes I've tried (FJ, Puma). The one drawback if I were to pick one out is that the pair I have are full leather. Right now it's only in the 90s, but I'm worried that when we hit triple didgets my feet might melt. Even then, the combination of comfort and traction are worth it thus far. They do have some that are more running shoe style, but thats not what I like to wear.

Spikeless should be your nice day summer shoes. They are awesome in dry weather, but I always wear spikes when it's wet. Spikeless however are far more comfortable, especially for walking. Also when you wear out a pair of spikeless shoes they make for some killer lawn mowing shoes. The little extra bit of traction is perfect.

This made me laugh because that's exactly what I use old spikeless golf shoes for

My last two pairs have been Skechers which I've been very happy with. One pair is leather (for wet days) and the other a breathable mesh. The sole of these shoes are not spiked but give ample grip on wet or dry turf.
1592572652407.png

I got a pair of inexpensive Calloways at the pro shop. I wear them on and off the course. The only complaint is inside on a wet tile floor, they are a bit slickerly. Granted, they are golf shoes.

I have some Adidas spikeless shoes and find them good even in fairly wet conditions. I have one pair of spiked shoes and those are a tiny bit better but not enough for me to need to wear them when it is wet. I do like to have shoes with a 2 year waterproof guarantee I find they are more waterproof. I had a pair of Puma shoes with a 1 year guarantee and my feet got damp walking through dew.

if it's dry, I love the FJ Flex/Flex XPs...if it's damp, not so much. however, it's 98% dry this time of year. once the fall/winter rolls back around, I will be looking for a comfortable walking spiked shoe.

I am not the biggest fan of spikeless shoes. But I do own a pair. I think they are great for practice or for quick rounds. I like that I can put them on at home and wear them to the course. That is really about it.

I wear spikes almost always.

This made me laugh because that's exactly what I use old spikeless golf shoes for
It's one of those things that once you do it, you never won't do it again 😂

Wonder if there is any data on the number of PGA pros who go spikeless.

do you play when the grass is wet?

Sometimes, but as little as possible. Only from rain, not morning dew except for when playing tournaments. I'm not a fast swinger (approx. 95 with driver) and weigh 145 on a heavy day so I'm sure both of those factors help some with the lack of slipping.

as many would say, just play in a regular pair of shoes then.
i like the looks of a lot of the spikeless i just cant get myself to purchase a pair.

I recently purchased a pair of Ecco biom hybrid 3 spikeless
I have worn them for 2 rounds now and LOVE THEM! Feel like I am wearing slippers.

I tend to sweep a lot of dew.
We share the same playing conditions; the predominance of early morning rounds has prevented me from trying spikeless shoes. As others have indicated, I don't think there is yet a suitable replacement for spikes when the conditions are damp.

My go to for mid-day rounds in the heat are the FJ golf sandals. But then again that's only on vacation in FL, so there's that. For the time being I'm still spiked.

I love the puma grip fusion 2.0's. They are super ventilated, are comfortable for walking, are super stable, and the best part for me is the line that goes down each shoes tongue which is straight, and makes for easier alignment with my eyes and makes lining up a breeze for me (especially for putts).

1592595111546.png

Addendum to my above post above about Puma Ignite NXTs:

I live in Arizona. What is this rain of which you speak?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Addendum to my above post above about Puma Ignite NXTs:

I live in Arizona. What is this rain of which you speak?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
We don't get much in the way of rain here either, but when you're out at 6am there's a lot of dew and often running sprinklers.

I am not the biggest fan of spikeless shoes. But I do own a pair. I think they are great for practice or for quick rounds. I like that I can put them on at home and wear them to the course. That is really about it.

I wear spikes almost always.

I am the opposite. I recently bought a pair of spikes in case I need them, but I always play in spikeless. Comfort, especially for when I walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have too many pairs of golf shoes. All of them have spikes with the exception of a pair of Eccos and my Adidas Code Chaos. If I had to choose only one pair to wear for the rest of the year, it would be the Code Chaos. I do not slip in them and the comfort for me is beyond anything else I have worn that still gives me a platform that is more than stable enough. I like them so much, I have another pair I wear a day or two each week to work as my standard shoe.

All of you guys are arguing comfort, but what makes them more comfortable?

I think something about the sole structure without the spikes makes them more comfortable, but I cannot explain why.

I swing just a wee bit hard/fast/aggressively/insanely-at-times and have never had traction issues with spikeless.

All of you guys are arguing comfort, but what makes them more comfortable?

It’s like the difference between a dress shoe and running shoes. They’re just more comfortable for me. My foot joys with spikes barely see the light of day. I never have really had skipping issues unless it’s super wet out.

It’s like the difference between a dress shoe and running shoes. They’re just more comfortable for me. My foot joys with spikes barely see the light of day. I never have really had skipping issues unless it’s super wet out.
You need better dress shoes;) I'll take a pair of Ferragamo lace ups over running shoes any day of the week

I bought a pair of spikeless FJ shoes about 5 years ago and I felt as if I were playing golf on an ice rink, especially on wet turf. Since then I have been pretty put off. Now, amidst brands like Puma releasing some really bad ass kicks without a spiked option (why? why? WHY?) I am inclined to once again look at spikless shoes.

Can you sell me on them? How will they be different than my previous shoes?
Screenshot_20200620-173406_eBay.jpg

Because the walk is something that should leave you with a smile 😃 and not a blister or callous :drinks:

Back